Match - Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

Yukimura Vs Atobe?

• Yukimura

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • Atobe

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm not sure that Sanada and Ryoma have high mentality. Sanada's stubbornness in his match with both Ryoma and Tezuka shows that he lets emotion get in the way of what needs to be done. As for Ryoma, he was stubborn from episode 1. I would say both of them have a weak mental game in their own way.

As for the Irie discussion, I don't see why there is an issue. Irie was "acting" the entire time with Atobe. His anger was also an act. Konomi stapled this theory as fact when he showed us what a serious Irie looks like (Akiba). That Irie was not shown a single time against Atobe. The fact of the matter is, whether we like it or not, (non-serious) Irie let Atobe win.
Are you saying they have weak ones is what I asked. Ryoma definetely didnt. To play a tie-break with Atobe into 119-117 or something definetely suggests a good mental.
And the point you made I told to Ken. He just doesnt want to acknowledge it.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Your point would have make sense to me if I consider Irie and Serious Irie the same. I didn't

And my point is that it DOESN"T matter if Irie was in his full 100% serious with Atobe. BECAUSE Atobe got injured. And from what we've seen, his non-100% serious self got dominated by Atobe with Atobe Kingdom who is not injured. It is only when Atobe get injured that the non-100% serious Irie started getting points.

And for the reason for why that is, look at my seemingly "useless" equation. I'm not explaining that again.
It DOES matter since Atobe is struggling here and to our knowledge he is uninjured, against No.s 9 and 10 who havent shown to be able to compete with Irie yet.
Let's face it, Ochi and Mouri are owning here and Mouri doesnt even look menacing.
So we do know uninjured Atobe going all-out.
We know Irie going all out. He absolutely destroyed someone and left them in a medical attention state.

With Atobe, Irie was not like that.

We dont need your Math for PoT bro. Your no genius so relax. Everybody is High School age or above so of course Middle School maths doesnt doesnt need to be taught or explained.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
You're putting down no 9 and 10 when they had only 1 match against two of the strongest MS. There's no telling if Irie would have been own the same way or not. It doesn't matter.

Here's what happen, from what I've seen.

In your mind
-Atobe aren't that strong.
-no 9 and 10 are winning against Atobe, so they could be strong. But They still aren't strong compare to Irie.

I don't get it. It's because you're already putting down Atobe that no 9 and 10 doesn't look strong. If you view Atobe like he's strong. Then you will view no 9 and 10 as cannidates who is possibly stronger than Irie.

This isn't fact of manga. It's you setting opinion onto the manga and then draw that as a fact.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
And my point is that it DOESN"T matter if Irie was in his full 100% serious with Atobe. BECAUSE Atobe got injured.
What are you talking about? Atobe was injured BEFORE he even got Atobe Kingdom. That is hardly an excuse. He was playing absolutely fine even with his injury, so it was not a handicap. That injury was no "Tezuka-elbow" by any means.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
What are you talking about? Atobe was injured BEFORE he even got Atobe Kingdom. That is hardly an excuse. He was playing absolutely fine even with his injury, so it was not a handicap. That injury was no "Tezuka-elbow" by any means.
No, Fayte. He wasn't.

Atobe Kingdom Learn
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c043/14.html

Fall
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c044/2.html
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c045/

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
A fall isn't shown. That's not a fall. That's just a collapse from being owned. Look at the page before that

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c043/2.html

A fall that we've seen is after Atobe Kingdom is learn.
I usually call it falling when someone is running one minute, and then mid-sentence is suddenly face down on the ground the next. A collapse is still a fall. Granted, there was emphasis on the feet after AK which would suggest that is when the injury occurs. Either way, Atobe was still the same after both falls.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I usually call it falling when someone is running one minute, and then mid-sentence is suddenly face down on the ground the next. A collapse is still a fall. Granted, there was emphasis on the feet after AK which would suggest that is when the injury occurs. Either way, Atobe was still the same after both falls.
He's the same? No, before the fall that injured his leg, Atobe who gained Atobe Kingdom is heavily suggest to get 4 straight point from Irie. That's what I would call dominated, if anything.

After the fall, Irie manage to manipulate him by dragging him around the field and make the match into epic tie breaker. From that, I would draw that Atobe > Irie. However, you mention "serious" Irie, so I was wrong on Atobe simply > Irie.

That's why I look into it and put it into equation that can be seen on the last page. So it's only that Atobe> "Normal" Irie, and statement that Serious Irie>Atobe or Atobe> Serious Irie cannot be drawn from the manga by using the information we currently have.

Last edited:

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The serious Irie who faced Akiba wasn't the same as the Irie who faced Aobe.

Irie was holding back the whole time, even in the end he faked an arm injury and let 5th court win. He could have easily won the match if he went all out. Even with AK, Atobe doinated trolling Irie, but we don't know if serious Irie is dominated by AK, probably not, as irie could hit very fast balls to the corners and score winners.

Unless Atobe gets a very very strobg power up, he'll never defeat Irie or Yukimura.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
we don't know if serious Irie is dominated by AK
Point he is trying to make.

Given that both sides have made the same points for a while now, how about we get back to Atobe vs Yukimura.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The serious Irie who faced Akiba wasn't the same as the Irie who faced Aobe.

Irie was holding back the whole time, even in the end he faked an arm injury and let 5th court win. He could have easily won the match if he went all out. Even with AK, Atobe doinated trolling Irie, but we don't know if serious Irie is dominated by AK, probably not, as irie could hit very fast balls to the corners and score winners.

Unless Atobe gets a very very strobg power up, he'll never defeat Irie or Yukimura.
Yeah, I'm done. This is exactly the same point I answer before. Look at that equation. I'm sick of repeating same point way too many time already. We don't know if serious Irie would be dominated by Atobe. But we also don't know if Atobe would be beaten by Irie.

The "probably not" is just assumption. Everyone can hit fast ball and score winner. And anyone can answer fast ball too.

I'm saying Irie>Atobe is assumption. And for me, it will be only opinion until anyone can show me evidence from manga that Irie>Atobe. Because from evidence I've seen so far that people show, it point to

"Serious Irie>Atobe or Atobe> Serious Irie cannot be drawn from the manga by using the information we currently have. "

"I think" is pretty much all assumption and opinion. I can say "I think Horio is actually super Irie that is number 0 1st stringer", but that'll be incredibly stupid. Because I don't use any evidence from manga to support that claim.

---

EDIT: Anyways, we're getting really far off topic. So here's also some food for thoughts,

This is pretty much suggest how high of a techniques Mach is. Even Yukimura isn't confident in returning it, it seem.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v08/c072/2.html

Well, lookie.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v08/c071/13.html

Last edited:

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah, that's weird. Yukimura saying "if you're against that style, then it's impossible to return the ball"

Not sure but I think he's trolling a bit. You're... maybe he refers Atobe? Yukimura won't let Ochi take a game from him, he'll find a way to return Mach. A player who returned practically the strongest techniques in POT like FuuRinKainZanRai isn't suddenly uncapable of returning mach serve.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Nah, it's Ochi. Shiraishi said Ochi's style of tennis, and Yukimura follow with "that style".

I don't think Yukimura is trolling. His face doesn't look like it. He also doesn't have a trolling personality, as far as I remember.

But I don't think this is testament as to how "weak" Yukimura is. It's a testament to how strong the genius ten is.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nah, it's Ochi. Shiraishi said Ochi's style of tennis, and Yukimura follow with "that style".

I don't think Yukimura is trolling. His face doesn't look like it. He also doesn't have a trolling personality, as far as I remember.

But I don't think this is testament as to how "weak" Yukimura is. It's a testament to how strong the genius ten is.
Yes, even the weakest members are giving Atobe and Niou a hard time, I don't want to think what top 4 can do. But I'm sure top MS like Sanada, Yukimura and Echizen would breeze through No.10 to 6.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
based on current skills in the manga and not speculating on evolved potential , the winner... is Yukimura.
theoretically these 2 have unlimited potential. I would probably think atobe woudl evovle, but that
is personal bias, and not what the writer has written.

Atobe kingdom is good, but atobe cant counter hallucinatory yips. he might be able to play unconsciously, thus blocking out the psychological affects of yips, meaning his body and mind would control his actions, but it may not be enough to beat yuki's skills and that again is speculation and bias.
I agree with other posters that favor Yukimura. Someone said his stats are better too. I'm not a yukimura fanboy either lol.

And why the HIDDEN POLL! wow when will the results be released?

Brandnewkid

Reaction score
Country
United States

Unless we see the actual Japanese raws, we have no clue what this actually meant. Even the guys who scanned the Chinese Edited Mangas into English were confused by what he meant in reference to his "style."

I was curious as to what was originally said in the Japanese edition, as it seemed like a pretty weird thing to say. Ochi doesn't have a particular style of tennis; he just has a serve as fast as lightning.

And, for the record: Yukimura would murk Atobe. Look how Atobe's flailing around the bottom of the G10.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Unless we see the actual Japanese raws, we have no clue what this actually meant. Even the guys who scanned the Chinese Edited Mangas into English were confused by what he meant in reference to his "style."

I was curious as to what was originally said in the Japanese edition, as it seemed like a pretty weird thing to say. Ochi doesn't have a particular style of tennis; he just has a serve as fast as lightning.

And, for the record: Yukimura would murk Atobe. Look how Atobe's flailing around the bottom of the G10.
6-0 and Atobe gets stomped. And yes, having problems against the weakest members of G10 while Yukimura would crush them.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Actually, Yukimura made that kinda statement at the Nationals. He says only he has the capabilities of beating Sanada.
But Echizen does it minutes after. I know Ryoma is the plot-power exception but I wouldnt even bet on what Konomi makes his characters say.
Kaoz and I had a discussion of how Konomi makes his characters say stuff that are different to what the storyline suggests.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Also, Atobe cant even CONFIDENTLY return Mach Serve. He didnt actually ''counter'' it, since Mach Serve is so amazing that it still gets past Atobe.
So he didnt break Mach Serve, he just returns it every now and then.

Im only suggesting Yuki can return it since Konomi gave Yukimura the hack final-boss ability to return ALL special shots. He didnt realize he was gonna continue PoT so Yuki was left with a hack-ability like that.

Brandnewkid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, Konomi has his characters say things and then contradict those quotes all the time.

Everyone: "They'll never be able to return the ball from that serve."

Atobe: *Returns the ball*

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Atobe is great, he's a king, but Yuki is a Demi-God, almost unbeatable. It would be an etertaining match, Atobe would give a fight, but we all know how it's gonna end.