Discussion - Zoro Discussion Thread | Page 88 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Zoro Discussion Thread

Is It a Requirement for Zoro to have Conqueror's Haki?

• Total voters

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I still remember so much in early Wano people were going 'Zoro X Kiku' or 'Zoro has a harem' statements until Oda reveal Okiku was actually man with a woman's heart. Since then many backtracked on the pairing, but I still respect those who stick by it despite the reveal. I mean he does have a thing for 'long swords' now ;).

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I still remember so much in early Wano people were going 'Zoro X Kiku' or 'Zoro has a harem' statements until Oda reveal Okiku was actually man with a woman's heart. Since then many backtracked on the pairing, but I still respect those who stick by it despite the reveal. I mean he does have a thing for 'long swords' now ;).
I don't know if I believe that unless you can show me proof. From what I've seen (of Zoro fans here at least), it's 99% about sword talks, Sanji or haki and any pairing conversations are usually Robin or Tashigi. You're actually one of the few and the most vocal that was shipping Zoro and Hiyori.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I wasn't around here back then, but I didn't know anyone who reads Zoro who supported Zoro x Kiku. Never even noticed the pairing was a possibility until Pirate Queen mentioned it. I personally only saw people (myself including) shiping him with Hiyori.

Why does your last comment feel like an inappropiate attempt to diss Zoro? I hope that it was an innocent, bad joke.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know if I believe that unless you can show me proof. From what I've seen (of Zoro fans here at least), it's 99% about sword talks, Sanji or haki and any pairing conversations are usually Robin or Tashigi. You're actually one of the few and the most vocal that was shipping Zoro and Hiyori.
Check in early comments when Kiku debut or more so when she was with Luffy and Zoro early on as many fans on different website was shipping them or stating Zoro will get harem in different formats. With shippers, it's easily to find any message on that before later reveal on Kiku that made the fanbase backtrack on it for some.

Not so much ship, just stating how Oda's writes Princess role as Oda push Zoro as one to be her protector, but doesn't mean I ship them. I am always Zoro X Tashigi fan given she is truly only woman to get rise out of Zoro must of all given she reminds him of Kuina (Possible theory she could be related or is Kuina I always hear about).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wasn't around here back then, but I didn't know anyone who reads Zoro who supported Zoro x Kiku. Never even noticed the pairing was a possibility until Pirate Queen mentioned it. I personally only saw people (myself including) shiping him with Hiyori.

Why does your last comment feel like an inappropiate attempt to diss Zoro? I hope that it was an innocent, bad joke.
Check different platforms as even here I saw comments those who ship them around before the reveal later.

It's not, it's about how people comment on Okama stuff with Sanji in similar vibe when he isn't into that. I am fine with whoever ship the pairing, so Idk how you took it as 'bad vibe' at all.

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
well duh people backtracked, that's because people thought kiku is a girl.

To be honest, pairing is just a fandom thing. I recall oda doesn't really want to develop any romance plot for SHP

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Check different platforms as even here I saw comments those who ship them around before the reveal later.

It's not, it's about how people comment on Okama stuff with Sanji in similar vibe when he isn't into that. I am fine with whoever ship the pairing, so Idk how you took it as 'bad vibe' at all.
If it wasn't as "bad vibe" then all's cool, I misinterpreted the tone.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States

It was litterally only the chapter she came out that I saw Zoro×Okiku, but as with 99% of topics... it died out rather quickly

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Tashigi pairings I sorta got because she's an enemy marine, she strongly resembles Kuina and an avid swords fan. The Robin one I'm not really sure how that sorta carried on over the years really. They've had but moments, and brief ones at that. I remember when she initially joined the crew Zoro was wary of her and when he stood up for her against Enel but not sure of much else. Those are the 2 moments that stick out really.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The anime does filler ZoRo a bit, iirc it was during Water 7 where ZoRo were kinda coupled as husband/wife/parents.

But that's old news.

We're at ZoHi now.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If Zoro was to end up with anyone, it'd be with a tough, badass person, and so far I can't think of a woman who fits that bill. He wouldn't want to be with someone soft or someone who doesn't challenge him, that'd be boring for him, unless he's into traditional gender role where wives must be demure and cater to their husbands' wishes and the likes.

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
If Zoro was to end up with anyone, it'd be with a tough, badass person, and so far I can't think of a woman who fits that bill.
well ulti was pretty tough :derp

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I honestly don't see zoro as the paired type. Him having an on and off thing or perhaps bailing on a kid would make more sense.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro would find her too annoying though, and probably too Luffy-like in how rude/direct she is. Tashigi does make sense though, once she becomes a legit badass.
I agree as well especially Tashigi is only female to get a true rise out of Zoro given he looks like Kuina, so feel Oda pushing the factor about them being something and plus good forbidden love factor of Pirate and Marine as think of events to work with that to transpire in life lol.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The Robin one I'm not really sure how that sorta carried on over the years really. They've had but moments, and brief ones at that. I remember when she initially joined the crew Zoro was wary of her and when he stood up for her against Enel but not sure of much else. Those are the 2 moments that stick out really.
Me, too. I don't get why people defend Zoro >< Robin pairing so hard despite they have no chemistry whatsoever. All I see from their interactions are just professionalism.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Me, too. I don't get why people defend Zoro >< Robin pairing so hard despite they have no chemistry whatsoever. All I see from their interactions are just professionalism.
It's from back at the beginning of Skypiea. There was that scene that Robin, as a newcomer, trolled the whole crew except Zoro one by one to win their acceptance and then ended up giving a gentle smile to Zoro, who was a bit disturbed by it. Zoro x Robin ship intensified back then and despite there not being any other moment between them for almost 20 years some people haven't moved from there.

I see Hiyori, Tashigi and perhaps Perona as the only actual candidates. Tashigi has seniority but Hiyori looks like the first woman in the series that's somewhat attracted to him, and I like that. So far that had happened only in an OVA.

Last edited: