Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread
That's the one thing I love about CLAMP's wording: it's very subtle, and with the Japanese phrasing, it can mean one thing or the other. And they use that very cleverly.
Tsubasaholic: Thank you! I feel very welcome. The ending sure looks like it's going to be more omnipotent and "worldly" than anything we've ever seen from CLAMP and I can't wait to see what they've slapped us in the face with.
AH. So have any of you just finished the new TRC chapter that's come out? This makes things even more confusing....THREE Sakuras and THREE Syaorans? ???? Maybe one pair is Watanuki's parents, and the other is Syaoran's? As Sakura#2 said (i'm just going to number them- Sakura TRC version, the second Sakura who showed up last chappie, and the young schoolgirl version of Sakura is #3) stated, "she who is from a different world but is the same as me"- could this be that when Syaoran and Watanuki separated, they also had to create duplicates of the parents? I mean, it wasn't as if the parents were taken from Syaoran's dimension and put into Watanuki's.
I also have a theory referring to the "death" of Watanuki's parents- rather, they made the choice that they would sacrifice their time together for the sake of Syaoran and the rest of the TRC group to save the world, and left Watanuki, but certainly never died. I remember in the very beginning of xxxHolic that Yuuko-san said that Watanuki's parents died from a "supernatural incident".So then, how did they leave the impression that they died rather than left? Hm...I'm guessing they made the bargain with Yuuko....
Trust me, I'm a Doctor Who fan of all sorts, loving time-travel, dimensions, alternate universes, parallel universes, time reversal, and all that, but this is WAY over my head.
