TV THE HEROES THREAD: [SPOILERS]

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I suppose that could be an extension of his alchemical powers.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I suppose that could be an extension of his alchemical powers.
Even then it shouldn't actually change the shape of his clothes as well as adding new items.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I don't think the shape would matter, but you're right about new items. I suppose he could combine his regeneration, shape shifting, and alchemy to give him new elements to alter.

Outside of that, back in DS9, Odo was able to include the appearance of clothing in his shape shifting. Maybe the shape shifting isn't as limited as we think. Sylar does generally increase the potency of the powers that he acquires, relative to the original mutant.

Just realized that Sylar would have to be able to alter his clothing/objects that aren't a part of his body through the shape shifting power, possibly combined with his other powers. Otherwise, Peter wouldn't have been able to overload Sylar with fluctuating forms. I doubt they'll expand any further on that possibility, but it is there.
 
Last edited:

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I have got to say that this was a great season finale. A lot of surprises happened.

Most Liked

I really did not expect Peter to be the President. He got Sylar really good at the end. I just could not stop believe it, Peter needed to have a big role in the series and him catching Sylar gives him the definition of a hero.

Most Disliked

The only thing I hated about this episode is that they did not show us how exactly the fight went between Sylar and Peter. I have been waiting for a fight like that all season and they just go and cut that thing out. Oh yeah, why is HJiro havnig side effects for? That's just plain stupid. I guess they do that so Ando can have a chance to use his powers as well.

Confusion
Did I miss something this season? HOw was it possible that Sylar was flying? He did not slice Nathan's brain. Where in the world did he get that power?

Most Funny

Although this episode was pretty intense, I think it was the funniest one this season. The first thing that got me laughing was whne Sylar said he wanted Claire to be his first lady. Was he reallly thinking? How is Claire going to be your wife, if you're in Nathan's body.

I also thought it was funny when Sylar said: "Claire is gonna be so mad at me" It was obvious that he did not really care what Claire, the guy was just having fun.
 

laughing@you

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
4,096
Reaction score
1,516
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

.

Confusion
Did I miss something this season? HOw was it possible that Sylar was flying? He did not slice Nathan's brain. Where in the world did he get that power?

Most Funny

Although this episode was pretty intense, I think it was the funniest one this season. The first thing that got me laughing was whne Sylar said he wanted Claire to be his first lady. Was he reallly thinking? How is Claire going to be your wife, if you're in Nathan's body.

I also thought it was funny when Sylar said: "Claire is gonna be so mad at me" It was obvious that he did not really care what Claire, the guy was just having fun.
Sylar has been shown to fly or levitate due to his telekinetic ablity. So thats is nothing new. I'm just amazed that peter and nathan managed to get even close to sylar.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yeah like laughing@you said, or maybe he used empathy, Sylar is fricking broken.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm betting on empathy as well. The fact that he had taken on elements of Nathan's persona would make it easier to use that route.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

@ Kaliyev, you mentioned that Sylar could possibly have been combining his transmutation ability with his shapeshifting ability, yet the original owner of the power was able to transform into Sylar, same clothes and all, yet at his apartment he had a variety of disguises to suit each one of his identities.

There's no denying that the writers are going to have to step their game up next season, they've been very hit and miss as of late.
 

laughing@you

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
4,096
Reaction score
1,516
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm also amazed how parkman got so powerful.

The writers basically just don't know what to do with the mess they've created. Parkman was a pushover, all of a sudden his really powerful, then he also gets visions of the future, then we learn his weakness, can be stopped by the unholy noise of a syren or alarm, and now he has no visions anymore. Then he uses his powers so the unstoppable sylar becomes nathan. I mean WTF?

I just hate how they keep cheating us of Sylar vs Peter all out battle.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Maybe because they want to save the Sylar vs Peter for the end of the series.

Also it is confirmed Tracy will be the center villain for the next season, but there will be a new cool/mysterious villain introduced.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm betting on Sylar's father getting his hands on a healing power thus regaining his memories and powers.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

W00t, one of my questions made it in behind the eclipse this week. They also deal with the clothing issue, bandit. It turns out it wasn't their decision.

Hmmm, that does sound problematic, bandit. However, the regenerative power should already be sufficient for that. If I remember correctly, back in season one, the Haitian's memory wiping ability started wearing off when used on Claire. But then, she didn't have to deal with a changing anatomy. "Nathan's" new physiology could preclude the regeneration of his memories.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Man, I think the best ability that either Sylar or Peter should have is the ability to replicate. Imagine if one of those two had this kind of power? Maybe each clone will each do a different ability.

I really hope Peter gets to use his powers more next season. What if he touches someone else that has power? Will he lose the ability that he obtained from Sylar?
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

There was a dude in the graphic novel that was able to replicate himself.

Damn why does the graphic novel have all the best abilities?
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I really hope Peter gets to use his powers more next season. What if he touches someone else that has power? Will he lose the ability that he obtained from Sylar?
At this point, he has enough mastery over it to choose whose powers he takes.


@bandit
Wasn't that guy a plant or something like that? Wasn't it asexual reproduction (with accelerated aging up to desired age), and not immediate copies? I never paid that much attention to that arc, especially after the fall of the company.
 
Last edited:

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 3: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

@ Kaliyev

There was a guy back in the seventeen hundreds who had an instantaneous duplication power, he thought Adam and somehow managed to get himself killed. the guy you're talking about created fully aged copies of himself but they caused his body stress, Primatech used him as a soldier factory of sorts, he was killed by Adam along with all his copies.
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Can't wait!!! Season premiere is this Monday at 9!!! 2 hours long!!! I dunno what to expect from this whole Sylar being suppressed within the "new" Nathan. I think it seems very apparent that he's gonna be back. Sylar is the main villain of the whole series and its not like its the first time he made a comeback. I just foresee it happening all over again, especially with the way the last season ended with the preview of this upcoming season, how new Nathan hears the watch ticking, to me that definitely foreshadows Sylar making a comeback.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, Sylar is definitely coming back man. There is no doubt about it. We even saw him threatening Parkman in the preview but I don't think he can fully come back yet. It seems that we will have a new bandit also, I can't wait to see what he'll do. As for Claire, she decided to go for college and she has a new best friend. I hope they really give them something interesting this season.
Unfortunately I'll be working that night, so I'll just Tivo it.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Sylar could awake his memories but act as if he didn't knew anything so start killing people without anyone noticing.
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Sylar could awake his memories but act as if he didn't knew anything so start killing people without anyone noticing.
I think for this to work they would all need to come flooding back at once ya know? This way when he does find out it would be all at once so then he'd then be back to his smart self, then he could deceive everyone. You figure the more gradual and drawn out it is then the better chance of someone noticing is likely. I'm not saying that we won't see some gradual process of him coming back out, but I think the final realization will be abrupt and everything will rush back to him IMO.
 
Top