Discussion - Zoro and Sanji | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Zoro and Sanji

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
But is that confirmed in the manga itself or theorized beyond all doubt? I mean, Zoro could have pushed his strength past his limits to deal that sort of damage

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
But is that confirmed in the manga itself or theorized beyond all doubt? I mean, Zoro could have pushed his strength past his limits to deal that sort of damage
All I know is that he used "Breath of all things" to damage Daz... we later learned "Breath of All things" is haki.

So its confirmed
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Zoro needed haki to cut through Daz Bones: whereas Luffy without haki is strong enough to break through steel without haki as shown against Don Krieg and breaking Arlong's sword and many other instances of Luffy busting through steel

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
All I know is that he used "Breath of all things" to damage Daz... we later learned "Breath of All things" is haki.

So its confirmed
this feels like we're going in circles, so unless there's no way to counter that, it shouldn't be taken as a fact but a theory.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
this feels like we're going in circles, so unless there's no way to counter that, it shouldn't be taken as a fact but a theory.
I'm so confused lol it's not a theory. It was stated in the manga. What are you missing?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm fairly certain it can be taken as fact given the explanation Zoro's master gave matches the one Hyogoro gave Luffy.

Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm so confused lol it's not a theory. It was stated in the manga. What are you missing?
was it? I don't remember that, hence why I keep asking for proof.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
was it? I don't remember that, hence why I keep asking for proof.
I just provided the panels of him using the breath of all things.

I'm just trying to help you understand. I just don't know what you are missing. What further proof do you need and I will get you the panels. I didnt think I had to get more.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Manga confirmation but I guess it's one of those retcon things, as someone else pointed out.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Manga confirmation but I guess it's one of those retcon things, as someone else pointed out.
Like the entirity of haki?

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Like the entirity of haki?
Breath of All Things was very likely an early concept of haki and once the concept of Haki was developed it was easy for Oda to go back and say... "see the ways we hinted at haki?"

The concepts and ground work has been laid out for 20 years. It's a testament to Oda's genius.

Deleted member 169696

How could Luffy break steel with his rubber fingers back then makes no sense to me. It's just so weird. It was such a major power up for Zoro who uses steel blades which are arguably much harder than fkn rubber.

And then Zoro's swinging his sword cutting whole fkn buildings but can't cut even a small piece of steel? Oh right it requires magic I forgot.

Fk anime/manga logic really.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
How could Luffy break steel with his rubber fingers back then makes no sense to me. It's just so weird. It was such a major power up for Zoro who uses steel blades which are arguably much harder than fkn rubber.

And then Zoro's swinging his sword cutting whole fkn buildings but can't cut even a small piece of steel? Oh right it requires magic I forgot.

Fk anime/manga logic really.

Breaking swords wasnt a problem for Zoro or Luffy. But we are talking about a human with the density of iron/steel, thats entirly different.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States

Breaking swords wasnt a problem for Zoro or Luffy. But we are talking about a human with the density of iron/steel, thats entirly different.
Zoro's higher quality blades broke through hatchans weaker quality blades.

Daz bones steel quality was higher than Zoro's. Hence he couldn't cut Daz until he used BOAT

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Zoro's higher quality blades broke through hatchans weaker quality blades.
He had no name swords from yosaku and johnny... hatchan had 100kg swords.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
He had no name swords from yosaku and johnny... hatchan had 100kg swords.
Weight doesnt equal quality.

Zoro's Wado alone is probably greater quality than all of hatchans swords combined.

Deleted member 169696

Probably off topic already but yeah should have remembered that! Somehow I thought Zoro never had that feat until Daz Bones!

Makes more sense now. Thanks.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Weight doesnt equal quality.

Zoro's Wado alone is probably greater quality than all of hatchans swords combined.
Even if that would be the case, its fair to assume that arlongs sword and hatchans had the same smith and materials. So they both broke the same.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even if that would be the case, its fair to assume that arlongs sword and hatchans had the same smith and materials. So they both broke the same.
That being said, breaking a sword with your hand is not the same as breaking lesser quality swords with a better quality sword

Edit: Arlong did have a named blade... it was called Kiribachi

Last edited:

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Is there confirmation that Yosaku and Johnny swords are better quality than Hatchan's swords?
As pointed out, shattering thin steel and doing something to Mr1 are two different things.

Breath of all things - it was two abilities, CoO and CoA.
Hearing something more than just the presence, a heartbeat in all things clearly falls under CoO and is independent from cutting steel.
Hitting the tree leaves and not cutting them is external haki flow coating the sword which is CoA.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
This is now off topic. Take it to the Haki thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.