Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHolic 185 Discussion/186 Prediction Thread

There's a website called torrentreactor.net which says to have chapter 186 raws since yesterday. I haven't checked if that's true (I can't download anything to my computer because it doesn't have an antivirus).

Here's the url: http://www.torrentreactor.net/find/xxxholic-186
 
Last edited:

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: Xxx Holic will not end in 2009....!!!!

Oooh!!! This is getting more interesting every day. Does that mean that they're trapped somewhere?

It isn't ending this year *jumps*. :amuse
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 185 Discussion/186 Prediction Thread

There's a website called torrentreactor.net which says to have chapter 186 raws since yesterday. I haven't checked if that's true (I can't download anything to my computer because it doesn't have an antivirus).

Here's the url: http://www.torrentreactor.net/find/xxxholic-186
Oh no no nonono. Do NOT click on any of those "External search results"; those are auto-generated based on your search query. There's no telling what those are.

I've learned the hard way before. In a lot of those search sites you have to watch out for any "external search results" or "Sponsor links". Pay attention. Such clues as commonly used terms like "2009" or "Full Download" or "CD Key" or "Complete" are a big clue as to them being fake auto-gen files. Always pay attention to what heading they're under.

If you scroll down to the actual search results UNDER the fake links and scary copyright ad, you'll see that none of them are a full match. So no, there are no links to it on that site.

If you're gonna torrent-search, use isohunt.com , as it pools from various trackers, and gives legitimate results. (Though currently it doesn't have it either; nobody's scanning it yet I guess)

(...And is it only on my computer, or is my avatar now a link, which doesn't even work? o.O )

Thanks for trying to help, but always exercise caution; so many websites try to trick folks, it's downright nasty what methods they'll use to infect innocent people's computers. Appreciate the effort though. :nod
 
Last edited:

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: Xxx Holic will not end in 2009....!!!!

http://thelastfruit.blog22.fc2.com/blog-entry-132.html well i believe this is a summary of the chappy since the mag is already out in japan... first paragraph isnt about chappy but the next 2 paragraphs are...

thread prolly should be merged w/ spoils thread.... btw
[eni]I let it stay for a while due to it being important news :amuse [/eni]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 185 Discussion/186 Prediction Thread

... So there's actually no one who can scan it? Surely there's someone around who's in Japan or knows someone in Japan or SOMETHING. It just seems ridiculous that one person goes away and suddenly no one can get hold of it.

Actually, come to think of it, I know someone in Japan. If there's nothing by like this weekend I might ask if any of her friends get young magazine (or weekly shonen, though I doubt it).
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHolic 185 Discussion/186 Prediction Thread

The same happened with chapter 184. The raws arrived by Wednesday and the translations, by Thursday or Friday.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 185 Discussion/186 Prediction Thread

True. But at least that time we could still get them through mangahelpers. And now the usual scanner has apparently gone away. So I'm a little worried.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: Xxx Holic will not end in 2009....!!!!

It's cool that holic is keeping going... But why is tsubasa ending so soon? I mean, it's been clear that the end is coming, but there's still so much to resolve. And holic nd tsubasa are so linked. When they said december it seemed a big gap, but if it keeps going til next year...
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic 185 Discussion/186 Prediction Thread

Ju-Ni Vic still plans on scanning holic in as usual... he cant pick it up though til wednesdays... not sure how hes gonna go bout distributing the raw... but you can ask him in the mangahelpers channel (i think he chills in there as well) on irchighway...

anyhow... i do hope we get some explanations w/ the next chappy... considering what the spoils are showin atm...
 
Last edited:

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

HERE COMES YE SNOWOLF WITH YE SPOILERS. YOU ART FOREWARNED!

OKAY!

So i looked around and got this. SPOILERS. It's not really a translation, kind of vague, but it's better than nothing. got it from LJ.

------------
xxxHolic 186: so, those scans aren't coming anytime soon.
So this blogger's entry talks about the latest chapter in detail. Google Translator has failed me, so I turned to my (very) unwilling friend to translate whatever she could make out of the entry. I hope she hasn't messed up anything while badly translating it for me. Here's the entry in Japanese (I will appreciate it if you guys point the wrong/obvious mistakes and their corrections -- wouldn't want to mess the spoilers up).




-
The chapters opens up with the hitsuzen line. Black butterflies are seen, flying off.

- Doumeki enters the shop with bags, then welcomed by Moro and Maru (clearly translated here, with that scan).

- Doumeki opens a door/is opened for him and Watanuki is lying there, on the sofa, with the pipe in his hands. Doumeki mentions something about naps, or unnecessary long naps. Watanuki replies.

- Doumeki bought the vegetables for today's dinner (pffffft, like there would have been anything but food in those bags), so off to the kitchen.

- Before dinner Mokona tells Doumeki that Watanuki is the same as always.

- They have dinner, and Watanuki mentions something about a university, probably to do with Doumeki.

- Watanuki talks about Doumeki's major and about what would have been better has he went with Science as a major, rather than Folklore.

- Doumeki says that he already told him why/how he chose what he chose, four years ago. That because of the stuff his grandfather left him, and because of his interest in them ("And because someone has too keep you in line/safe/SANE," but he doesn't really say that).

- Doumeki replies some more (?), and Watanuki smiles.

- Watanuki is still in his Kimono.


Thanks to starlady38 for confirming/adding some of these!

:'D AAAAA, IDEK, YOU GUYS. These don't say much, but still, I had to know. Still, I won't rest well until I see those scans /sobs


ETA: Okay, moar text-y stuff. The fangirling source, thanks to VAChE!


- It seems like Watanuki moves in this way (I wish I could explain that, but I'd guess he's being, you know... you know? Yuuko-like, when she moved about in her kimonos). He's dressed in a bit of loose kimono that's filled with butterflies.

- Watanuki comments about The Suit, asking if students wear suits these days/at where Doumeki studies (?). What. Wait, right, don't tell me he got a job? Oi /o\ No, he actually wears them for students/faculty meetings (I don't even know why that makes me giggle, but it does).

- Doumeki is ever-calm, hardly speaks with his usual sarcastic tone.

- There's a pause/The Usual Doumeki Stare when Watanuki ponders about the whole major thing, before answering with "I'm doing it out of interest" answer. (This would lead one to believe that, of course, he clearly isn't doing it for that reason).

OOH. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
 

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Xxx Holic will not end in 2009....!!!!

I'm personally glad that TRC is ending (at last!) it got so convoluted and messed up that it really needs to end now. xxxHolic is the exact opposite, it needs more attention to and since CLAMP realizes that, I'm glad.

Four years time skip, with Doumeki in college. OOh.
 

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Xxx Holic will not end in 2009....!!!!

woa damn, did NOT see that coming at all!
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

Thanks Snowwolf!! It's hard waiting for the scans but at least all these spoilers for both TRC and Holic make the waiting a little easier!! I love the fact that Doumeki continues to study in folklore, (Like the girl with the monkey's paw!)
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

That's great :). Thank you so much. I think I read that in CLAMP in forum land yesterday and saw that Domeki welcome picture, but I want to see the scans with my own eyes. Please, someone go to Japan or something...!!! :(
 
Last edited:

Satt

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Xxx Holic will not end in 2009....!!!!

The only thing I can think of, is maybe the Tsubasa crew will get dumped into Watanuki's world, and they'll all be there together. (That'd sure be fun! :XD Though... maybe not that simple :sweat )
I would love for this to happen, I think it would be quite interesting! and lol since when has anything CLAMP related been simple? especially holic and Tsubasa.
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
A DouWata Disscussion

why isn't there one of these already? o 3o
anywho . ..
with xXxHolic being changed to xXxHolic Reo
, i thought it was time to bring it up. cuase their relationship is turmiol like no other. (Ack!)
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

uwwwaaaaahh!!! i wants to see the Dou-chan suit picture! :D :D
i rewatched the whole first season again in my anxiousness. god i lvoe the third ep in english.
"Watanuki say's he thinks about you everyday and would die without y- I NEVER SAID THAT!"
*teehee* thank you Yuuko-san.
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

Can't translate it i'm afraid, but doesn't Wata look like a girl in that Kimino!! Its kinda wierd that he wears Yuuko's clothers though, but i loove the fact that Wata has developed Yuuko's facial expressions!!:amuse

I was also looking at the clothes the clothes Wata changes into later in that chapter, Doesn;t the clothes looks similar to what the grown up CShaoran wears in TRC?
 
Last edited:
Top