Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2
I think Psyren is placed this week. Otherwise it would be closer to Sket and Mago.
I think Psyren is placed this week. Otherwise it would be closer to Sket and Mago.
): Glad to see Kimi ni Todoke so high and Aozora Yell make it! The latter is a fantastic series, at least whats been translated so far!! Sket Dance in the top ten was a surprise. Apparently it's more worthy of votes for School of Lock then Jump
Really, the list you found is far more interesting then the TOC this week, Finestela.
May I ask on what ground of the link you gave you base yourself to say psyren is placed?I think Psyren is placed this week. Otherwise it would be closer to Sket and Mago.
It shows where the series are ranked based on the votes. Follow it down and the ranked series follow it: One Piece is first, Naruto second, Bleach third, Toriko fourth, etc. The TOC, especially lower down, doesn't always follow it exactly, but is usually close. Basically (if I'm reading correct) the decimal right next to the series is average ranking for this week. Then TOC position from the last eight issues follows. Number 1, always designated in red, is front color, not first in votes. Orange represents center color.May I ask on what ground of the link you gave you base yourself to say psyren is placed?
[/koen]
Geez! Even with it's recent low TOC status...Gintama's pretty damn high!! 3rd behiind FMA and OP! And to think that on the outset, Sorachi's editors told him that he'd never get anywhere. I need to read more of Sket, but i think that's a good spot for it to be on...and nice job for Psyren getting on the list at all. (I'm not reading it until I finish Mieru Hito, just a personal thing.) At least now, even though Gintama's sort of low on the TOC....with this kind of popularity I doubt Jump will let it go. ^^Well, last year, we had several (well, two or three iirc) issues with two chapters of Yuushagaku, occupying different positions. We didn't really discount the higher one by saying it's got two chapters though. So I'd say same rule applys, that Psyren is just that good
<hr noshade size="1">
Some interesting stuff to post:
This is the list of "Most interesting manga series currently, best 30" from the radio show "School of Lock!". The list is Teenager oriented.
168 名前: 名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい [sage] 投稿日: 2009/05/20(水) 10:35:05 ID:rYNWPT0b0
「SCHOOL OF LOCK!」というラジオ番組で行われた、
「今一番面白い漫画ベスト30」の結果を貼ってみる
ちなみにこの番組は青少年(ゆとり世代)のリスナーが多いと補足しておく
1位 鋼の錬金術師 荒川弘
2位 ONE PIECE 尾田栄一郎
3位 銀魂 空知 英秋
4位 君に届け 椎名軽穂
5位 聖☆おにいさん 中村光
6位 家庭教師ヒットマンREBORN 天野明
7位 SKET DANCE 篠原健太
8位 BLEACH 久保帯人
9位 おおきく振りかぶって ひぐちアサ
10位 君と僕。 堀田きいち
11位 夏目友人帳 緑川ゆき
12位 ヘタリア Axis Powers 日丸屋 秀和
13位 ダイヤのA 寺嶋裕二
14位 SLAM DUNK 井上雄彦
15位 バクマン。 大場 つぐみ, 小畑 健
16位 あひるの空 日向武史
17位 エア・ギア 大暮維人
18位 青空エール 河原和音
19位 桜蘭高校ホスト部 葉鳥ビスコ
20位 ソウルイーター 大久保篤
21位 NARUTO-ナルト- 岸本斉史
22位 PandoraHearts 望月淳
23位 ギャグマンガ日和 増田こうすけ
24位 黒執事 枢やな
25位 PSYREN-サイレン- 岩代 俊明
26位 ハヤテのごとく! 畑健二郎
27位 フルーツバスケット 高屋奈月
28位 おやすみプンプン 浅野 いにお
29位 テガミバチ 浅田弘幸
30位 FAIRY TAIL 真島ヒロ
この結果をどう見るか
01 Full Metal Alchemist
02 One Piece
03 Gintama
04 Kimi ni Todoke (here's a surprise)
05 Saint Onii-san (lol)
06 Reborn
07 Sket Dance (nice)
08 Bleach
09 Ookiku
10 Kimi to Boku (never read this before)
11 Natsume Yuujinchou (11!? Shocking)
12 Hetalia (lol)
13 Ace of Diamond
14 Slam Dunk (lol, how long has it ended!?)
15 Bakuman
16 Ahiru no Sora (never read it)
17 Air Gear
18 Yell for the Blue SKy (never read it)
19 Ouran High School Host Club
20 Soul Eater
21 Naruto
22 Pandora Hearts
23 Gag Manga Biyori (huh!?)
24 Kuro Shitsuji
25 Psyren
26 Hayate no Gotoku
27 Fruits Basket (oh come on... it ended for several years already!)
28 Oyasumi Pon Pon (never read it before)
29 Letter Bee
30 Fairy Tail (I'm glad it made the list... but this far down? O_o")
Akimoto likes going to work every morning, and considering that it is rather easy to do a series like KochiKame compared to some "super huge and meaningful epic that could fall apart easily if you screw it up", I say more power to him. Personally, I really want to get around to reading KochiKame (maybe even translating it) and...well if he retires, it's a shame but it's his decision being in the industry for so long successfully. (and if he doesn't and the announcement is something else, then he can still bring it after all)One can only hope.
No manga should ever run for that long... even if you don't need to read from chapter 1 to get what's going on.

I think he can manage the pace. From a blurb from Oda in the cover of Kochikame volume 122 (I read it on a One Piece fansite, so that's why I'm quoting someone else's statment about Akimoto from about 8 years ago) Akimoto works like a machine now. He just rolls chapters off. I guess after 33 years, he has it down to a science.Unless Akimoto really wants to retire, he can stay there to the end of time (well, or untill his natural life allows him).
Even if he thinks he can't sustain the pace of weekly series, he can always ask to transfer to SQ.
I mean Petalliro is still running as well, though not in Hana to Yume anymore, but rather in Bessatsu Hana to Yume as well as Melody... So it's not THAT unique![]()
Plus it still sells well enough. Bakuman is one of the last new series I'd really be worrying about.Bakuman's gotten plenty of color pages and never gotten into the bottom 5, so it's doing fine, really.
Yes to the first. Jump seems to be putting what it can in for Kuroko it seems.Does anyone else thing Kuroko has gotten an inordinant amount of color pages? Wouldn't it be something if the big announcement was Kochikame was ending?
There's an "announcement" to be included with issue 27. No one knows what the announcement is. After 1600 chapters, ending sounds far fetched, but you never know. Akimoto is only in his 50's, a good decade away from retirement age. I'm willing to bet they will announce a new anime, or a movie.is Kochikame gonna end soon or still be ongoing ?
I agree, by selling more than Eyeshield as well as ToLoveRu per tank volume, I can see it being dead last and still go on for long time.Plus it still sells well enough. Bakuman is one of the last new series I'd really be worrying about.
