Discussion - Top 10 Doubles Pair (Only pairs that we saw in the tournament so far) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Top 10 Doubles Pair (Only pairs that we saw in the tournament so far)

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Only Doubles Pair we saw in the Tournament so far.

1. Duke/Niou
2. Bertie/Dankmar
3. Albert/Randy ( Literally Undefeated)
4. Tanegashima/Akaya
5.Bismarck/Siegfried
6. Peter/Henri
7. Yukimura/Sanada
8. Mouri/Yanagi
9. Atobe/Fuji
10. Ochi/Oishi

Julio/Silva , Mares/Seda pairs will be graded when they play in the official tournament. Same with Ohmagari/Kintaro and Mouri/Ochi.

Which pairs did I forgot? THAT WE SAW PLAYED IN TOURNAMENT. (not in practice match or camp)

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yukimura/Tokugawa should be top 3 imo, they are stronger possibly than Albert/Randy.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tanegashima/ Akaya were an incredibly strong pair. Bismarck / Siegfried break most doubles pairings and should theoretically negate Howling. Randy / Albert kill people so that's hard to stop.
I'm giving it to Bismarck / Siegfried.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Tanegashima/ Akaya were an incredibly strong pair. Bismarck / Siegfried break most doubles pairings and should theoretically negate Howling. Randy / Albert kill people so that's hard to stop.
I am interested on Bismarck and Siegfried Synchro + Howling.

Basically, they are making their opponent pair non existent to each other.

That results into 2 VS 4 matchup. (in reality it is a separate 1 VS 2)

Question is. Does that negates opponent's howling too?

For ex.

Does Existence Boundary Negate the Double Pro Howling "Satellite Perspective" which allows the pair to share the blind spots of each other?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Randy/Albert looked confident that they can take on Bertie/Dankmar. So maybe they are almost as good. And like Duke, they probably have 1 Hit KO move too.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Yukimura/Tokugawa should be top 3 imo, they are stronger possibly than Albert/Randy.
Possibly. Especially with Sixth Sense.

However, their pairing is not used in the whole tourney

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am interested on Bismarck and Siegfried Synchro + Howling.

Basically, they are making their opponent pair non existent to each other.

That results into 2 VS 4 matchup. (in reality it is a separate 1 VS 2)

Question is. Does that negates opponent's howling too?

For ex.

Does Existence Boundary Negate the Double Pro Howling "Satellite Perspective" which allows the pair to share the blind spots of each other?
It should, how do you synchronize abilities with a partner you don't know is there. It's speculation but it seems logical that it shuts off Howling and Synchro

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Interesting.

I will play devils advocate. And will say that it is likely that Randy and Albert have their own howling. Since they are confident to take on Bertie/Dankmar

However, Yukimura/Tokugawa versatility and creativity might be enough to create a maneuvere to trick the Power Doubles

Last edited:

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Interesting.

I will play devils advocate. And will say that it is likely that Randy and Albert have their own howling. Since they are confident to take on Bertie/Siegfried.

However, Yukimura/Tokugawa versatility and creativity might be enough to create a maneuvere to trick the Power Doubles
Ofc, they are similar to Duke but Toku/Yuki have greater chemistry imo and technique to shut them down.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ofc, they are similar to Duke but Toku/Yuki have greater chemistry imo and technique to shut them down.
Is there any reason to assume Randy/ Albert don't have great chemistry. Not like we see them arguing. Also Mirage Mirror is useless here and Yips only works if you're in in Yuki's stat range (until it just works). So they only have Dream, Future, Black Hole and Sixth Sense. Which is impressive mind you, but I don't think it completely invalidates the 2.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Is there any reason to assume Randy/ Albert don't have great chemistry. Not like we see them arguing. Also Mirage Mirror is useless here and Yips only works if you're in in Yuki's stat range (until it just works). So they only have Dream, Future, Black Hole and Sixth Sense. Which is impressive mind you, but I don't think it completely invalidates the 2.
Technique wise they are above them so they would be able to shut them down with ease because both of them are highly skilled in that aspect. Making them run constantly would deplete their stamina little by little.

Black Hole nullifies everything they have (preventing any One hit kill from them) so Toku can just paralyze the ball with it and make setups for Yuki to score like he did vs Volk. Yuki massively leveled up since that match so he also has Mirage Mirror which should be used to confuse the opponents, he doesn’t need ZSTennis because Randy/Albert can use destroyer mode and TnK is above that so he doesn’t need it at all.

Sixth sense is overpowered too and both of them are stronger since the prewc, Black Hole kinda nullifies all they have and they can see the future, Wirbeltaufe is possibly above everything Randy and Albert have.

Not to mention that Toku has an Ashura Kijin which is insane too.

I honestly don’t see how Randy/Albert stand a chance here.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I really feel like Switzerland is being seriously underrated just like Kintarou from the original series (and even now by some).

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I really feel like Switzerland is being seriously underrated just like Kintarou from the original series (and even now by some).
Actually, I dont think Randy/Albert is being underrated prior to this thread. Everytime there is a hypothetical matchups between Two Countries. Albert/Randy always win. For ex. Posters here are saying Randy/Albert wins against any Doubles Pair of France.

However, I think the Swiss Pair that is being kinda underrated is Peter/Henri.

Peter is nicknamed Personification of Talent

And

Henri is nicknamed Genius Noble Youth

So maybe they are better than we thought.

Peter kinda dominated Japan #6 Ohmagari. (I bet Henri and Kite kinda just Cancel Each Other)

Ohmagari will probably show what he can do in the Finals. So whatever he can show. Peter is above that. Unless one can argue that Ohmagari Evolve Heavily during Finals. LMAO.

PS: Peter is kinda dominating Alan (USA Vice/Probably #2) before the former injury became a problem which Alan specialized. (Reinjuring Previous Injury)

Wait what? I am not here yet.

But I always thought the usual opinion was Kintaro would have beaten Ryoma during Nationals Semis

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Wait what? I am not here yet.

But I always thought the usual opinion was Kintaro would have beaten Ryoma during Nationals Semis
People consider Sanada/Atobe/Yukimura stronger than Kintarou at the start of NPoT. We found out later that after A LOT of games Kintarou at that point actually draws with Yukimura though.

There was another forum tournament where Kintarou got kick down a few notch. Maybe this forum too but I don't remember the exact details.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
People consider Sanada/Atobe/Yukimura stronger than Kintarou at the start of NPoT. We found out later that after A LOT of games Kintarou at that point actually draws with Yukimura though.

There was another forum tournament where Kintarou got kick down a few notch. Maybe this forum too but I don't remember the exact details.
I only found these:

Which I think are all reasonable? Especially since we had a "No tnk plot" rule. The first tournament was before Tohno/Kimijima ended and the second tournament during Ohmagari/Tanegashima's match.

The worst we did was making Fuji win against Sanada for meme reasons (and nowadays Fuji might be stronger than him, ironically).

-

Back to this thread, on the Switzerland players, it's really hard to tier them because of how... little we saw in their matches. I even theorise that their coach got extremely outplayed by the USA's / Ralph (as in, I think they broke their best doubles trying to counter Kiko, meanwhile USA threw the doubles against Fed and Randy).

Maybe it's time to revive the doubles tier list thread? Not sure.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I only found these:

Which I think are all reasonable? Especially since we had a "No tnk plot" rule. The first tournament was before Tohno/Kimijima ended and the second tournament during Ohmagari/Tanegashima's match.

The worst we did was making Fuji win against Sanada for meme reasons (and nowadays Fuji might be stronger than him, ironically).

-

Back to this thread, on the Switzerland players, it's really hard to tier them because of how... little we saw in their matches. I even theorise that their coach got extremely outplayed by the USA's / Ralph (as in, I think they broke their best doubles trying to counter Kiko, meanwhile USA threw the doubles against Fed and Randy).

Maybe it's time to revive the doubles tier list thread? Not sure.
Since this is a doubles thread.

Switzerland sending two nameless Msers against Dodo (with nameless Mser) is the mistake.

And then wasting Fed/Albert against USA sacrificial lamb is the problem

(PS:
And maybe Peter is just unlucky that he was matched up against Alan in S2. Anways, Peter won that match in a cheap way anyway. )

In switzerland view

I think they expected

Amadeus, Peter, and Power doubles to win. (Well Amadeus lost though)

I am not sure if they put Henri as a sacrifice lamb against kiko

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I only found these:

The face that some people guess Yukimura 6-0 Kintarou suggest otherwise. I wouldn't say that's reasonable.

And I lost count of how many times I need to mention how good Kintarou is in this forum.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The face that some people guess Yukimura 6-0 Kintarou suggest otherwise. I wouldn't say that's reasonable.

And I lost count of how many times I need to mention how good Kintarou is in this forum.
Going back to topic.

Switzerland and Australia are just weird teams

Switzerland beat Japan. But lost against Australia

Australia beat Switzerland. But lost in 3 straight sets against Japan Msers.
Heck, if you checked results. Greece actually beats Australia. Lmao

The set of players are likely different though. So yeah maybe thats the reason.

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Little Volk and fat guy of course

Bismarck and Elmir is easy to counter. Strong chemistry between doubles can beat them.
Tokugawa/Yuki, they know what kind of shot is going to lunch, having enough skill can make them to respond perfectly but they are not invincible.
Cameo/Duke was good but destroyed by AI.
Plus Little Volk ability is dangerous in no time he can find opponents game play.
And Dankmark strong and heavy with wide satellite, monitor and send information to Bertie.
Volk/Tezuka they are good but still, lack of experience as double.
Probably something like Volknado?
But they not going to play as a double.
... those Swiss guy are really strong.
They probably can beat anyone from the list except B/D.
Ochi/Mouri are probably Japan strongest doubles. Unlike others both of em know and play alongside for quite some times.
And they going to face Strongest Doubles of U-17 W.Cup?

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Little Volk and fat guy of course

Bismarck and Elmir is easy to counter. Strong chemistry between doubles can beat them.
Tokugawa/Yuki, they know what kind of shot is going to lunch, having enough skill can make them to respond perfectly but they are not invincible.
Cameo/Duke was good but destroyed by AI.
Plus Little Volk ability is dangerous in no time he can find opponents game play.
And Dankmark strong and heavy with wide satellite, monitor and send information to Bertie.
Volk/Tezuka they are good but still, lack of experience as double.
Probably something like Volknado?
But they not going to play as a double.
... those Swiss guy are really strong.
They probably can beat anyone from the list except B/D.
Ochi/Mouri are probably Japan strongest doubles. Unlike others both of em know and play alongside for quite some times.
And they going to face Strongest Doubles of U-17 W.Cup?
Fat Guy.😂😅

Well, Dankmar is overshadowed in that match. All he did was to make himself Giant. Thats it. Even in their howling. His function is just being Big to widen satellite vision of Bertie.

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Fat Guy.😂😅

Well, Dankmar is overshadowed in that match. All he did was to make himself Giant. Thats it. Even in their howling. His function is just being Big to widen satellite vision of Bertie.
I think in their match Konomi-San gave all credit to MSers. Imagine if we didn't know anything from Duke until this match.
Dankmark's serve was so strong that even Duke couldn't Counter it.
But after that nothing.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
We don't know that, though. Kirihara countered it when he unlocked blue eyes and "jumped" into Tanegashima's reality not through chemistry.

Imagine if we didn't know anything from Duke until this match.
It kinda went that way since Duke played 4 times, got a flashback with and vs Byoudouin, and was placed to play vs Camus and yet we only found out he had a Kijin when he played Tokugawa lmao.