Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

chison

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic Volume Cover Thread

A good deepdark J-fashion cover^^
thanks

ps:if you are a fans of HOLIC and you had bought all the volume,then the cover will alway be with you^^
 

MelandStv

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
16
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic Volume Cover Thread

I have the English volumes (as they come out) but I like the Japanese covers better =)
 

ImotoChan

Proofreader
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
266
Reaction score
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 148 Discussion/149 Prediction Thread

A chapter about Kohane-chan~! Well, any HOLiC chapter is a good chapter.. To me, I guess.. But it seems shorter than usual, no? I mean, sure it's been 12 pages long before but I felt like I was about to fall off the cliff when the chapter ended just like *snaps* that. I mean! Usually, there's some "Stay tune!" info on the last page of the chapter, but the last chapter just showed Doumeki and Watanuki-kun at the front of the TV station and then it ended. Felt a bit weird..
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

The latest chapter is HERE!!!

Get it now while it's still hot and come back here after you guys are done reading it :o
Come and discuss it with us :)
 

ImotoChan

Proofreader
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
266
Reaction score
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

At the moment, any HOLiC chapter that is released will be grabbed gladly. No more HOLiC for at least 2 weeks..!

Watanuki-kun mentioned something about being human, yet she (the reception lady) might not see him.. Is this something to do with his 'disappearance'? Don't disappear Watanuki-kun! I'll be so devastated..
 

Lycoris

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

At the moment, any HOLiC chapter that is released will be grabbed gladly. No more HOLiC for at least 2 weeks..!

Watanuki-kun mentioned something about being human, yet she (the reception lady) might not see him.. Is this something to do with his 'disappearance'? Don't disappear Watanuki-kun! I'll be so devastated..
Please don't let him disappear! I'm really getting confused by all this now though, why could the others see him and why does he keep falling asleep? Gah, HOLiC has more questions than Tsubasa and I've not been able to make any sense of that recently.
 

ImotoChan

Proofreader
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
266
Reaction score
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

Please don't let him disappear! I'm really getting confused by all this now though, why could the others see him and why does he keep falling asleep? Gah, HOLiC has more questions than Tsubasa and I've not been able to make any sense of that recently.
I hear you! And there aren't that many who come here to theorise or leave any comments/opinions [I was so happy that you did!! :')] which leaves those who do read HOLiC kind of just hanging there, holding on to what they hope will happen in HOLiC [I'm talking about Watanuki-kun! Don't let him go CLAMP!].. I'm currently reorganising my HOLiC chapter file in my computer, so I'm going to reread a few parts [possibly the whole thing] to come up with any theories.. I'll do my best!

*I realise there are chapters missing in my file -- where did those go?? O_o*
 

chison

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Where to get xxxHOLIC?

may i ask is there Vol2-10 "holics raw" (japanese)

thanks in advance



Moderator Notice:
10 months too late, sorry about that, but here you go: http://mangahelpers.com/manga/details/xxxholic/raws/ (should probably ask for permission before used for Edited Mangas).~ ibra87
 
Last edited by a moderator:

chison

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic Volume Cover Thread

^^
just an idea
can i ask you kindness to add the english verson as well ,to make this topic more complete

thanks
 

TsubasaCrazy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

Is what Watanuki is in right now a dream? Cause awhile (ch 145) back he was in the dream with yuko(butterfiles wings) and he wakes up and then he is in normal setting but the yuko with butterfly wings is still there and he said that "even if this is a dream... This is my life, and it means a lot to me.. and i believe in her. Yuko-san said if i wish hard enough it can become reality.

so from ch 139 til now 149 has it really been a dream? which resembles reality and then makes him think he is waking up and having days but him just sleeping from kohane's mom attack. Or is it thathe days are normal/real l but he just keeps on going to sleep in that same room to confuse us.

From what i understand from re-reading the chapters that he now knows that his reality has somehow become a dream or reality had intertwined with the dream. the futures yuko been talking about could be that his is reality/dream will be real. i think it was real before til FWR missed up the balance of the worlds and since we all don't know the whole truth with Watanuki either so its hard to tell. cause he could have be like R!Syaoran he know all the facts of FWR plan and prob knew that was going to happen to him or with some extent cause he give his memories to Yuko for the price for Syaoran, Fai, and Kurogane to get info on sakura/ go to clow country .

Maybe Watanuki wanted to stop FWR too? anything is posssible with clamp since Yuko said in Tsubasa ch 181 to r.Syaoran : for the sake of the same wish you have.
http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Reservoir_Chronicles/181/04/

guess what Yuko in that ch is wearing the butterfly wings is she talking to the gang from a dream?


This is to complicated Reality is geting mixed around and how can we tell if anything we been reading is based on them in the dream or reality? Since the characters in tsubasa have been clones this entire time anything is possible. Clamp has messed with time and space in a big way with these two stories.

I can't wait to learn some more!
 
Last edited:

Kailen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

I'm so confused, idon't really know anything anymore ^^; i hope Watanuki makes Kohane say the truth, and make her mother stop caring so much about the money.
About the rest... who IS Watanuki, after all? WHy is his "existance so rare"? I can only make questions, i don't even have any supositions, as of now... i feel i don't know enough to guess. The best is to read Holic and Tsubasa at the same time now.
 

Lycoris

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

Reading Tsubasa at the same time certainly helps with a few questions, which makes me glad I continued reading (because I'm way too confused anyway).

ImotoChan and everyone else, thank goodness there are some people who love HOLiC and theorize with. I'm not sure what to think about whether he's dreaming or not, it's certainly possible but when he's been dreaming before, Domeki and Himawari haven't been there before (I think) so I don't think it's a dream right now.

I want to re-read this but I want to buy it to do so and nowhere stocks it anymore here T_T.
 

Tanapanian

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

Is what Watanuki is in right now a dream? Cause awhile (ch 145) back he was in the dream with yuko(butterfiles wings) and he wakes up and then he is in normal setting but the yuko with butterfly wings is still there and he said that "even if this is a dream... This is my life, and it means a lot to me.. and i believe in her. Yuko-san said if i wish hard enough it can become reality.

so from ch 139 til now 149 has it really been a dream? which resembles reality and then makes him think he is waking up and having days but him just sleeping from kohane's mom attack. Or is it thathe days are normal/real l but he just keeps on going to sleep in that same room to confuse us.

From what i understand from re-reading the chapters that he now knows that his reality has somehow become a dream or reality had intertwined with the dream. the futures yuko been talking about could be that his is reality/dream will be real. i think it was real before til FWR missed up the balance of the worlds and since we all don't know the whole truth with Watanuki either so its hard to tell. cause he could have be like R!Syaoran he know all the facts of FWR plan and prob knew that was going to happen to him or with some extent cause he give his memories to Yuko for the price for Syaoran, Fai, and Kurogane to get info on sakura/ go to clow country .

Maybe Watanuki wanted to stop FWR too? anything is posssible with clamp since Yuko said in Tsubasa ch 181 to r.Syaoran : for the sake of the same wish you have.
http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Reservoir_Chronicles/181/04/

guess what Yuko in that ch is wearing the butterfly wings is she talking to the gang from a dream?


This is to complicated Reality is geting mixed around and how can we tell if anything we been reading is based on them in the dream or reality? Since the characters in tsubasa have been clones this entire time anything is possible. Clamp has messed with time and space in a big way with these two stories.

I can't wait to learn some more!
then again is the real world someone else's dream. i view holic as a sort of guidline for occult theory. i mean it really can count as a resource. and a classic thought process is "dreams becoming reality" as such if one wills it and no one chalanges the thought in any way then it "could" happen. i love holic. every time del ray puts out a book i buy it. it's the only series i really do that with. i believe that watanuki is the forgotten decendent of clow and thusly almost disappeared but he is also probably going to wind up finding one of sakura's feathers. watanuki is not a dream. the reason the reseptionist may not see him is because he could just will it to be so or is could be fate that he gets to konohane-chan in time. as fate is the receptionist can't see him it can happen right?
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
xxxHolic Anime Thread

Here's the anime thread for xxxHolic, come here to discuss about it.

News about the new xxxHolic season from chibiyuuto:

The second news is about the XXXHOLiC anime, the new season will start also on April and its formal title was announced: XXXHOLiC◆継 (something around the lines of "XXXHOLiC Sucession/Continuation").




I'll be posting links to RAWs and subs here.

Episode 1:

RAW: Here
Subs: Shinsen Subs

Episode 2:

RAW: Here
Subs: Shinsen Subs

Episode 3:

RAW: Here
Subs: Mishicorp

Episode 4:

RAW: Here
Subs: NX

Episode 5:

RAW: Here
Subs: Shinsen Subs

Episode 6:

RAW: Here
Subs:

Episode 7:

RAW: Here
Subs:
 
Last edited:

ImotoChan

Proofreader
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
266
Reaction score
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

Reading Tsubasa at the same time certainly helps with a few questions, which makes me glad I continued reading (because I'm way too confused anyway).

ImotoChan and everyone else, thank goodness there are some people who love HOLiC and theorize with. I'm not sure what to think about whether he's dreaming or not, it's certainly possible but when he's been dreaming before, Domeki and Himawari haven't been there before (I think) so I don't think it's a dream right now.

I want to re-read this but I want to buy it to do so and nowhere stocks it anymore here T_T.
TRC and HOLiC are best read together, I believe. Questions get answered and we get a better understanding of both series. Although it always gets confusing, CLAMP always manages to bring us to a final point, where everything meets and ends.

It's no problem, Lycoris! :amuse I sometimes get frustrated that I can't find people to properly discuss HOLiC chapters, but I try to always leave my opinions, in hopes that someone might comment on it. I'm a bit of a fast reader, especially at reading manga chapters that only gets released once in a while, so I might miss something in the chapter that could very well play a huge role to the plot. Dakara, theorising helps me notice things and understand the whole story better.

As for the dream, I really can't tell anymore. I hope it's not dream, though. He's with Doumeki-kun at the moment, so this should confirm that he is not a sort of spirit. Doumeki-kun originally can't see ghosts, but after sharing his eyesight with Watanuki-kun, he's able to. But I'm under the impression that Doumeki-kun would tell Watanuki-kun if he were to only be able to see Watanuki-kun through his shared eye. Since he hasn't, I'm assuming Watanuki-kun exists physically at the moment.

What I'm afraid of is the future. What would happen to Watanuki-kun? Is he slowly fading? Almost everyone is telling him not to disappear; is it really something he can control? Watanuki-kun asked Doumeki-kun to enquire about Kohane-chan while at the TV station because he was afraid the reception lady couldn't see him. I was so scared when he said that! This made me think that he may have a vague idea as to what he really is.

Was anyone able to guess that Watanuki-kun paid the price for the TRC gang to know where FWR is? Were there any hints throughout the chapters thusfar? I still haven't managed to sort out my HOLiC file (I got confused with the chapter numbers and I couldn't tell which chapters are missing from my file) but that's almost settled! Will get back as soon as I can with any new theories.

New chapter should be released in Japan this week. Hope you guys'll have a look at it and continue the HOLiC discussion!

Thanks for reading. :D

EDIT: If you'd like, you can go to MangaTraders to download older chapters, just to re-read while you wait for the stocks to arrive at your store.
 
Last edited:

Lycoris

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 149 Discussion/150 Prediction Thread

I think over here it's being rereleased alongside Tsubasa, as far as I can tell a different company is releasing it now. It's making it that much harder to get ahold of both Tsubasa and Holic.

Theorising certainly helps when I read through stuff really fast and reading forums helps me remember those little details that the manga-ka usually links in later on. (Eg. I read over 100 Naruto chapters yesterday, I wouldn't remember anything if I didn't talk to people about it).
However, the dream and reality discussion is just so hard to wrap my head around that I don't think I'll understand it properly until Holic is over.

I'm certainly afraid of what's going to happen to Watanuki. I don't think he'll disappear though; if he's that close to Syoaran, would it be possible for him to disappear and not greatly affect the plot of Tsubasa as well?
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
xxxHolic 150 Discussion/151 Prediction Thread

The latest chapter is HERE!!!

Get it now while it's still hot and come back here after you guys are done reading it :o
Come and discuss it with us :)
 

TsubasaCrazy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 150 Discussion/151 Prediction Thread

Wonder whats going to happen now?? After she said that... will they think she was focused to say the wrong answers the whole time?? That lady just throw her and no one did anything wtf. they were just laughing. this chapter was soo short. can't wait for the next one.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 150 Discussion/151 Prediction Thread

Yeah.. I think the mother's going to get all the blame (she deserves it in a way, kinda) and perhaps some will try to hurt Kohane? If that's the case I'm sure Watanuki will come to hurt her and by doing so get hurt himself and go dreaming (or is it fading away?) again.

About the recent chapters' length, I agree <.< They're too short. But since it's in a different magazine (seinen) than TRC (shonen) it probably can't be helped.
 

Lycoris

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 150 Discussion/151 Prediction Thread

Heh, I was glad Kohane said that at the end of the chapter, now the mother is in real trouble. It serves her right after everything she put Kohane through. Certainly I wonder if Watanuki will end up on TV in the next chapter...
 
Top