Re: xxxHolic 181 Discussion/182 Prediction Thread
Yuuko's different to wata though... She was born and lived normally, probably for quite a long time because of her magic and then she was supposed to die, but she didn't... And so she has lived her life, and well, it would really suck to live forever.
Not that I'm not sad for her... And Wata. But it doesn't feel like she's dying. It always sort of seemed like she wasn't quite linked to reality, I guess, and she wasn't, and now she's moving on from that state. It's not like the clones in tsubasa where they haven't lived their lives or had their story completed. Their end would (hopefully) be more happily ever after, but Yuuko's end is happy, but in a different way. She gets to end all of the destruction caused by FWR on her account, and, supposedly, be with Clow again in death.
I love Yuuko but I... It'd be a far worse ending for her if she had to live on for ages and ages because of her magic while watanuki and co, and everyone else she knows and cares about grow and have lives and etc, and she just stays the same ever, before, after a very long time, dying alone. At least this way Wata is there. And he's telling her how much he cares about her, and how she's had an impact on his life. So her continued existence wasn't meaningless.