Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo is a short that teaches how to draw manga, written and illustrated by the guys who did Eyeshield. It appears in every issue, consider it unranked.
Thanks lol I never knew
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What is this? lol I'm clueless.
Hettapi Manga is a short special corner that comes up every now and then, about drawing manga ;)


Greatest TOC ever :D

Somewhere, Bomber and Noodles are very, very, very happy!
I can see them both either having heart attacks or foaming in the mouth... :p

We need to have the doctors (or vets) ready!
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What the hell? Gintama is that high? God Damn, really impressive. Medaka gets ranked near the middle, saw it coming, glad it wasn't all the way in the bottom.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

TOC, by Himajin:



2009-31

Naruto (Cover + Lead CP)
Gintama
One Piece
Inumaru
Sket Dance
Lock On (One-shot, CP)
Mago
Akaboshi
Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo
Bleach (CP)
Medaka
Reborn
Beelze (CP)
Kochi Kame
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoop (Final)
Jaguar
This is one wacky ToC. XD

Gintama number one for the first time in ages and Sket number four? I'm happy to see Sket rise so far to the top. Mago bursting into the top 5 was unexpected as well. But if this is during that onmyouji fight it is a well deserved ranking. If things start looking up for those two I will be pleased. [noparse]:D[/noparse]

Medaka's first official ranking has it at number 7. That is just wonderful to me if it consistently remains in that bracket. If it ever breaks into the top 5 I'll be elated. Reborn follows after it which is fine.

*waves to Hoop and grumbles at Bleach color*
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hettapi Manga is a short special corner that comes up every now and then, about drawing manga ;)
i have 2 shonen jumps at home and saw it there,but when i looked up here on MH i could only find the RAWs for it

does someone bother to scanlate Hettapi Manga or does someone know where i can read it in english??

thanks beforehand:)
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Mago and Sket in the top 5 is just an amazing news. If Psyren could rise as a well, I'll be even more glad.
This is just another proof that Mago will rank high if it's in a good arc.
I just hope that Hiroshi-Sensei can make the present arc even better. If he does, Mago rising in popularity will not be a dream anymore
 
Last edited:

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

(checks back) 8 weeks ago, Gintama both had a CP and the beginning of an extremely epic battle. I knew it would poll well but...1ST!?!?! I guess when Sorachi does it, he really does it.

The whole poll this week is warped but I still like it. Sket and Mago in the top five is probably just as shocking...though somehow if Bleach didn't have a CP, we would see one of them knocked out. And...well, Hoop, we really didn't know you that well but we did know that you spent most of the time in the basement...such a pity for it's fans sake.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

i have 2 shonen jumps at home and saw it there,but when i looked up here on MH i could only find the RAWs for it

does someone bother to scanlate Hettapi Manga or does someone know where i can read it in english??

thanks beforehand:)
I can't recall anyone translating this before... I mean I'm surprised that there are raws for it at all ;)




With this ToC, I think it's safe to say that we'll be seeing chaos ahead in the coming weeks, with 3 more new series joining in... :p
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I really like this week's ToC for its dynamics in the top. Gintama rocketing up there is welcome. Sket and Mago are impressive and Inumaru seems like he doesn't want to leave his place in the sun.

With this ToC, I think it's safe to say that we'll be seeing chaos ahead in the coming weeks, with 3 more new series joining in... :p
qft!
I'm really looking forward to some movement...I hated those static ToCs we had not too long ago. It's got a fresher feeling like this. : )
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Naruto (Cover + Lead CP)
Gintama
One Piece
Inumaru
Sket Dance
Lock On (One-shot, CP)
Mago
Akaboshi
Hetappi Manga Kengyuujo
Bleach (CP)
Medaka
Reborn
Beelze (CP)
Kochi Kame
Psyren
Kuroko
Bakuman
ToLoveRu
Hoop (Final)
Jaguar
Is this ranking is really true? I can't believe that Gintama, Sket Dance, and Mago are in top 5, but more surprising is that Gintama beats One Piece. This is really weird ranking. Is Gintama's ranking is on climax of Jiraia arc? Also, I hope Mago stay on top or middle in a while, so I hope that rumor about cancelation of Mago can be false.

In Medaka's first ranking, I expect little bit more higher. And I want to see how Akaboshi going to do in their first ranking.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Is this ranking is really true? I can't believe that Gintama, Sket Dance, and Mago are in top 5, but more surprising is that Gintama beats One Piece. This is really weird ranking. Is Gintama's ranking is on climax of Jiraia arc? Also, I hope Mago stay on top or middle in a while, so I hope that rumor about cancelation of Mago can be false.

In Medaka's first ranking, I expect little bit more higher. And I want to see how Akaboshi going to do in their first ranking.
Well... unless Himajin wants to tarnish his own good name just to play everyone as a fool... it's as real as a heart attack :p
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Does anyone knows how was Inumaru's volume 2 sell? It has been on top 5 recently, so it should sold more than volume 1.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Inumaru's tankoubons have sold really badly. All like under 50,000 despite its high place in the TOC, so who knows...
I'll catch up someday.

Yeah, Gintama and Mago, who knew?
Gintama got even higher than OP, I can't remember the last time something besides Naruto was above One Piece, let alone Gintama that had been in like, 8th to last for a while...

Maybe Nyurarihyon isn't ending then...
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Perhaps the occasional surge was what changed the editors mind? (assuming that so-called "insider's info" was legit :p)
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Dunno if I said it in my post: 8 chapters back was a combination of a color page and the beginning of the battle between Gintoki & Jiraia, which could explain the bizarre top rank this time. Strangely enough, a major battle of this magnitude brings readers in even if the content before in the arc doesn't.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Preview pic for Ane-Toki:

I'm looking forward to see Ane-Toki, also the picture of Kagijin looks different from the one shot.
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I hope Anedoki (not Ane-Toki) will be a long-running series this time, unlike the short run of Hatsukoi Limited. (It's a new series and ot just a One-Shot, right? Didn't follow the announcements. :p)

Though I'm somewhat concerned about the plot being too generic... The title at least already sounds like a typical ****** or an ecchi series where at the end they aren't blood related, so it's fine! >.>; Ahem.

Since this can't be a ****** I hope I'm wrong about the not-blood-related twisted.

On a totally unrelated note:
GODF*CKINGDAMN YES! GINTAMA AT #1!!!!!
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

On a totally unrelated note:
GODF*CKINGDAMN YES! GINTAMA AT #1!!!!!
What are you talking about, no matter what the subject, that would always be related.

What does Ane Doki mean? Ane = sister, doki = ??? (heart beat sound?)
But that's just a guess.
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Preview pic for Ane-Toki:

So since this seems to have pics from all the new series does that mean that mini popo looking thing is from the third new one?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top