Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
woah, now that's tough. okay, erase everything lol. now, this would be easier, if for example you have a reputation in the dating scene. but maybe you're not seen that way, you're not the "now single" guy. but what's there to lose? let's do this:

as i've always believed, the best diskarte is harap-harapan. i'm gonna assume you're gonna start from nothing with her, just getting to know each other. she calls you "kuya", so that means you're on her "nice guys" list, assuming ha. keep it that way, or make it better, become nicer to her, be on top of her list. don't force the niceness, just do nice things naturally. like "oh nakuha mo na ba NINYO ang (note ninyo, don't single her out) sinend ko?", and then you know, keep the conversation going, act cool. if that were me, i'd tease her, "hindi niyo naintindihan no? haha" and then see how she reacts. now tell me, how would she react that way hunt? let's learn more about our subject
O_O You know my strategy! Lewl I always, ALWAYS do that to girls I know. Helps me get the information I needed. What I don't know is, how to drop a conversation. :(

-listens to jedi master yonie-
I don't like being called "kuya" or "manong" either, but you've gotta admit that it does give you a small sense of authority/ power when you get called by those titles at times.

@Hunter- I'd stay away from kids... It's very hard to relate...
It's not hard for me to relate to them... After all, they're IT kids, I'm quite knowledgeable in IT... They drink alcohol and I don't. :(

(And if they invite me for a drink I'd go along, but either eat away their pulutan or buy my own soda.)
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Well, only thing I'd advice is: Don't go out with them for alcohol in the hopes that you'll get closer. Alcohol makes people say and do things they don't really mean, and you may be trapped into believing you're closer to her than you actually are.

Once you're in that trap it's over.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Well, only thing I'd advice is: Don't go out with them for alcohol in the hopes that you'll get closer. Alcohol makes people say and do things they don't really mean, and you may be trapped into believing you're closer to her than you actually are.

Once you're in that trap it's over.
actually no, its the opposite! drinking alcohol with somebody = instant close friends. even if you fight in the session, you wake up tomorrow and he's your best friend :thumbs

so yeah hunt tell us more about the subject so we can adjust our parameters to synchronize with her reactionary components
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
actually no, its the opposite! drinking alcohol with somebody = instant close friends. even if you fight in the session, you wake up tomorrow and he's your best friend :thumbs
Close friends? No.

Fake friends, yes.

I don't trust anyone whose best connection with me is through a drinking session.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Well, only thing I'd advice is: Don't go out with them for alcohol in the hopes that you'll get closer. Alcohol makes people say and do things they don't really mean, and you may be trapped into believing you're closer to her than you actually are.

Once you're in that trap it's over.
I can't really bring myself to drink, brings back awful memories. And being the paranoid guy that I am, I always, ALWAYS assume the worst case scenario, and how to recover from it.

actually no, its the opposite! drinking alcohol with somebody = instant close friends. even if you fight in the session, you wake up tomorrow and he's your best friend :thumbs

so yeah hunt tell us more about the subject so we can adjust our parameters to synchronize with her reactionary components
I can already assume 60-78% of her reactions, judging from my observations of her. I never really took notice of her (for most of the semester) until I joined the school trip at the last freaking minute. Yeah, sumama ako. Just for the lulz. Good thing I did. She's the type that you wouldn't want to be your girlfriend, she's the type you'd want to be your wife.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Close friends? No.

Fake friends, yes.

I don't trust anyone whose best connection with me is through a drinking session.
i'm not saying closeness has to be non-hypocritical, when you both had a drinking session together, you open up, you talk a lot, you laugh, so that person doesn't become just any other friend anymore, right? who cares if it's fake, when you get drunk together, you are forever bonded by the alcohol gods

@hunt: just drink up, don't tell me you're gonna cower at that paranoia all your life, look at me, i promised myself not to drink again, for 13 times na yata haha :p
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
@hunt: just drink up, don't tell me you're gonna cower at that paranoia all your life, look at me, i promised myself not to drink again, for 13 times na yata haha :p
Would an allergy to brewed malt beverages stop you? I guess not. Fortunately I don't have them, I just don't wanna drink. Abstinence from alcohol. And that awful memory? My dad's a drunkard when I was just 2-3 years old. He changed, a lot. I don't wanna remember that part of him that he threw away.
 

haruka9

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
185
Reaction score
250
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Oh it's okay to hang out with them during drinking sessions. The good thing about it is that you get the "casual vibe." It's the time where you get to know more about the person. Hindi man depth, pero you will still learn nice little things from her. You don't have to drink. What's more important is that you minimize the gap between you. Chances are.... she may invite you to their next drinking session.... and from there, you can figure out your next move :tem
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
The thing is, what you can achieve in terms of closeness in a drinking session, you can achieve more efficiently doing something else together. Unless you're just planning on getting laid, of course.

I'm not really just spouting my mouth off when I'm warning against using drinking sessions to get close to someone. I had the same experience years before.

Anyway, if drinking sessions are your only way to get close, you don't really have a choice.

=================

It's kinda fun trolling the Naruto section. I'm too nice to keep it up, though.
 

haruka9

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
185
Reaction score
250
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
There are certainly more effective ways to get close to someone. However, Hunter needs to take every striking opportunity to be with the girl since her class is almost over ^__^.

As far as experiences are concerned.... Hmmmm, I guess I'm lucky because every drinking session that I "attended" didn't turn into a traumatic encounter. Some of those drunk bastards became my good buddies ^__^.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
The thing is, what you can achieve in terms of closeness in a drinking session, you can achieve more efficiently doing something else together. Unless you're just planning on getting laid, of course.
ah well, it's different for people. it could be heart-to-heart talk, it could be a retreat or recollection... that stuff doesn't work for me. to me, a drinking session, or pot. it's awesome to talk when under the influence. and that's coming from me, a suplado
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
So, is everyone out celebrating Holy Week, or are we just all too lazy to post?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Hunter- You don't drink? How the hell is that possible?

@MJ- I'm just too lazy to post. I'm an atheist so I don't celerbate religious holidays... Hm... more nihilist than atheist though...
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
nihilism?? you want to abolish everything??? no paperboy if that were to happen japanese fetishes will be a common sight

you know what, i woke up this morning and got so bored, i thought of learning wapanoise, at a whim. so i got or illegally acquired thru accessible but borderline copyright violating means a learning japanese ebook, and i was surprised it's not so hard after all. after a couple of hours i've memorized the 70 something hiragana characters. i'm gonna keep this up, by next month i'll be able to read the raws :thumbs
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
And your point is? :jk
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
nihilism?? you want to abolish everything??? no paperboy if that were to happen japanese fetishes will be a common sight

you know what, i woke up this morning and got so bored, i thought of learning wapanoise, at a whim. so i got or illegally acquired thru accessible but borderline copyright violating means a learning japanese ebook, and i was surprised it's not so hard after all. after a couple of hours i've memorized the 70 something hiragana characters. i'm gonna keep this up, by next month i'll be able to read the raws :thumbs
Recognizing kana is easy. Kanji is, well, not so hard, but I'm too lazy to memorize everything (thank God for dictionaries). I learn them as they go.

The hard part is the grammar and sentence structure. It's rather unlike both English and Filipino.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
And your point is? :jk
it will not be the same! they are fetishes because it's breaking the laws of society, and it feels good to break the laws. what the fuck am i saying defending sick japanese fantasies. i saw this last night, japan is really fucked up www.cocoa-soft.net

@mj: yeah the sentence structure is pretty weird, the noun placing and the verb placing are opposite, like i eat bread become "i bread eat", but you can get the hang of it by locating the keyword of the sentence, it will take some time to get used to really, that's why just practice and learn something new everyday, dang there's like 3000 kanjis there, i'm planning to learn like 10-15 a day. you have no choice with kanji but brute memorization
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
It's kinda easy if it's just that :D. It'll get harder with the different verb forms and compound sentences.

Hmm, next time I think I really should take advantage of #translators.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Social norms are complete bullshit. They enslave the weak minded and castigate the ones who are strong enough to go against them.

Not all of those fetishes are created by the Japanese.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
im thinking middle of europe or something, but only the japs would produce those shit professionally like that. oh japan.

Social norms are complete bullshit. They enslave the weak minded and castigate the ones who are strong enough to go against them.
cmon be open minded, conversatives and liberals must co-exist and respect each other, an idealistic thought i know but that's the only way to do that. it must be a mix of two, there must be both stability and progress.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top