Best Mangaka | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Mangaka

Who is the Best Mangaka?

• Oda Eiichiro

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • Naoki Urasawa

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • Osamu Tezuka

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Togashi Yoshihiro

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Masashi Kishimoto

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
And the Best Mangaka is...

Eiichiro Oda!
(Information)

:confetti
Congratulations to this great mangaka!
so how did the STARS and the staff vote? Let's take a look :3c

Staff: Naoki Urasawa

STARS:Eiichiro Oda

Welcome to the nomination phase of
Best Mangaka

This thread if for this specific nomination only, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the MH Manga Awards 2011 Discussion Thread.

Nomination InfoPlease remember, that you may nominate only one title for this award. However during the nomination phase, you can always change your nomination. For more information about how the Awards work, please check the opening post of the thread linked above.

"Please note that for categories that were included last year, the winner of last year's award for that specific category can't be nominated this year..

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nomination clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated title with bolded text and color. Example: I nominate <insert title> for <insert category>

Also please explain briefly the reason for your nomination.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for understanding!

The 5 official nominees:

Oda Eiichiro nominated by Shinsatsu, zerocooldx, Gotenkss, Pirulito, Uriel, Metalhead, CBJ, Rowel, raDar, Sakazuki, hao-sama (11)
Naoki Urasawa nominated by zelllogan, k-dom, Arctigor, Phantom Miria, BlackHair (5)
Osamu Tezuka nominated by ick, Googlez_kun, Fomano (3)
Togashi Yoshihiro nominated by crimsonlink310, •Sasuke•, Teubier (3)
Masashi Kishimoto nominated by meeedoooz, jorped (2)

Rest of the old nominations

Yukimura Makoto nominated by Ustegius, You Say (2)
Akira Amano nominated by maxie2478, VongolaSky (2)
高橋 和希 Kazuki Takahashi nominated by Barksrae
Yoshitoshi Abe nominated by hoeru
Takehiko Inoue nominated by MattC302
Matsumoto Taiyounominated by Kaiten
Tadashi Kawashima nominated by Zeltrax
Shirow Masamune nominated by Shrimp
Miura Kentarounominated by benelori
Hideaki Sorachi nominated by BBB Banana
Abe Miyuki nominated by Asclepius
Matsunaga Toyokazu nominated by Josef K.
Tite Kubo nominated by Jaiden82
Isayama Hajime nominated by zeando
Mashima Hiro nominated by stark94
Hideaki Sorachi nominated by whitebeard8

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I nominate 尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichirō as the Best Mangaka.

Oda never fails to impress his fans by maintaining the exact same quality in every single chapter he creates. While other mangakas try so hard to keep up with him, Oda makes it look like he's doing his job so easily. He kept an open goal, and didn't corner himself with complicated events... Oda is a genius in every aspect.

Barksrae

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate 高橋 和希 Kazuki Takahashi for Best Mangaka.

Yu-Gi-Oh! inspired a card game which became the most successful one ON THE PLANET with thousands of different ways to be played, and earns hundreds of thousands of millions every year! Kazuki Takahashi deserves the proper recognition for being the mangaka to create one of the greatest franchises of all time, even if it was an accident.

Last edited:

zerocooldx

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate 尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichiro as the Best Mangaka.

Nuff said.

hoeru

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
I nominate Yoshitoshi ABe as the best Mangaka (for his Ryushika Ryushika short stories)

Each chapter is colored, drawn on his iPad with an app and his finger, and his humor is indeed one of the finest i've ever read.

edit
ABe-sensei is not an unknown one in manga and anime industry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshitoshi_ABe

I just haven't read Haibane Renmei, NieA Under 7 nor Ame no Furu Basho, so I nominate him for the only work I know...

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
We are voting for best mangaka, not for the best shounen or manga. So, any mangaka who is known mainly for one manga won't get my vote.
So, I nominate Naoki Urasawa for Best Mangaka.

Just look at his work:
- 20th century Boys:
- Pluto
- Monster

How many mangaka wrote 3 manga of this quality ?

He has received the Shogakukan Manga Award three times, the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize twice, and the Kodansha Manga Award once.

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I nominate Takehiko Inoue for best mangaka.

Sure, Vagabond has been on hiatus for a while(doesn't change the fact that it's awesome), but he has kept REAL going throughout 2011, which is a masterpiece in both art and story.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Naoki Urasawa is indeed The Storyteller. The king of suspense. The greatest living mangaka. Takehiko Inoue is also there on the top, especailly when it comes to art.

But for the sake of nominating, I'll put up Yukimura Makoto.

Planetes is sci-fi at its best. It handles big questions about life, space and values of a person. It is a very humane story, however it doesn't go to deep or angsty. There is plenty of comedy too, and it is well balanced. Excellent. Vinland Saga is also brilliant. It is a big historical story. And an amazing read. Thrilling, captivating, brutal, funny, thought provoking. You gotta admire Yukimuras abilities. The way he draws, and build the story and handles big and difficult themes. And the background work he must have done to both of his series. In my opinion he is there, raising to the top of mangaka.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I nominate Masashi Kishimoto.
but if I can, I nominate THE HEAVENLY AKIRA TORIYAMA

Last edited:

meeedoooz

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
i nominate Masashi Kishimoto , he took Naruto to a new level in terms of plot, story telling , flashbacks and character development

ick

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I nominate Osamu Tezuka for Best Mangaka.
The contributions he has brought to the manga genre as we know it today are incalculable. My gratitude to this man, this genius, will never be enough. One of the most eclectic minds of Japanese postwar.
Osamu, Thanks : )

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I nominate Matsumoto Taiyou for consistently pushing the boundries of manga art and storytelling for the last 25 years. An early devotee of the la nouvelle movement, Matsumoto sensei's work is a blend of manga and bande dessinée.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate Togashi Yoshihiro as the Best Mangaka. The man made Yu Yu Hakusho and is currently drawing HunterXHunter. I love all his work and how violent most of it. :)

Last edited:

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
As much as I want to nominate Oda, I believe some competition should be in order.
I nominate the deceased Tadashi Kawashima that did Alive-The Final Evolution.
He never gave up fighting cancer and living life fully even after creating a great story like Alive.
You have my thanks.

Reactions: Nii

Gotenkss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I nominate Oda Eiichiro as the Best Mangaka.

Shrimp

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I nominate Shirow Masamune for Best Mangaka. Dude didn't stop at inventing new technological terms for his mangas, he created new kanjis to go with it. And, well, I guess we can say creating such things as Ghost in the Shell makes him one of the most important mangakas ever.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I nominate Miura Kentarou for this category....his manga Berserk is epic and his breaks legendary:hip

Pirulito

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, I can't help to nominate Eichiro Oda

You Say

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
I support Yukimura Makoto for the best mangaka.

Planetes was incredible piece. Something that isn't common between Japanese authors. It was realistic look at future. Still the main point of Planetes wasn't development of technology but the fact that people and their problems will remain same as they're now. That each person eventually has to reconcile with world, that everyone of us have to learn how to live.

Then he wrote Sayonara ga Chikai no de. Story about final days of Okita Souji but unlike other authors he didn't portray Okita as some young guy who bravely fought with his illness. He made him look realistic.

And his current Vinland Saga... I could write an essay about Vinland Saga and that wouldn't be enough. Vinland Saga is my favourite story, my favourite work, my most favourite piece of literature, piece of art. I have always loved historical stories especially that which were set in Middle Ages AND especially Viking Age AND to be utterly exact... I love the period of Vikings attack under the lead of King Sweyn on England and succeeding rule of King Knut the Great. Yukimura Makoto, thank you.

•Sasuke•

Reaction score
Country
Italy
i support Togashi Yoshihiro

Status
Not open for further replies.