- Joined
- Aug 20, 2008
- Messages
- 3,134
- Reaction score
- 4,272
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)
nota bene : I wondering about the animal side that seems to control the awakened zoans : is it the df mind ? But that is just a question that should go to the awakened zoans thread : I will put it later on that thread.
The only attack that has been shown to be able to break Ao Kiji's Ace was the Gomu Gomu Storm. For the other attacks, we do not really know if he had turned into logia mode or not. From my point of view, as the Gomu Gomu Pistol and this kick were strong, the body must have turned into his element (because you saw I consider that the DF can do it by himself). But I think Ao Kiji decided by himself to turn into ice. Why would he had not knowing he was fighting Luffy ? You are the one supporting that the logia user is nearly always conscious that he had to turn in logia mode by reflex when he is fighting an ennemy.
Anyway, the ice can be very tough : I do not know if you had the opportunity to meet that kind of ice. If you try to break it with you shoes or hard matter, you cannot do it : you just manage to take down little outlying parts of the ice.
So, as I said, I think the Gomu Gomu storm was the only attack Luffy used against Ao Kiji AND that was enough strong to break it. And the others attacks of Luffy must have not managed to break it.
For example, this attack was strong and I think the body turns into logia mode and resists to it without breaking.
That would also explain why the body managed to freeze Luffy's arm just after : it had to be turned in ice before to freeze it : said in a SBS.
So, at that moment, it must have been definitely the ice mode that managed to endure Luffy's attack.
) " was. Ao Kiji knew that Luffy was fighting with strong attacks, impossible an admiral would not be able to notice that.
nota bene : I do not agree about the " just a tool ". As I said, there were definitely prooves with the two zoans objects that a df was not only a tool.
That is indeed the reason why he was surprised because he does not think he could be " touched " by these kinds of things.
But I think that if he had not been surprised and knew that these were attacks, the sound waves would have gone through him like it normally does : but that is something impossible for your point of view if you really consider that this was because it was sound wave attack that it had separated Ki Zaru's body parts. If you agree that if he had not been surprised, the sound waves would have gone through him as it normally does with the others attacks, you must accept that it was because he was surprised that it did not go through him, and not because it was a sound wave attack.
Actually, we saw that a df can have his own mind : remember the zoans power that took control of two objects : a sword and a gun. You could not tell me that this is the spirit of the object that control the zoan df. That is definitely a proof you cannot ignore.I have to disagree with that. That would mean that the logia power has a mind of its own.
nota bene : I wondering about the animal side that seems to control the awakened zoans : is it the df mind ? But that is just a question that should go to the awakened zoans thread : I will put it later on that thread.
Disappointed because you think I would use an easy counter-argument that I do not (really) trust ? If I do not think something is true, I will not use it in my arguments.We've seen some examples where logia didn't automatically turn into their element. When Luffy kicked Aokiji, for example. If you think that kick wasn't enough to break the ice, then I'm going to be severely disappointed.
The only attack that has been shown to be able to break Ao Kiji's Ace was the Gomu Gomu Storm. For the other attacks, we do not really know if he had turned into logia mode or not. From my point of view, as the Gomu Gomu Pistol and this kick were strong, the body must have turned into his element (because you saw I consider that the DF can do it by himself). But I think Ao Kiji decided by himself to turn into ice. Why would he had not knowing he was fighting Luffy ? You are the one supporting that the logia user is nearly always conscious that he had to turn in logia mode by reflex when he is fighting an ennemy.
Anyway, the ice can be very tough : I do not know if you had the opportunity to meet that kind of ice. If you try to break it with you shoes or hard matter, you cannot do it : you just manage to take down little outlying parts of the ice.
So, as I said, I think the Gomu Gomu storm was the only attack Luffy used against Ao Kiji AND that was enough strong to break it. And the others attacks of Luffy must have not managed to break it.
For example, this attack was strong and I think the body turns into logia mode and resists to it without breaking.
That would also explain why the body managed to freeze Luffy's arm just after : it had to be turned in ice before to freeze it : said in a SBS.
So, at that moment, it must have been definitely the ice mode that managed to endure Luffy's attack.
No, no, this was definitely a strong attack in the middle of a serious fight ; as the gomu gomu no " burette (=?Or is it that ice logia didn't recognize that kick as a threat? That's the hole in automatic defense theory.
) " was. Ao Kiji knew that Luffy was fighting with strong attacks, impossible an admiral would not be able to notice that.I get your point too but I cannot agree, especially about that Ki Zaru/Apoo case that bothers me. That is the first time in the manga I saw such a situation with a logia user and I find it very different from the common ones.I get what you believe. But I'm more inclined to believe that logias evade damage consciously or through trained reflex than that there is an automated devil fruit response mechanism behind it.
After all, devil fruit power is just a tool. Body itself doesn't know when it is in danger. It's up to user to control it and to avoid the damage through conscious use of his power.
nota bene : I do not agree about the " just a tool ". As I said, there were definitely prooves with the two zoans objects that a df was not only a tool.
Constantly ? No, no, that is false and we both agreed that the logia users use their power at will. But that does not mean they are constantly in their logia mode : we said it was obviously not the case.Kizaru seems to use his power constantly. Before Apoo, the bullets just went through his head. After, Usopp and Brooke couldn't harm him.
That is indeed a kind of attack unknown in the OP world but sound waves normally go through light : that is basic in our real word. I do not think that Oda would make such an elementary thing different in the OP world : that would be for me a total mistake on his part.Anything that is different with Apoo is that he wasn't using physical attacks, but some sound waves. That may be the only reason why the attacks separated Kizaru's body parts instead of just going through him. That's probably the reason behind Kizaru's surprise.
That is indeed the reason why he was surprised because he does not think he could be " touched " by these kinds of things.
But I think that if he had not been surprised and knew that these were attacks, the sound waves would have gone through him like it normally does : but that is something impossible for your point of view if you really consider that this was because it was sound wave attack that it had separated Ki Zaru's body parts. If you agree that if he had not been surprised, the sound waves would have gone through him as it normally does with the others attacks, you must accept that it was because he was surprised that it did not go through him, and not because it was a sound wave attack.
Last edited:

