Round of 16 - Erza vs. Jellal | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Erza vs. Jellal

Who Wins?

• Erza Scarlet

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexbend

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus said it wouldn't be good for either of them if they fought at THAT moment. It literally doesn't mean anything , he could be considering his surroundings since they're in the middle of a city , his guildmates , his mission or his relationship with Jellal as well. Laxus just meant neither of them would gain anything from fighting since the reason for the fight happening is stupid. Saying they're equal based off that statement is a bigger stretch than saying Serena is equal to Gildarts just because Gildarts said Serena would've been a strong mage when he was alive. If you're going that route then might as well say any Spriggan destroys any FT member
If Jellal was as fodder as you guys say Laxus would have never uttered that statement lmao. They're legit crossing up, the implications of the statement are clear.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
"Tanking" means he didn't get oneshotted and he braced for impact and was still oneshotted. OS never grew since they've been in jail for the last seven years. Where are you getting this interpretation that OS had power increase when the story has already stated they have been imprisoned until the Tartaros arc.
I said Taking, because my point is he was sheltering someone else when he took that cheap shot. An being as literally the entire board has gone over the fact the water and anchor played a large role in that.

You mean why am I not ignoring the FT arc that showcases their wishes and new powers and growth because it’s in the anime, even though they are clearly shown with all the abilities from said arc and no alternative explanation given? Largely because the author seemed to make it clear it’s his canon.

Counter Question: Was that all the rebuttal
you had? I check less if I’m not in a direct debate.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jellal is strong but not comparable to Gildarts.
eh, I would argue his direct comparison to Laxus justifies this statement. Gildarts and Makarov are the only mages Laxus has been blatantly compared too power wise.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Laxus can be Gildarts's level currently. We don't know Gildarts's level but yes, Laxus is crazy strong in all stats.

Still, Jellal is not Laxus. Same way to fight but with far below stats. Their physicals can't be compare in strength and durability. Only speed. But with same speed and techniques, strength and durability are the way of the victory. Jellal can hurt him, Laxus can destroy him or kill him. And I can see Gildarts still >= current Laxus (assumption).

Laxus is no more arrogant so he has respect for Jellal's strength.

Last edited:

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
@Ronin31
You do realize that it's just mostly trolling going on here, right?

That being said, Jellal is underrated by most in this forum. Erza isn't ">>" Jellal, even if she wins it isn't with anything below a high diff

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If Jellal was as fodder as you guys say Laxus would have never uttered that statement lmao. They're legit crossing up, the implications of the statement are clear.
Like I said , that statement is irrelevant and means nothing. Extrapolating those words to them being equal is a bigger stretch than any Spriggan destroying any FT member

Reactions: Jko

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
Like I said , that statement is irrelevant and means nothing. Extrapolating those words to them being equal is a bigger stretch than any Spriggan destroying any FT member
So no proper counter? Okay, either way Jellal still has the better feats, even without statements

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So no proper counter? Okay, either way Jellal still has the better feats, even without statements
I don't need to counter, because that statement literally means nothing. There are 10 possible interpretations of what Laxus meant with that , you ignore the 9 and choose 1. That's not how logic works.

Jellal's feats are outdated ever since the Tartaros arc. He wasn't impressive in Alvarez either , in fact all of his feats point to him being irrelevant to even consider being in the discussion. He got KOed by Neinhart , needed his 2nd strongest move to defeat Neinhart who got KOed by a no named casual punch from Base Natsu. His feats against Acnologia don't amount to anything either , since this was the same version of Acno who couldn't put down Rogue , who is in turn Historia Bloodman tier. His portrayal in 100 YQ is absolute crap as well , evidence being multiple panels which I posted. His feats are lacking. Saying he wins makes no sense whatsoever. Might as well say Makarov is still top tier in the guild then.

Reactions: Jko

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please, go and show these feats. I'll bite on this.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
@Ronin31
You do realize that it's just mostly trolling going on here, right?

That being said, Jellal is underrated by most in this forum. Erza isn't ">>" Jellal, even if she wins it isn't with anything below a high diff
Can be. Still current Erza is above Jellal. Just like Laxus is.

Some clearly overestimate him as well. Still, I see Jellal high wizard level. But I don't see anything new since Alvaress while Erza and Laxus show up great improvement. And for me, Jellal is not Gildarts's level as well. I don't consider him as fodder, just being bypassed by whose three with some mergin.

Last edited:

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't need to counter, because that statement literally means nothing. There are 10 possible interpretations of what Laxus meant with that , you ignore the 9 and choose 1. That's not how logic works.

Jellal's feats are outdated ever since the Tartaros arc. He wasn't impressive in Alvarez either , in fact all of his feats point to him being irrelevant to even consider being in the discussion. He got KOed by Neinhart , needed his 2nd strongest move to defeat Neinhart who got KOed by a no named casual punch from Base Natsu. His feats against Acnologia don't amount to anything either , since this was the same version of Acno who couldn't put down Rogue , who is in turn Historia Bloodman tier. His portrayal in 100 YQ is absolute crap as well , evidence being multiple panels which I posted. His feats are lacking. Saying he wins makes no sense whatsoever. Might as well say Makarov is still top tier in the guild then.
You choosing to ignore clear implications is on you not me.

Got koed by Neinhart because he was saving someone else, basically blindsided . His feats against Acno say it all tbh, and you do realize Acno needed the DS alive and was playing with them? Not even similar situations

As for portrayal, it's pretty clear were jellal is considering Zeref himself considered Jellal one of the people to be able to reach him. Zeref's & Laxus words > FT members, who would have clear bias

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Say what you want but.....

Jellal didn't get hit once against Erza, has a barrier that can block Acnologia's attacks, and bind snake is more proven against current Erza tiers than macro.
Erza has an even better feat than Jellal...pushing dragon Acnologia down with her rain of swords.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
To be honest, I have reread some Jellal's feats and I am still confuse. During GmG, he fought for FairyTail's return and so was enhanced by his feelings (Erza's back from the deads) and could manage a good fight vs Jura. Then, during Eclipse, he could save Erza who was injured and protect her against Baby Dragons.
I can take that as Good Feats.

Then, in Tartaros, he managed to take down the Orascion Seis who were in prison (so their magic was in chronostasis). With his powers shown during the Tournament, he should erase easy these guys : their powers should be around Max who could resist Natsu before Second Origin, this Max who was ridiculously beaten later in a tavern by SO Natsu. The fact is that Jellal had hard time vs 4 of them, was exaust and injured after his victory, using his 2 strongest moves to put a end of the battle.
I can take that as a Bad Feat, shadow of what he was during GmG.

Then, in Arbaless Arc, he served as a shield and was put down by one attack from Neinheart. That show a weak durability.
Bad Feat.

Then, he came back seeing Erza injured by this same Neinheart and enraged to the point he blew up the Spriggans who feared his Power, just like he feared Erza's erasing Historias.
Good Feat.

Later, he was ridiculously blown, with his entire team by August. He did nothing.
Bad Feat.

In the final, in order to save Erza and Wendy, he stopped Acnologia's attack and managed to push him. He demonstrated good defense and offensive powers, even if we know he could nothing against the King. His demonstrative power still make me think, he did better than all Dragons Slayers who faced him after.
Best Feat.

Conclusion, this is what I understand : Jellal is mid level in classic circumstances. He skyrockets his powers when he fight for or in order to protect Erza by very good mergin. Jellal is PoF type character. Erza is his reason to live. If she dies, I think he can suicide himself as he has no more the purpose to stop Zeref. Erza is the origin of his powers and this is why he is far stronger after Erza's back from Tenrô. Like Sting, he discovered the Power of Feelings. This is also why, when under control by Touka, he still want Erza and was ready to fight Laxus in order to protect his reason to live.

Against Erza, he can't use his PoF, like she can't against her love. If we take account both stats in serious normal state, I think Erza is clearly above him (Orascion Seis - Neinheart's Feats). In order to protect Erza vs Laxus, perhaps his PoF skyrockets to the point he could rival Laxus in power. But only in this circumstance (just like against Jura). His lack of durability makes the difference if he takes blows as he is clearly not a tank. Shields can replace for some shots, not eternally.

To be concluded, Jellal is Erza's character's like but with clear below stats.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now I say Ezra wins unless Jellal is shown that he's up there with her and Laxus, which I doubt will happen

Then, in Arbaless Arc, he served as a shield and was put down by one attack from Neinheart. That show a weak durability.
Bad Feat.
Neinheart isn't the only reason why he went down. an anchor chain also fell on top of him and he drowned
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Later, he was ridiculously blown, with his entire team by August. He did nothing.
Bad Feat.
Wasn't that fight mostly off panel. also because of his magic most characters would have lost against August

Last edited:

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
You choosing to ignore clear implications is on you not me.

Got koed by Neinhart because he was saving someone else, basically blindsided . His feats against Acno say it all tbh, and you do realize Acno needed the DS alive and was playing with them? Not even similar situations

As for portrayal, it's pretty clear were jellal is considering Zeref himself considered Jellal one of the people to be able to reach him. Zeref's & Laxus words > FT members, who would have clear bias
There were no implications.

So what ? His durability isn't good enough to tank Neinhart's attack ? He needs his 2nd strongest attack to put down Neinhart , same guy who got KOed casually by Natsu ? Acno needed the DS alive , he didn't need them to be standing up and conscious. He couldn't even put DOWN Rogue. And even ignoring that , he got slammed by Erza in the air while in dragon form. Couldn't catch up to a ship moving at 100 m/s , while parent dragons can travel continents. Got baited into entering the rift between time. So yeah , he was jobbing and feats against Acno mean nothing.

Again, Zeref never said they were on same level , you're extrapolating it again in the name of portrayal. There are other ways to interpret it , he could've simply mentioned Jellal cause he knew he was hunting for him intensively. You choosing to favourably interpret the given statements to your convenience is what makes you wrong. I am not choosing to ignore the implications , show me proof these implications exist in the first place. They don't.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Erza folds Jellal and she is far stronger than him. Her feats are consistent and outlier feats outright better than his. :yodawg

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Can be. Still current Erza is above Jellal. Just like Laxus is.

Some clearly overestimate him as well. Still, I see Jellal high wizard level. But I don't see anything new since Alvaress while Erza and Laxus show up great improvement. And for me, Jellal is not Gildarts's level as well. I don't consider him as fodder, just being bypassed by whose three with some mergin.
We don't know that, the guy has no feats which can be used to scale. He fought against Metro who is ??? in power level.
Jellal has just a single feat in x793 from which we can draw some conclusions - he wasn't even scratched by a roar from Kyria, which one shotted Lucy and Wendy. Apart from that everything else is ?? around him, if you discount portrayal (both past and present), which clearly places him in Laxus tier.
Not sure since when did "lacking scalable feats" translate to being weaker

Yea he's obviously not on Gildarts level. Neither is Laxus or Erza

To be honest, I have reread some Jellal's feats and I am still confuse. During GmG, he fought for FairyTail's return and so was enhanced by his feelings (Erza's back from the deads) and could manage a good fight vs Jura. Then, during Eclipse, he could save Erza who was injured and protect her against Baby Dragons.
I can take that as Good Feats.

Then, in Tartaros, he managed to take down the Orascion Seis who were in prison (so their magic was in chronostasis). With his powers shown during the Tournament, he should erase easy these guys : their powers should be around Max who could resist Natsu before Second Origin, this Max who was ridiculously beaten later in a tavern by SO Natsu. The fact is that Jellal had hard time vs 4 of them, was exaust and injured after his victory, using his 2 strongest moves to put a end of the battle.
I can take that as a Bad Feat, shadow of what he was during GmG.

Bad Feat.

Then, he came back seeing Erza injured by this same Neinheart and enraged to the point he blew up the Spriggans who feared his Power, just like he feared Erza's erasing Historias.
Good Feat.

Bad Feat.

In the final, in order to save Erza and Wendy, he stopped Acnologia's attack and managed to push him. He demonstrated good defense and offensive powers, even if we know he could nothing against the King. His demonstrative power still make me think, he did better than all Dragons Slayers who faced him after.
Best Feat.

Conclusion, this is what I understand : Jellal is mid level in classic circumstances. He skyrockets his powers when he fight for or in order to protect Erza by very good mergin. Jellal is PoF type character. Erza is his reason to live. If she dies, I think he can suicide himself as he has no more the purpose to stop Zeref. Erza is the origin of his powers and this is why he is far stronger after Erza's back from Tenrô. Like Sting, he discovered the Power of Feelings. This is also why, when under control by Touka, he still want Erza and was ready to fight Laxus in order to protect his reason to live.

Against Erza, he can't use his PoF, like she can't against her love. If we take account both stats in serious normal state, I think Erza is clearly above him (Orascion Seis - Neinheart's Feats). In order to protect Erza vs Laxus, perhaps his PoF skyrockets to the point he could rival Laxus in power. But only in this circumstance (just like against Jura). His lack of durability makes the difference if he takes blows as he is clearly not a tank. Shields can replace for some shots, not eternally.

To be concluded, Jellal is Erza's character's like but with clear below stats.
Ehh, remove "POF" and take al his feats as it is. The guy has shown no capabilities for POF.

He was so fast that Jura wasn't even able to perceive his movements in CQC and got blitzed twice. Finally Jura got a hit on him when he was flying far away, trying to draw grand chariot spell.
i.e, Jura needed him to be far off and moving in patterns to eventually land a blow on him. This is a straight speed feat. And this isn't the first time either, Natsu back in TOH, Natsu also couldn't perceive him. You say Jellal is Erza/Laxus tier in speed, which isn't true. He's far faster.
Jura was Laxus tier in CQC, Jellal was much faster
Natsu could perceive Laxus' and Erza's movements in x784, even though they were obviously faster. He couldn't for Jellal.

OS got a powerup
Zentopia arc is canon. It was mentioned in GMG arc as the reason why celestial spirit mages are near extinct. Cause OS went around offing them.
Angel also showed her new magic in Zentopia arc before it was shown against Jellal. Their new character designs also appeared in Zentopia arc, before appearing in manga. Mashima worked with Zentopia arc. etc
Cobra was above pre Second Origin x791 Erza level. Midnight scales to above Cobra. It made sense that Jellal struggled against them when he was solo
It's not a bad feat at all. You underestimate OS

He didn't go down from damage due to Neinhart's blast.
If that was the case, he wouldn't have got up as good as new once Kagura sucked out water from him. He had no visible damage, and showed no signs of damage from the attack. It's pretty obvious that he went down because he ingested too much water, rather than due to damage.

Obviously he got destroyed by August. August is literally immune to caster magic. There was nothing he or his guild members could've done to August.
It was what happened to Gildarts as well. None of Gildarts' spell had any effect on August. Take away his metal arm, and he does zero damage to August too.
Not a bad feat. It's an expected result

Erza has an even better feat than Jellal...pushing dragon Acnologia down with her rain of swords.
Pushing down mindless Acno is better than pushing human and dragon Acno who can react?

Anyway, both those feats don't really mean much since we know Acno one shots both of them if he really wanted to. Too bad plot armour > Acno

Last edited:

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
We don't know that, the guy has no feats which can be used to scale. He fought against Metro who is ??? in power level.
Jellal has just a single feat in x793 from which we can draw some conclusions - he wasn't even scratched by a roar from Kyria, which one shotted Lucy and Wendy. Apart from that everything else is ?? around him, if you discount portrayal (both past and present), which clearly places him in Laxus tier.
Not sure since when did "lacking scalable feats" translate to being weaker

Yea he's obviously not on Gildarts level. Neither is Laxus or Erza

Ehh, remove "POF" and take al his feats as it is. The guy has shown no capabilities for POF.

He was so fast that Jura wasn't even able to perceive his movements in CQC and got blitzed twice. Finally Jura got a hit on him when he was flying far away, trying to draw grand chariot spell.
i.e, Jura needed him to be far off and moving in patterns to eventually land a blow on him. This is a straight speed feat. And this isn't the first time either, Natsu back in TOH, Natsu also couldn't perceive him. You say Jellal is Erza/Laxus tier in speed, which isn't true. He's far faster.
Jura was Laxus tier in CQC, Jellal was much faster
Natsu could perceive Laxus' and Erza's movements in x784, even though they were obviously faster. He couldn't for Jellal.

OS got a powerup
Zentopia arc is canon. It was mentioned in GMG arc as the reason why celestial spirit mages are near extinct. Cause OS went around offing them.
Angel also showed her new magic in Zentopia arc before it was shown against Jellal. Their new character designs also appeared in Zentopia arc, before appearing in manga. Mashima worked with Zentopia arc. etc
Cobra was above pre Second Origin x791 Erza level. Midnight scales to above Cobra. It made sense that Jellal struggled against them when he was solo

If that was the case, he wouldn't have got up as good as new once Kagura sucked out water from him. He had no visible damage, and showed no signs of damage from the attack. It's pretty obvious that he went down because he ingested too much water, rather than due to damage.

Obviously he got destroyed by August. August is literally immune to caster magic. There was nothing he or his guild members could've done to August.
It was what happened to Gildarts as well. None of Gildarts' spell had any effect on August. Take away his metal arm, and he does zero damage to August too.

Pushing down mindless Acno is better than pushing human and dragon Acno who can react?

Anyway, both those feats don't really mean much since we know Acno one shots both of them if he really wanted to. Too bad plot armour > Acno
You can disagree with my statements. It's fair game. I still don't see how Jellal can beat Erza for now.

You think it's normal he struggled against people a little above Pre Second Origin Erza and you still think he can beat her since she had unlocked it ?
Max was >= Natsu pre Second Origin (without LFD). This Natsu ridiculously defeated Max in the tavern showing that the gap returned at they were before Acno appeared in Tenrô. You can add Macao, Jet, Droy and Wakaba to help Max vs Natsu. He will one shot them while laughing to them.

He was shut down by the blast. Sure he inhaled many water as he fall inside with pressure and stayed lock for some time. But do you think, if he was still conscious, he couldn't get away the anckor and back up to fight the Spriggans ? You underestimates him more than I do.

Yes, for this one, I agree.

Still don't know why people dislike it.
He enraged after seeing Erza badly heart and one shot Neinheart. In the Games, he explicitely said that he was galvanized to fight for Fairy Tail.
He countered Acnologia to save and protect Erza and Wendy and did a good prestation for a while.
Same for Gears : without Ultear he was doom to fail. She returned him at his mind and told him to live for her as he is free now. The OS is the explanation of his feelings for Erza.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
You can disagree with my statements. It's fair game. I still don't see how Jellal can beat Erza for now.
It was about address the ">>" part. Nothing suggests she's a tier or more above Jellal.
Like I said before, if you believe Erza wins, maybe, I can see where you're coming from. I'm just saying she isn't doing so without a close fight even if she wins.

You think it's normal he struggled against people a little above Pre Second Origin Erza and you still think he can beat her since she had unlocked it ?
Max was >= Natsu pre Second Origin (without LFD). This Natsu ridiculously defeated Max in the tavern showing that the gap returned at they were before Acno appeared in Tenrô. You can put Macao, Jet, Droy and Wakaba to help Max vs Natsu. He will one shot them while laughing to them.
He struggled against 4 mages, 2 who were strong enough to mid-high diff pre SO Erza.
Pre SO Erza was above Kagura and Minerva, both of who are above post SO base Natsu, so that isn't some irrelevant power level. Erza was already at a level where she was decently powerful even without the SO boost.

Also, numbers game is a thing.
x792 Erza was defeated by a 3v1 from Ikaruga + Azuma + Kyouka, tho she was individually >> them

x791 Jellal was >= Jura, who was > x791 Erza. So yea, he's above x791 Erza.
Now, don't get hung-up here lol. Point is, x791 Jellal was certainly x791 Laxus tier. If you think Erza was that level in x791, sure go ahead lol, but let's not discuss that here.

He was shut down by the blast. Sure he inhaled many water as he fall inside with pressure and stayed lock for some time. But do you think, if he was still conscious, he couldn't get away the anckor and back up to fight the Spriggans ? You underestimates him more than I do.
I'm just saying he became unconscious because of water he ingested from the force.

Answer this to me in good faith:
If he was really injured by that blast, why didn't he show a single scratch from that, or signs of any injury from that? Why was sucking out water all that was required to get him back to as good as new?

If it really did enough damage to "one shot" him, wouldn't his injuries have shown? Wouldn't he have needed healing rather than sucking out water to be back to full health and continue fighting?

See when Neinhart or Jacob was one shotted because of damage they took. Them being battered and beaten was clearly shown in their demeanor.

Yes, for this one, I agree.
Ok, then it isn't a -ve for Jellal

Put 10 Jellals or 10 Gildarts (without mech arm) against August, and August still wins.

Still don't know why people dislike it.
He enraged after seeing Erza badly heart and one shot Neinheart. In the Games, he explicitely said that he was galvanized to fight for Fairy Tail.
He countered Acnologia to save and protect Erza and Wendy and did a good prestation for a while.
Same for Gears : without Ultear he as doom to fail. She returned him at his mind and told him to live for her as he is free now. The OS is the explanation of his feelings for Erza.
For me, POF is very specific. It isn't about "getting serious", "getting angry" etc. Motivations and feelings can get someone to perform better, even in IRL

It's about doing stuff that's normally impossible. Clear examples of POF IMO:
- Erza overwhelming Kyouka without any sense, while normal Erza <= Kyouka in stats
- Natsu's "savage guild flames" against FH Zeref
- Erza jumping up like 100m into the sky, destroying a meteor and one shotting dragon Eileen with 99% of her bones broken.
- Natsu going DF against Mard without any external powers (this is first time he went DF on his own)
- Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy getting "power from tomorrow" to beat machine-dragon of King Faust in Edolas arc

Related:
- Gray using "Darkness" powers. Not really POF, but rage which is like a counterpart to friendship power
- Mira going SS against Freed for first time in 3 years

I'm not going to use POF as an argument for explaining what all can be explained otherwise. Or else more than 90% fight in FT is POF, since emotions are involved in one way or another.

Also, against Metro, it wasn't POF.
Metro uses negative emotions to freeze somebody in time, or something.
All Ultear did was made him get over his guilt, which he did by pushing it onto Seigrain (which made no sense since Seigrain was controlled by Jellal lol). Asspull? Yeah. POF? No

Last edited:

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
For me, POF is very specific. It isn't about "getting serious", "getting angry" etc. Motivations and feelings can get someone to perform better, even in IRL

It's about doing stuff that's normally impossible. Clear examples of POF IMO:
- Erza overwhelming Kyouka without any sense, while normal Erza <= Kyouka in stats
- Natsu's "savage guild flames" against FH Zeref
- Erza jumping up like 100m into the sky, destroying a meteor and one shotting dragon Eileen with 99% of her bones broken.
- Natsu going DF against Mard without any external powers (this is first time he went DF on his own)
Ok, I see your point. It's clear and I agree with that. So we don't take account emotional power up like adrenaline. Just feats breaking through the impossible.
So yes, Jellal is not like that. I think, only Erza and Natsu are using this type, and Grey when he raged until being no more conscious of what he is doing by rage.

Ok, then it isn't a -ve for Jellal

Put 10 Jellals or 10 Gildarts (without mech arm) against August, and August still wins.
Yes ok.

I'm just saying he became unconscious because of water he ingested from the force.

Answer this to me in good faith:
If he was really injured by that blast, why didn't he show a single scratch from that, or signs of any injury from that? Why was sucking out water all that was required to get him back to as good as new?

If it really did enough damage to "one shot" him, wouldn't his injuries have shown? Wouldn't he have needed healing rather than sucking out water to be back to full health and continue fighting?

See when Neinhart or Jacob was one shotted because of damage they took. Them being battered and beaten was clearly shown in their demeanor.
I understand your point. The force inside the water can be what pushed him unconscious. But the blast could as well. When Kana punched Brandish to KO her, Brandish came back without any injuries. She was still KO. The blast in not necessary burning, or managing to desintegrate. It can be a concussion blast.

Also, numbers game is a thing.
x792 Erza was defeated by a 3v1 from Ikaruga + Azuma + Kyouka, tho she was individually >> them
Agree and good point. The difference between the two situations was that Erza was already greatly injured with his previous Ajeel's fight while Jellal was fresh and 100%.

If you think Erza was that level in x791, sure go ahead lol, but let's not discuss that here.
Yes I won't. It's endless and pointless to discuss Laxus and Erza's improvements since the beginning of the Manga. We will never agree about this :). The point is that currently, Erza and Laxus are relative. Perhaps we can agree about that.

Pre SO Erza was above Kagura and Minerva, both of who are above post SO base Natsu, so that isn't some irrelevant power level. Erza was already at a level where she was decently powerful even without the SO boost.
I agree but that's not my point.
My exemple was relative to the analogy with Natsu and Max. Yes Erza had great level even without SO. But if you considers Jellal > SO Erza, he should have destroyed every members of OS just as easily as Natsu did with Max in the tavern. Not having such troubles against them.

For another exemple, Laxus two shots Tempester while Natsu troubled even with LFD. That shows the gap between these two, where Fire Natsu coud only match Tempester in human form.
If you puts Jellal to Laxus's level in powers and other stats, Jellal should one shot all the OS period, unless you think they improved enough to be tougher than Etherious Tempester, so at least, as strong as SO Natsu ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.