Round of 16 - Erza vs. Jellal | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Erza vs. Jellal

Who Wins?

• Erza Scarlet

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
POF is a made-up turn by fans there is no such thing. Tell that Mashima he would laugh at you.
He can laugh at me, with pleasure. When I see the fight Erza vs Eileen, I can see the evolution of Erza in the battle : with enhanced habilities with Wendy as support, Eileen toyed with her spells and offensives attacks. At the end, with PoF, with a broken body, she can bypass Deus Sema and hurt Eileen.

PoF is not fan service, it's the Manga's meaning. I can say that it is the true power of Erza and Natsu who exploit it the most in the entire Manga.
What do you think Kyria cut in the heart of Erza to made her a pet ?

You can laugh, no problem. But I think you don't understand Natsu and Erza's characters who are fulled by this.

For your showings, well, Erza was confused by Jellal's attitude. She wasn't focus like in a real battle.
Bind Snake ? Off guard.
Like said previously, Erza always jobbed at the beginning of a fight : Kyria, Lightning Empress Armor, Jellal.

Take Erza as focus as she was vs Laxus, the match should end fast in Erza's favor.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Acnologia could've ripped Jellal apart instantly like he did to God Serena. Acnologia in base could've stomped Jellal like August did. But Hiro didn't feel like doing all that to Jellal and decided to give Jelly feats for a change. There's a bit of plot in it (Jellal vs Acno). Then again Erza pinned Acno with Heavens Wheel later on... good old end of arc feats.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
It proves Jellal can kick Erza's ass.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What jobberlogia is fanfiction. He never jobs when it comes to DS. There is no such thing. He is strong but not strong enough to one-shot Jellal as you think. That's why he turned into a dragon, he was desperate to kill Wendy and go after the rest of the dragons. Acno always job doesn't fly. He was pissed off at Natsu for mentioning his parents and attacked him with anger although it did nothing.
Because Jellal add more fans prooves he can kick Erza's ass ? Nothing else to say....

For Acno, yes, he never jobs when it come to DS.
But killing a little girl as DS doesn't need a high level of his magic. He knows he could kill her just without even try. So I am not amazed about Jellal shield saving Wendy.

Jellal is not a fodder but yes, if really Acno wanted him to die, he clearly could one shot him, just like God Serena who is, at least, as strong as Jellal.

Jellal is not a DS and then Acno played with him. He played as a cat who hunt a mouse, with a fly who tryed to stop him... If he was serious, my god, poor Jellal and Christina :).

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
He can laugh at me, with pleasure. When I see the fight Erza vs Eileen, I can see the evolution of Erza in the battle : with enhanced habilities with Wendy as support, Eileen toyed with her spells and offensives attacks. At the end, with PoF, with a broken body, she can bypass Deus Sema and hurt Eileen.
Mashima doesn't care about POF. When he writes fight he only thinks what's cool. POF is the last thing that comes to his mind. Mashima > readers. POF is a made-up term.

For Acno, yes, he never jobs when it come to DS.
But killing a little girl as DS doesn't need a high level of his magic. He knows he could kill her just without even try. So I am not amazed about Jellal shield saving Wendy.
He sees dragons in the same eye. Girl or Boy. He was gonna kill all the seen of her.

Jellal is not a DS and then Acno played with him. He played as a cat who hunt a mouse, with a fly who tryed to stop him... If he was serious, my god, poor Jellal and Christina :).
What? DS isn't must a to beat a dragon.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
What? DS isn't must a to beat a dragon.
No. Jellal is not a Dragon Slayer so Acno didn't care about him. He played as hunting a mouse (Wendy) with a fly (Jellal) trying to interfere.

POF is a made-up term.
Yes. I prefer Power of Bounds or Power of Feelings. Which are the means of the Manga.
Love is the strongest Magic : this is what is the source of this Power that can break trough the impossible walls.

Have we read the same Manga ?

He sees dragons in the same eye. Girl or Boy. He was gonna kill all the seen of her.
Yeah, and Acnologia used all his might to kill God Serena.

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
No. Jellal is not a Dragon Slayer so he didn't care about him. He played as hunting a mouse (Wendy) wuth a fly (Jellal) trying to interfere.
Jellal is interfering with the DS that he is trying to kill. He doesn't play cat and mouse when it comes to DS.

Yes. I prefer Power of Bounds or Power of Feelings. Which are the means of the Manga.
Love is the strongest Magic : this is what is the source of this Power that can break trough the impossible walls.

Have we read the same Manga ?
Those love things happen outside of fights like Zeref and Mavis. In a battle, Mashima cares about only what's cool. Rest of FT have POF as well.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Jellal is interfering with the DS that he is trying to kill. He doesn't play cat and mouse when it comes to DS.

Those love things happen outside of fights like Zeref and Mavis. In a battle, Mashima cares about only what's cool. Rest of FT have POF as well.
Nothing else to say....

Last edited:

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sure, and generally I assume he's quite powerful. Still hasn't got the feats to win this fight though.
Agreed. We haven’t really seen him go all out or against the grain

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
"Laxus own words"
Laxus- He aint that weak.
Damn, he is not fodder enough to be beaten by fodder like Gears.:doge

Straight up fan made hype. Oh wait they stared at each other in one panel and now they are "rivals" in power. 🤭

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

I opened the Tournament thread and noticed a few people bringing up the point about Jellal's portrayal , so I thought of posting these since we are down to it. This is Jellal's portrayal in 100 YQ arc. Dismissed by Natsu as irrelevant , ignored by Juvia , and Erza doesn't even contemplate or think twice before taking him on. Just goes "Come at me". As for Laxus' statement , he never said Jellal would be a tough opponent for him , he just said it would be bad if they fought there , obviously it would be considering their surroundings and all. So yeah , Jellal is still weak even if you want to go down the portrayal way :yodawg

Either way , there is no universe in which Erza doesn't win this. She literally destroys him whether by portrayal or by feats. He is irrelevant enough to be shafted by Mashima , so he stands no chance

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Two shit characters.

Eliminate both so Mira and Gray can get an automatic bye to the next round :XD
Look I'm obviously joking when I say Jellal wins here, but... Erza would stomp the ever-loving soul out of both of them.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States

I opened the Tournament thread and noticed a few people bringing up the point about Jellal's portrayal , so I thought of posting these since we are down to it. This is Jellal's portrayal in 100 YQ arc. Dismissed by Natsu as irrelevant , ignored by Juvia , and Erza doesn't even contemplate or think twice before taking him on. Just goes "Come at me". As for Laxus' statement , he never said Jellal would be a tough opponent for him , he just said it would be bad if they fought there , obviously it would be considering their surroundings and all. So yeah , Jellal is still weak even if you want to go down the portrayal way :yodawg

Either way , there is no universe in which Erza doesn't win this. She literally destroys him whether by portrayal or by feats. He is irrelevant enough to be shafted by Mashima , so he stands no chance
Laxus never mentioned their surroundings in his statement. He legit just said it would be bad for both them...if Jellal was fodder Laxus would have never said that statement.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Where? He got off more punches to her sword swings. More spells to her spells, left her more damaged. What did she win in? What did she match him in?
Are you serious? Look at the fight, they went blow for blow, he collapsed seconds after her.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Laxus never mentioned their surroundings in his statement. He legit just said it would be bad for both them...if Jellal was fodder Laxus would have never said that statement.
Laxus said it wouldn't be good for either of them if they fought at THAT moment. It literally doesn't mean anything , he could be considering his surroundings since they're in the middle of a city , his guildmates , his mission or his relationship with Jellal as well. Laxus just meant neither of them would gain anything from fighting since the reason for the fight happening is stupid. Saying they're equal based off that statement is a bigger stretch than saying Serena is equal to Gildarts just because Gildarts said Serena would've been a strong mage when he was alive. If you're going that route then might as well say any Spriggan destroys any FT member

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Erza never matched Laxus. Laxus never got KOed with her at the end. All fight was pure showing off of Laxus. He stood and mocked her. Erza tried her all out, used strong attacks, used aoe attack, pulled off new bs power up, and Laxus just laughed at her. Her Blumenblatt also didn't match anything. It was her attack and Laxus blew it away, leaving just a few swords, not like she tried to match something with that attack. And in the end Erza went on the floor on her knees, while Laxus was keep standing. When she got KOed, Laxus had nothing to fight more, so he just rested, this is simple

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Erza never matched Laxus. Laxus never got KOed with her at the end. All fight was pure showing off of Laxus. He stood and mocked her. Erza tried her all out, used strong attacks, used aoe attack, pulled off new bs power up, and Laxus just laughed at her. Her Blumenblatt also didn't match anything. It was her attack and Laxus blew it away, leaving just a few swords, not like she tried to match something with that attack. And in the end Erza went on the floor on her knees, while Laxus was keep standing. When she got KOed, Laxus had nothing to fight more, so he just rested, this is simple
Author mentioned the fight was a double KO in the very next chapter , so this is nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.