Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 199 Discussion/200 Predictions Thread

Urgh... yeah... looking at the original speaking it appears it's still not a definite confession after all. @_@

Now I feel foolish for getting so excited, heh... But I hadn't figured the translator would make such a simple mistake/assumption when they get so much else correct that's much more complicated... I mean, that's elementary stuff right there, even I would have gotten it right had I read the Japanese, and that's sad with how little I know...

Good point to bring up. It was still cute and very sincere, but... Blargh. I should have known though, it seemed awful odd for CLAMP to do such so easily. I'll still leave my past embarrassing happy outburst though since, well, it was how I felt at the time. :sweat

Still cute, but yeah, the translator assumed way too much...
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: Kobato episode 17

Really? I watched it until episode 4, I think. I love the ending, it's so cute. I'll check ep 17 right now!!! ^-^


Oh yeah!!! I almost screamed, though he appeared for 30 seconds or so. And he was wearing his Rou clothes!!! :confetti

But his design and the shop's were different. I assume it's because of the studio. And Ioryogi landed in the pond in Doumeki's shrine. Plus, Mokonaland (but it was written with a "c").
 
Last edited:

bookology

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
Re: Kobato episode 17

I was watching CCS and there is one episode where Mizuki says to Touya that "There is no such thing as coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable" . Mizuki was the one who loved Clow-Eriol Right...?
 

uekipheonix

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Sri Lanka
Re: xxxHolic 199 Discussion/200 Predictions Thread

Well imo, Wata x Hina is not a good cuple. And this is xxx Holic so I dont hink hey will foucus more on these stuff any way, xD

even tho daisuki can be taken ether way the 2nd part was a fail of fail manga, lol

Doumeki: Kunogi really cares about him.
Mokona: So does Watanuki. // He's working really hard, using all the techniques he's learned... / ...to try and make the shop even a little more accommodating for her.
by CNET
 
Last edited:

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Kobato episode 17

Yeah, Mizuki says that in the Manga if i remember rightly. She was probably taught that by Eriol. Makes sense as Clow spent a lot of time with Yuuko.
 

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: xxxHolic 199 Discussion/200 Predictions Thread

Himawari x watanuki... Doumeki X mokona... :3

haha... was it really platonic? that daisuki thing? hmmm... either way, it's ok if they ship together... and i'm glad that watanuki is doing so many things to keep the shop "accomodating" for Himawari... XD
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHolic Fanworks

Hahaha!!! That was so funny ^-^ :clap2 :mokona :Haha

Can we post links to fanfics here, too? I remember I read a Tsubasa-Holic truth or dare fanfiction that was so good I just couldn't stop laughing.
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Fanworks

Hehe, thanks.

I don't see why not; if it involves xxxholic and it's a fanwork then go for it! :nod
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Last edited by a moderator:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 200 Discussion/201 Predictions Thread

So, I'm really curious what the lady is... Seems like she's lonely and timeless. I have a strong feeling she'll play some huge role in the future with Watanuki being able to relate to her and all.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxHolic 200 Discussion/201 Predictions Thread

Atleast we know now that the crimson pearl is from that injured girl's tears,
but she's still a mystery and maybe the role of the crimson pearl too...
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 200 Discussion/201 Predictions Thread

Folks,

And the saga continues... Last time, we have got the blind lady with the mysterious shamisen that will work in perfect harmony with a very special plectrum. This time we have got a mysterious lady, who has not aged (like Watanuki now), with a crimson pearl made of "sadness"...

One was happy to find the other half; One was sad to lose the other half.

But why does the spider woman want Watanuki to get this crimson pearl for her? Why does she need it?

BTW, I have checked with another translation and find this English version by LittleWolf-Angels have got some discrepancies in certain dialogues. However, it is quite common for many manga translations. I am still grateful for their sharing. Wish that I can read Japanese in the first place.
 
Last edited:

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
TRC GUYS IN KOBATO EPISODE 20!!!?

Hi everone, long time no speak on the TRC forum!

I was watching the end of Kobato episode 19 that has just been released and it looked like Fai and Mokona was in the small clip fro episode 20. I know this episode was written by Nanase Okawa from Clamp, but can anyone confirm that what i saw was true? Is it Fai?!
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 201 Discussion/202 Predictions Thread

Watanuki is suffering a lot by himself. It was so sad to see!
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHolic 201 Discussion/202 Predictions Thread

Watanuki is suffering a lot by himself. It was so sad to see!
Oh yeah. :crying Even though, it's impressive that he still cares about others.

That spider lady is so annoying. :mad I wonder what she will do and what will happen to the woman in the apartment (did she really eat mermaid's flesh?).:jawdrop

And the pipe fox is soooo cute!!! It really looked like a brush. Kudakitsune rocks!!! ^-^ :mokona :bkitty :yourock :clap2
 

idlemind009

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Notice any similarities ?
















 
Last edited:

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxHolic 201 Discussion/202 Predictions Thread

That spider lady is so annoying. :mad I wonder what she will do and what will happen to the woman in the apartment
Definitely especially that part when the spider lady licked blood from Watanuki's neck ...
*looks at the picture* (it feels gross...) :eek: :p

I'm quite glad because it seems Spider lady earned a good impression on Watanuki on this chapter, i hope she doesn't much bother them later...
 
Top