Re: xxxHolic 178 Discussion/179 Prediction Thread
Well, the latest chappie of TRC has come out, so I’m basing some of my speculations off from there (spoiler warnings! beep beep!)
As we see in the latest chapter of TRC, Yuuko-san once again appears with clone!Syaoran and clone!Sakura in the dream world. This offers Watanuki a chance to see them as well, and thus Yuuko (and maybe some questions about where the heck she was lol)
As for the lady accepting the food, Watanuki is going to have his first success at teaching others about themselves (aka being Yuuko-san). Poor Watanuki, he has no clue where Yuuko is. Now that I think about it, it only seemed that Yuuko-san went to the TRC world. So where is Mokona and Maru and Moro? It’s hinted that Maru and Moro still are in incorporeal form, protecting the shop (though we saw that it’s slowly being degraded, as Watanuki even saw), but I still don’t know where Mokona is…..*sniffs*
I’m really kind of glad that Watanuki is no longer a passive character. He really is starting to do things on HIS OWN and that makes me happy. It’s the one thing I really love xxxHolic (and thus think it’s better than TRC) is that it’s completely different in that there are no clichés, and a lot of room for character development and thought provoking discussions. The art seems a lot more eloquent, and the story is just a lot more focused rather than all over the place in TRC. Our main characters don’t have superpowers other than the ability to see and exorcise spirits (but that isn’t the main idea of the story) and it’s really the use of discussion between the characters that makes this manga flow really well. I’m truly proud of CLAMP so far, and I hope that xxxHolic doesn’t end soon (though TRC is going to, we all know that). I can’t really see how it can end. There are so many questions that need to be answered- especially Yuuko-san’s past. What is she? How did she get her title? Why was she separated from time and space? It almost seems that it’s Yuuko’s curse (like Jigoku Shoujo in a fashion- the girl has to make people’s revenge come true, in the same way that Yuuko-san must make others wishes come true).
Also, a bit off topic but….is anyone a Yuuko/Watanuki fan here? Cause I totally am.
