Discussion The "SBS'ing Oda-Sensei Project"

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
wasn't it stated that it game him 2 lives?

Hm. So it was. Stephen's translation also says so, so I suppose that's quite accurate. Well, the other questions still stand, and I got a bit confused off a panel from chapter 488, so I won't edit it out. It'd be nice to have outright confirmation of how many extra lives you get, and like I said, I think the other questions still stand. Thanks for pointing this out, though.
 

monkey D luffy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
281
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
ive got some question myself.

  • oda sama what happened to the newspaper nami used to get? the strawhats seem to be uninformed the soon they got to the grand line.

  • oda sama what happenes when two people eat half of a devil fruit at the same time? they both have abilities or the fruit is just useless this way?

  • what about a pandawomen for pandaman? he cant be alone is he? hes just too popular and handsome to be alone.

  • what happened to mr.2? at the end he seemed to be an ally of the strawhats is there a chance we ever see him again?

  • after brooke go back from the dead does that means another yomi yomi fruit grew? and there can be another immortal person out there? also if someone happenes to eat the yomi yomi fruit and then he eats anothre fruit will he have the ability of the other fruit when he comes back from the dead?
 
Last edited:

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
well.. I can answer two of your questions.. :D


  • what happened to mr.2? at the end he seemed to be an ally of the strawhats is there a chance we ever see him again?
There's a whole cover-arc for what happend to baroque works after alabasta, including Mr. 2.
I don't know if you read it or not, but I don't want to spoil to you if you didn't.. :p So press the link in my signature and find the cover arc there.. :D


  • after brooke go back from the dead does that means another yomi yomi fruit grew? and there can be another immortal person out there? also if someone happenes to eat the yomi yomi fruit and then he eats anothre fruit will he have the ability of the other fruit when he comes back from the dead?
We still don't know how devil fruits "Recycle" and what you say is just one theory of them.. But anyways, I think that as long as Brooke is alive, the devil fruit is still in effect within him, so no recycling.. :p
 

Shojin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
435
Reaction score
319
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OMG!!! Big news everyone!



:headbang :headbang
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
cool.
what exactly do they mean by "spoilers"? is their basis english Tankoban or the chappters in WSJ?
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Haha! In that situation, there is only one thing I could ask:
* If your main character's were to enter the setting of the other's manga, how would they be?

I can already see it. Luffy: the shinigami.
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Luffy - Captain of 11th Squad

Wow.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This isn't actually as great as it sounds. By no spoilers, they mean for where the English version is. So for One Piece, by then, it should be around... finished with volume 20. That sort of limits us to less then two fifths of what's currently the full series. So if you have any questions that don't involve information we get further in then about half of the Alabasta arc, this is quite an opportunity, but otherwise...
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
This isn't actually as great as it sounds. By no spoilers, they mean for where the English version is. So for One Piece, by then, it should be around... finished with volume 20. That sort of limits us to less then two fifths of what's currently the full series. So if you have any questions that don't involve information we get further in then about half of the Alabasta arc, this is quite an opportunity, but otherwise...
I don't think Shonen Jump would worry about the anime adaption (especially USA). I think they are talking about not asking "What is the One Piece??"
 

RobinotX

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
229
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Also send some questions..

Maybe I am a lucky bastard who is picked out x'3
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't think Shonen Jump would worry about the anime adaption (especially USA). I think they are talking about not asking "What is the One Piece??"
What Imitorar was saying was that Shonen Jump is asking for questions that are not spoilers relative to their version of the manga, i.e., their English adaptation. Shonen Jump's English releases are only up to Volume 21, which is in the middle of the Alabasta arc. They obviously don't want to print in their magazine things that would be spoilers to their readers. It has nothing to do with the anime adaptation.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
But they said that interview would be in the english version of Shonen Jump?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
But they said that interview would be in the english version of Shonen Jump?
Yes, they did. I am not sure I understand your question. Since it is in Shonen Jump (which is the English version of Weekly Shounen Jump), they don't want spoilers, i.e., spoilers for their readers. They are obviously saying this because the original Japanese manga are far ahead of their English versions.
 
Last edited:

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
I'm trying to think about something to ask, but that's all like nothing T.T
 

Jaggerjack

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lets see...

First off, I'd like to say Thanks for doing this for us!

My questions:

  • How much was Zeff's bounty?
  • When Luffy eats, does his body convert the food into rubber for repairing wounds, building muscle, etc?
  • Which parts of Robin's body can be grown with her hana hana fruit? (And no, I'm not being perverted.) Could she grow another copy of herself?
  • If Luffy's muscles are made of rubber, then how does he get stronger? (Muscles normally tear down and rebuild up)
  • What happened to the nurse that the Tenryuubito Charlosse Sei took to be his wife? Did she get away?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Lets see...

First off, I'd like to say Thanks for doing this for us!

My questions:

  • How much was Zeff's bounty?
  • When Luffy eats, does his body convert the food into rubber for repairing wounds, building muscle, etc?
    [*]Which parts of Robin's body can be grown with her hana hana fruit? (And no, I'm not being perverted.) Could she grow another copy of herself? [*]If Luffy's muscles are made of rubber, then how does he get stronger? (Muscles normally tear down and rebuild up)
  • What happened to the nurse that the Tenryuubito Charlosse Sei took to be his wife? Did she get away?
That question was already answered on a sbs, I dont remember what volume though. Robin can grow ANY part of his body. As for the growing a complete copy of herself, I dont think that was answered, but I dont think she can given that her power involves creating parts, not complete copies of herself.
 
Last edited:

Jaggerjack

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That question was already answered on a sbs, I dont remember what volume though. Robin can grow ANY part of his body. As for the growing a complete copy of herself, I dont think that was answered, but I dont think she can given that her power involves creating parts, not complete copies of herself.
Ah, ok. Thanks! Growing organs and such is probably a different beast altogether.
 

Dice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
536
Reaction score
109
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
But shouldn't she be able to grow 2 arms, 2 legs, a head with 2 eyes, ears etc. and a torso and merge them togehter? I mean if she can grow any parts of her body and is able to merge them togehter, than my suggestion shouldn't be impossible, should it?
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It seems to take a certain level of concentration for Robin to sustain her copied body parts. That's why she doesn't usually make more then 100 at once, and why she can't fly for very long, it's too tiring for her to sustain the arms and fly at the same time. The amount of concentration it would take to form an actual full-body clone of Robin would be enormous, exponentially greater then just making 100 arms. Perhaps near the end of the series she may be able to focus enough to do it, but as of now, while it's theoretically possible, she hasn't got sufficient strength and Devil Fruit control to pull it off.
 

Jaggerjack

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Here's another one that's been bugging me for a few days:

Why did Robin and Brooke eat a Devil's Fruit? Was is accidental like it was for Luffy and Chopper?
 
Top