Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

idlemind009

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

blue moon stone is very precious as it helps symbolize that everything is in fact everything. As people , we are all connected to other people, and no matter how brief the meeting, people affect each other. The red moon, is a symbol of blood, in the bible it is said that the red moon is a sign of the end. when the moon can no longer bear he sins of man, she will cry tears of blood. the lady jurogumo cannot be trusted, it will be interesting to see how watanuki deals with the most negative person...ahem...spirit he has yet to encounter. xxxholic is surely walking a darker path, yuko always provided a safety net from everyone, but in her absence can really handle this ? much in the way yuko would.

is anyone into tarot cards ? yuko is so like the high priestess. I used to think yuko was somehow evil HAH!, the joke is suttle yet predictable, with her liking hot spicey foods during the hottest days of summer. lol.

but yuko is not the high priestess as depicted in the tarot, but yuko does drink with her whenever she can, "cheers to you ",


xxxholic is a special anime, the wisdom contained in the first episode is just astounding, watanukis transformation is also astounding,
 
Last edited:

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

196 is officially up guys! You can read it here.

So, what did you guys think? I personally loved this one. I wonder what Watanuki saw.....and what the Crimson Pearl is doing in that place!

Moderator Notice:
merged the two threads together~ ibra87
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

Thanks Folen :)

Hmm i wonder who is the woman was in water basin that watanuki saw...
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

I'm super intrigued indeed! :nod Interesting change of go-getters in terms of Kohane-chan and Doumeki-san heading for the scene. Even though her eyes are still so sad, she's got some spark hidden deep inside. I'm really happy to see that. ^_^ Hope she doesn't get hurt with whatever's going on.

It's awesome that Watanuki's power shared with Doumeki's eye works by will now. Wata-san's gotten so strong! :XD

And it was sooo adorable when Mugetsu bristled up at seeing/smelling the spider's web. X3 So protective of his Wata-sama, lol!

I have no idea what's going to happen now... So intriiiiigued!
 

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

I wonder what Watanuki saw in the basin...it looked like a curtain to me, but I'm not sure...is it a person?
 

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

I wonder what Watanuki saw in the basin...it looked like a curtain to me, but I'm not sure...is it a person?
I was pretty certain it was a woman. I maybe wrong :p
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

I was pretty certain it was a woman. I maybe wrong :p
I think it was a woman too. The thing that Watanuki saw in the basin looked like part of a dress.
 

idlemind009

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

yuuko intriged me from the very beginning but now watanuki has really become a inspiration for me....he is becoming a man, he is very much like the fool in the story of the tarot. With yuuko being like the high priestess he is becoming very wise. Hes my new hero.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

Have been skulking around for a while, can't remember the last time I posted.

I love seeing Kohane, she's definitely one of my favourite characters in all of holic, and she and Doumeki have such a good friendship (omg the flashing line has reappeared. I can actually see where I'm typing!). And I liked Watanuki's outfit. =D

And now on to ranting about how much it's all been bugging me lately:

Is it just me or does holic seem to have lost it's sense of direction somewhat? We had all this build up, and yes something happened, but not what had been built up to. I mean the egg.
I just feel like I'm reading all these new chapters waiting for something to happen and it's ruining the experience a little. I love seeing more of all the characters, especially watanuki being so grown up, though my favourite moments of him are where you see him being his old self, and I maintain that all the kimono make him look like a male prostitute (it worked on Yuuko because she was just cool like that. And, you know, female), but I'm at a loss to see where CLAMP is going with it all. If rou is really a new story then fine, but it's so wrapped up in the old one it'd be nice if they concluded that one first. These new story arcs are cool, but they could go on forever without leading to anything, it's like all the tension got created and now isn't quite sure what to do with itself and so is manifesting in all the other characters (as in, not Wata) making quasi-significant comments.

It appears to be past midnight *ahem*. I think I'll go to bed now.
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

Hello everyone! Its been ages since i last posted but the apartment building that Doumeki and Kohane arrive at reminded me of the chapter in the first volume with the lady who trying to quit the net.
Check it out! Doesn't it look the same?

http://www.onemanga.com/xxxHolic/8/12/

http://www.onemanga.com/xxxHolic/196/16/
It looks the same, but it might not be the same building. Remember the shamisen lady who looked like the one who almost killed Watanuki.

But, if it is, why? I mean, could they be trying to reconnect all the cases? :?bunny
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

Well if it's not the same building i'd be surprised because it is COMPLETELY IDENTICAL. It even has the same neighbour with the round lights.
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

Shirubia: Hmmm, even though I love this series and won't stop doing so, I agree with the points you brought up. Then again, it's hard to tell how it flows as a narrative when it comes out so periodically. I didn't see the egg as a buildup, but more as one of those things that'll reveal itself when the time is right. But, it did get a lot of focus, so I can see how it'd also feel like a buildup.

I still think things will all come together in the end, but it might be a long wait. The story has a more drifting approach now, but that's largely because Watanuki himself is drifting, floating, waiting. He used to flow with time, and time moves forward. But now he's drifting in stopped time while the world around him moves on. I guess I'm prepared to deal with the different flow, being because HE is in a different flow.

But with this possible new link to the previous story, things might get pulled into that epicenter Wata-san's formed.

Hello everyone! Its been ages since i last posted but the apartment building that Doumeki and Kohane arrive at reminded me of the chapter in the first volume with the lady who trying to quit the net.
Check it out! Doesn't it look the same?
Wow, great observation watanuki01/04, it looks the exact same! :blink While there's a small chance that it's just the same apartment complex but a different building or room... it looks WAY too similar to be a coincidence. And yeah, we all know there IS no coincidence... ;)

*is in even more suspense now!*
 

frostmourne4

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

If you look, even the building next to it and the power lines over head are the same. Either Clamp's getting lazy and reusing art or that's the same apartment complex.
 

TheDarkestofNights

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

But maybe the resembalance the two apartment building are supposed to signify something, rather than CLAMP being lazy? We first saw a similar apartment building in the first arc, but with Yuuko as the head of the shop granting wishes, but not leaving (or rarely leaving), with Doumeki and Watanuki going to th sites. And a similar apartment, but now it's Watanuki as the shop master, and Kohane-chan and Doumeki going to the sites....
But maybe I am just putting to much thought into it, and it is just a coincidence... but then again, thats usually not the case with holic, yeah?
 

Flipper

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

Hello everyone! Its been ages since i last posted but the apartment building that Doumeki and Kohane arrive at reminded me of the chapter in the first volume with the lady who trying to quit the net.
Check it out! Doesn't it look the same?

http://www.onemanga.com/xxxHolic/8/12/

http://www.onemanga.com/xxxHolic/196/16/
I also noticed that at first, but in retrospect I realise that it's identical; I wonder if the lady with internet related issues is going to reappear. I'm happy to see some connections to earlier parts of the story, hopefully it'll start picking up a bit more as of now!

Really loved the new team of Kohane and Doumeki (it was nice to see that Watanuki was still with them though in an indirect way); though it was kind of weird to not see Watanuki accompanying Doumeki on this "expedition".

I doubt it's a coincidence, Clamp put a lot of attention to detail, and I'm sure it has some significance.
 

idlemind009

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
The most important question

what does yuuko stuff into her pipe after she grants every wish ?


Does anyone else thinks its a clear reference to marijuana ?


I wonder if that is one of the big secrets of the show, aside from watanuki and doumeki clearly homosexual relationship ( I mean I havent seen heterosexual men, share a love as strong as theirs. even before Watanuki's accident).

I wish I could ask her.
 
Last edited:

idlemind009

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The Yuuko Ichihara Shrine

no, I believe we too have the power to grant wishes. She is not a God, she is just like us.
 

idlemind009

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 196 Discussion/197 Predictions Thread

well think about. the white moon (which is very often associated with God aka the Holy Spirit aka the Sacred Mother etc, etc, ) represents spiritual purity. The crimson moon must of course symbolize filth, the same muck and filth that constantly tried to bring Watanuki down. Who would posses such a filthy object and how would the enviroment of such a thing be changed ? So the Lady had to use Watanuki to find and steal this object.
I think the Lady knew where it was, but she couldnt get it on her own. Could the woman/figure watanuki saw in the basin be a spirit more filthy than lady jurogumo!?

The usual doumeki/watanuki pairing is now being replaced by kohane chan and doumeki. Kohane chan can still see spirits but doumeki still cannot although he can sense them and reject them.

hopefully no one will get hurt.


now watanuki through another dream has entered into a past space...the previous occupant also held a certain object, which was crimson red. It was not an evil object but a very precious one ( her child's high chair, the price she paid for her computer addiction was all the memories she would have had with her child, feeding him in the chair), but a strange girl is in the dream and she can see watanuki...who is she and what does this mean.


watanukis and doumeki's relationship is weird. Watanuki dares to blow smoke right in his face OMG ? and he just sits there... ?


just a thought ? could the red pearl be a person ? "...person, mankind, people, ...people are the worlds strangest creatures".
 
Last edited:
Top