Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have a feeling Beezlebaby will be a bomb. It just doesn't seem like something that would be popular.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hate to reign on you guy's parade but do you really think Sket is popular enough to get an anime this year? Also, does it have enough material? I'd be happy for you guys if it does though.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
it's rain on your parade.

and yeah, it's gone on almost two years and sells pretty well. that's popular enough. what's more it's episodic like love trouble so it can easily have a long runner with the material it's got... well it could easily have 77 episodes with the material it's got... or 70 if the three more arcy moments were shortened.
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I feel like both Beezle Baby and Hoop Men wont last long. Hopefully Naoshi shows up again soon.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I hate to reign on you guy's parade but do you really think Sket is popular enough to get an anime this year? Also, does it have enough material? I'd be happy for you guys if it does though.
By July Hatsukoi Ltd. will have ended and Jump will be left with only three anime: Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto (assuming Gintama is really ending, I am). Jump will not find this acceptable. Sket Dance is the only current series that has not had an anime but will have enough chapters for at least 24 episodes. It certainly is not popular enough to get an initial run of 51 episodes.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
a 24 episode run could fit in the more recurring characters, and maybe even switch off and onihimes past... could work. and if it picks up it could get extended much like dgray did past its initial 51
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
First, it's up in the air now about Gintama ending. It seems like it probably will but somehow there's no yes or no from Sunrise. All that we know is the director will be gone...and they really will be pushing it for material unless they go the Keroro Gunso route. (anime-only with the occasional manga storyline) I assume it will end in March but I can't say it will or it won't.

Second, Sket probably can make a series rather easily with two years of manga material. It all depends on the approach though: it could go a bit like Gintama's run and have at least a year series or, due to it's lower position compared to others (which could be boosted with an anime), just start with a 26 and sees what happens. It's all in Jump's court now...but I moreso seeing them salivating their way to 2010 when Toriko and Bakuman (and hopefully Psyren too) are potential anime properties.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmmm... it will be interesting to see what happens with everything in the upcoming months. I am not of the habit of hoping for any new series to fail, but I know I won't like any new series as much as Psyren, so as long as it survives, I'm fine. Also, loving your new avatar, Noodles. Although personally I find him to be obnoxious.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The pictures of Beezlebub look interesting. Is mainly an action or comedy?
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Also, loving your new avatar, Noodles. Although personally I find him to be obnoxious.
i find him kinda likable... well cause he looks a weird amount like me... maybe obnoxious is another connection there XD

and its a gag manga predsfan. he's just a delinquent... or at least it was with the oneshot
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Color picture and cover look nice

I think this one will walk a sket dance path - that's my guess
 
Last edited:

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Somehow I get vibes (as I said prior) of the baby arc in Gintama: comedy but maybe with a bit of action here or there. Could be good to look into.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Looks like it will primarily be comedy with delinquent manga style fights thrown in. The fights will probably be more for laughs with the baby giving him ridiculous temporary power ups. The one shot looked really funny, the art reminded me of Jaguar mixed with Yusha. The first 2009 series I'm really looking forward to.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why is Reborn still so popular. I have a feeling(hope) that after the most recent chapters of Reborn that it'll sink in the TOC soon.

Seriously this has to be one of the worst cases of Deus Ex Machina and plot twist ever.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Why is Reborn still so popular. I have a feeling(hope) that after the most recent chapters of Reborn that it'll sink in the TOC soon.

Seriously this has to be one of the worst cases of Deus Ex Machina and plot twist ever.
It's fan base is bulstered by fujoshi. It won't drop in the TOC because they don't care that the last years worth of chapters sucked. Get used to it, your stuck with Reborn for a long time.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It's fan base is bulstered by fujoshi. It won't drop in the TOC because they don't care that the last years worth of chapters sucked. Get used to it, your stuck with Reborn for a long time.
Lulz. I dropped reborn a while ago so I have no comments on it. But yeah Kaiten. Sama Preach on. Sad thing is that It was awesome enough that the whole 'boys' thing was easy enough to ignore....until the future arc that is...
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's fan base is bulstered by fujoshi. It won't drop in the TOC because they don't care that the last years worth of chapters sucked. Get used to it, your stuck with Reborn for a long time.
Dude in the most recent chapters I don't even know what I'm looking at... the art also sucks bad too.

Ah...Varia Arc...
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is there any news on when the Reborn anime will be ending?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top