Discussion Your Favorite FOOD? Etc.

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Gold Knight said:
I like cheese too but I far prefer pepporini pizza to cheese pizza - without the pepporini I just don't like it as much - I don't know if that's weird or not.

I also enjoy the bread crust of some pizza.  I've noticed that some people don't finish their pizza slices, but I love to eat it WHOLE if it's good bread.  That's some of the reason I enjoy Pizza Hut more than others, though Papa John's is good as well.

gah! I LOVE pizza hut!! my favorite part is the crust...well...next to the cheese...XD I like stuffed pizza...and chicago style...mmmm...pizza...*drool*
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
On the subject of bread. I love pizza so much, but I might have to give it up for a while. Nooooooo! :box God, I love bread. But I have always been kind of sensitive. And as of late, the doctors think I may have celiac disease, or gluten sensitivity, which is the flattening of the villi in the intestine. Sucks majorly. A duodenal biopsy will tell. And then....I will be banned from regular lovely bread forever! :faint At least I made my first successful bread loaf today. It wasn't all crumbly because I used xanthum gum. :whoo
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Kusachu said:
XD yeah, i used to say that my favorite food was pizza...but then i realized that it wasn't really the pizza, it was the cheese ON the pizza. I eat waaaaaaay to much cheese than can be healthy!! XP i had colby jack and crackers earlier XD Cheese on toast with garlic sprinkle is a little piece of heaven! XD i need to stop talking about cheese before i get hungry again...
Weee I love cheese too. That and bread or rice. :amuse

I always have to watch how much cheese and bread that I eat though, else I would end up wider than I am tall. And that would be scary. :s

In general though I like a good tasty turkey sammich or maybe just plain pasta (w/out meat). I can be really picky at times so my choices are rather limited. ^_^;
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Tanuki-dono said:
On the subject of bread. I love pizza so much, but I might have to give it up for a while. Nooooooo! :box God, I love bread. But I have always been kind of sensitive. And as of late, the doctors think I may have celiac disease, or gluten sensitivity, which is the flattening of the villi in the intestine. Sucks majorly. A duodenal biopsy will tell. And then....I will be banned from regular lovely bread forever! :faint At least I made my first successful bread loaf today. It wasn't all crumbly because I used xanthum gum. :whoo
Damn, is there no end to your problems with food, Erin? =/

Tamerlane said:
I always have to watch how much cheese and bread that I eat though, else I would end up wider than I am tall. And that would be scary. :s
How tall are you? XD

And I like turkey too :amuse
 

asmo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ramen is one of my favourite foods :D
Not the cup-stuff, though the instant stuff tastes quite good as well. There's a Korean brand cup-ramen (with kimchi-flavour) that is hotter than hell :D
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Gold Knight said:
How tall are you? XD

And I like turkey too :amuse
I stand at a grand total of 5'0.
So therefore if I were to be as fat as I was tall it would be quite alarming. I imgaine that I would look similiar to a beach ball. Thank goodness I am no where near that though! I really try to watch what I eat and keep myself nice and trim. I even try to be a good girl and run on the elliptical daily. :amuse

Yup turkey is some good stuff. In fact besides chicken it is the only meat that I will eat. I actually I spent a few years a while back completly vegetarian. :s

::ponders::

I also like coconut a lot! And pies > cakes anyday.

=D
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Awww, no Tamerlaneball games anytime soon? :darn

Hmm, I prefer cakes over pies, it's strange, but I have never really liked any pie that I've ever eaten.

Asmo, never tried ramen... and I actually never heard of it before I started reading Naruto XD
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Gold Knight said:
Awww, no Tamerlaneball games anytime soon? :darn
Ack! No!

No kicking me around even if I got that huge....I bruise easily. o_o

.....

I suddenly had this image of the girl from Charlie and the Chocolate factory that turned into a huge round blueberry and kind of bounced away. :darn

...............

So who here likes blueberries?

:amuse

Gold Knight said:
Hmm, I prefer cakes over pies, it's strange, but I have never really liked any pie that I've ever eaten.
::gasps::

You have never eaten one pie at all you liked? Not even apple? It is so...yummy. In fact it is kind of a tradition in my family to make homemade pies, crust from scratch and the whole nine yards. If my Mom were to ever catch me using a pie crust that was store bought it would be considered almost sacrilegious. o_o

And to bring this topic all together

Blueberry Pie = tasty!

=D
 

rodnylee

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
i must say... dumplings or miso soup is pretty good, and iron chef china or japan were pretty kikin back in a day
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Tamerlane said:
You have never eaten one pie at all you liked? Not even apple? It is so...yummy. In fact it is kind of a tradition in my family to make homemade pies, crust from scratch and the whole nine yards. If my Mom were to ever catch me using a pie crust that was store bought it would be considered almost sacrilegious. o_o

And to bring this topic all together

Blueberry Pie = tasty!

=D
Blueberries don't go well with me at all. =/

And just don't care for apple & pumpkin.

Just the way it is with me, I guess.
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
We all have our likes and dislikes. I know that I can not stand to eat fish but I am sure that a lot of people here love it. :amuse

asmo said:
Ramen is one of my favourite foods :D
Not the cup-stuff, though the instant stuff tastes quite good as well. There's a Korean brand cup-ramen (with kimchi-flavour) that is hotter than hell  :D
Ramen is pretty good. I actually was able to try some of the actual instant ramen from Japan but I do not think that I have any of it that is really hot.
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Tamerlane said:
So who here likes blueberries?
I like them. I hope I'm thinking of the right kind. Are the blueberries we're talking about, small berries, but coloring your tongue when you eat them. If yes, then I like them quite a lot. In summer, if I'm not too lazy, I love to go to the forest and eat them in quantities you could never imagine.

Speaking of dislikes, I don't like cabbage, especially fried. In fact, I don't like anythink similar to it, except cucumbers (they're good in salad).
 

asmo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I like blueberries in muffins :D
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Tamerlane said:
We all have our likes and dislikes. I know that I can not stand to eat fish but I am sure that a lot of people here love it. :amuse
I can't stand fish either. XD

Predator_U said:
Speaking of dislikes, I don't like cabbage, especially fried. In fact, I don't like anythink similar to it, except cucumbers (they're good in salad).
I like cabbage though, and lettuce, and... I do like salads pretty much. I like Ranch for salad dressing. ( I'm just rambling now, don't mind me... XD )
 

ashida_kim

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
I love hamburgers!!!

from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hamburgers

Word History:

Because the world has eaten countless hamburgers, the origins of the name may be of interest to many. By the middle of the 19th century people in the port city of Hamburg, Germany, enjoyed a form of pounded beef called Hamburg steak. The large numbers of Germans who migrated to North America during this time probably brought the dish and its name along with them. The entrée may have appeared on an American menu as early as 1836, although the first recorded use of Hamburg steak is not found until 1884. The variant form hamburger steak, using the German adjective Hamburger meaning \\\"from Hamburg,\\\" first appears in a Walla Walla, Washington, newspaper in 1889. By 1902 we find the first description of a Hamburg steak close to our conception of the hamburger, namely a recipe calling for ground beef mixed with onion and pepper. By then the hamburger was on its way, to be followedmuch laterby the shortened form burger, used in forming cheeseburger and the names of other variations on the basic burger, as well as on its own.
 

asmo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A little update for those who plan to visit Germany for the Soccer World Championship.
Germany's most popular online news portal has put to together a little "Germany Survival Guide" for Soccer-fans around the globe.
This time: German fast-food :p

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,408475,00.html

Take my advice advice and skip the sausages. Instead go straight for the Schnitzel-stuff, especially if you're in Southern Germany :nuts
 

Arsonist

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
PIZZA! It's food for gods! (Ask boffenjl)
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
dude, dont go telling people about my eating habits. xD

its actually on second place:
1. My mothers cod with potatoes and eggsauce. (she's a cook!)
2. pizza! (i live 10 meters from 2 pizza places and im lazy)
3. macaronies and meatballs. (the only thing i can make and it tastes good)
4. Swedish pancakes (carry the recipe in my wallet.. why? iono)
5. burgers (bought from Lidl)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
2. pizza! (i live 10 meters from 2 pizza places and im lazy)
Gah, talk about temptation XD
 

Arsonist

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Me and boffen live in the same town and i'm not kidding when I say that we have like 12 pizza places here so...it's not a matter of pizza or no pizza but where to buy it :grin
 
Top