Best Mangaka | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Mangaka

Who is the Best Mangaka?

• Oda Eiichiro

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • Naoki Urasawa

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • Osamu Tezuka

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Togashi Yoshihiro

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Masashi Kishimoto

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Since Takehiko is already nominated I nominate Hideaki Sorachi for best mangaka.

The man is a genius making great parodies of japanese society and it's pop culture.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
I support Naoki Urasawa nominated by zelllogan. As he said, despite my love for one piece, best mangaka shall at least have one completed manga to belong to this category. And all Urasawa works are masterpieces

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichirō
(God bless copy pasting)

Consistent, smart to do cliffhangers, smart to leave hints and smart to lead the story. One Piece may be his only good piece (As a best mangaka we can't consider just one work, but oh well) but it was enough to prove him as an excellent author.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I nominate Abe Miyuki for Best Mangaka. I definately enjoy bishounens a lot and she can draw them really great. Plus, i loved the level of details of the enviroment (city, forest, etc) that she used in Super Lovers and Hakkenden. And it gets nice when she breaks the nice art-lines with the gag lines on funny situations.

Teubier

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Reunion
I support Yoshihiro Togashi for Best Mangaka.

With his peppy drawing and his marvelous writing, he shines a dazzling light among shonen manga with Hunter X Hunter, as much as Oda does with One Piece imho.
I worship his Level E.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I nominate Matsunaga Toyokazu, he should be in the running as the best probably unknown mangaka I have ever heard of and since I hope Miura would be nominated and Oda has enough support already.

Jaiden82

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate Tite Kubo for Best Mangaka. Even though this year hasn't been good for Kubo his artwork never disappoints.

Metalhead

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I nominate 尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichiro!

CBJ

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I support 尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichirō .

Arctigor

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I nominate Naoki Urasawa, the creator of the 20th century boys, Monster, Billy Bat...

stark94

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I nominate MASHIMA Hiro for the Best Mangaka

maxie2478

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I nominate Akira Amano for Katekyo Hitman Reborn art and story xP

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
While I love Oda and Urasawa(especially that guy >_<),they have some big pacing problems,so I'll just go with Osamu Tezuka,the God of manga.

VongolaSky

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I nominate Akira Amano for Reborn with her fantastic detailed art and storyline that never leaves you disappointed

Saturnn

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
I nominate Naoki Urasawa for Best Mangaka. he created a lot of masterpieces manga

Rowel

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I nominate 尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichiro!

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
As much as I want to support Urasawa too. I'll go with supporting my all-time favorite Eiichiro Oda. Mainly because he keeps up with his series, seldom will you see a series serialized weekly and has been ongoing for more than a decade that still retains its quality (story and art wise). He's dedicated in giving pleasure to his readers and he loves it (at least that's what most of his intervies suggest). And I presume Odachii still remains humble after all these happening to him. Truly one of the best mangaka of this generation.

Sakazuki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I nominate 尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichirō as the Best Mangaka.

He wrote one manga that is more than tenb years old and still makes sense, and don't loose any of the lines.

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Though i know that there are certainly some Mangaka that deserve more this distinction, i don't really care. Say what you want but i will support Masashi Kishimoto. He has created one of the best Shounen ever IMO, and though it has been more than 10 years since he created Naruto, it still keeps being interesting and though i don't think that Kishi had everything planned like for example Oda much likely had regarding One Piece, it's still a beautiful and really coherent story. I freaking love everything about it. The universe, the characters, the fights. And one thing that Kishi definitely deserves props is the fact that imo he doesn't really drag the story. Most of the chapters end being important to the story itself.

I am the type of people, that likes to end the things that gets obsessed with in the less time possible, though after reading/see * whatever is the case* i get angry with myself for being so fast :p* But when you are hooked on something, you want the story to progress and Kishi actually does that.

There are great manga out there, but how many time did the authors need to draw it? Berserk, Hunter X Hunter .... definitely great manga, but each of them completely fail on making me addicted on them. These kinda of works can only be fully enjoyed if you are reading them when they are already completed.

I still remember when i first saw Naruto. A friend of mine had already talked a bit about it to me, but as most of the people, i only started valuing it when i first watched Naruto. So there was a time where Naruto anime, was airing on TV. After it ... i got really obsessed with it. It was more than 3 years ago, and on that time i didn't even had an idea about what manga or anime were. Even though i am not an anime fan, i prefer manga, there was a time where i watched more than 30 episodes of Naruto in a single day. It was crazy. I caught up with the latest episode out on that time, and then i discovered the manga. After that i have been following Naruto, and even though it had its ups and downs i never was behind for more than 2 chapters, and on times i were it was because i was out on vacations :p

Kishi takes this category for me, for keeping the story interesting, for making believable characters and for the awesome plot, that isn't predictable at all, and that can be seen by the fact that Naruto section is without any doubts one of the sections with more movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.