Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriko anime already? Shocking!
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well, here it clearly says:
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/38819/1
"Toriko Anime Version" It's in the corner, I can see it clearly now.
トリコアニメ化
Toriko Anime-version
ジャンプスーパーアニメツアー
Jump Super Anime Tour
2009
開催決定
Open Exhibition Decision

I'll try to find a scan of the article that talks about this.
If someone find it , post it here.

Jump Super Anime Tour will begin this Fall
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yeah, I probably wished I got back on sooner (what with vacation and all), but this isn't about a Toriko anime...just like a feeler OVA for the series that a lot of Jump have gotten over the years. (Gintama got it a few years back before it's anime started, as have OP & such in the past...heck, even Takeshi got one even without an actual anime) If it succeeds, it could be a go-ahead for a Toriko anime in 2010...though somehow I rather one of the series that came before it (Psyren, Mago) get it and Toriko held off until October.

As for my Gintama comment before...yes, it was biased but unfortunately it's because I just don't get what the Japanese see in some of these meaningless battles and fanservice to keep it so high. This has nothing to do with quality or about American fanbases...this is about the voters and how or why certain series seem to be voted high even if their quality appears crap...while series that strive for the highest quality (dependant on opinions I guess) are stuck sinking even with their supposed base. I know I am biased about it but I'm just a bit upset right now with the way the series has been. (though even if it does end, I know Sorachi will make it a great ending regardless since it really doesn't need too much to get to a "final arc" or to rush to it akin to certain battle series)

As for why I pick on Bleach...I guess I never saw it as a true member of the "big leagues" and sort of had this fatalist feeling it would sink and be more middling somehow. There are some series that are instantly untouchable (KochiKame, HxH, Jaguar) and there are some series that are popular regardless of quality (OP, Naruto...yeah, I said it), but Bleach never struck me as either and just seems to go on and on with what it does with people eating it up. I expected by now that some other series would have knocked it off this "big three" perch...sure I am wrong and I will be yelled from now until the day it finally either ends or something else does and it feels more like it belongs there, but I'm just stating my opinion.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriko anime already? Shocking!
It will be a single episode for the Jump Super Anime tour, screenings will be held throughout Japan. All of the anime from last years tour were streamed with English subs at the Jump portal. Do not expect a TV anime this fall; Tegami Bachi got the same treatment in 2008 but the TV series won't begin until October.

Psyren and Mago might not be on the tour, but I do expect those two to get spring anime. Despite the upcoming OVA, Toriko probably won't until fall 2010, just to guarantee there is enough chapters for a filler free first season.
 
Last edited:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriko OVA looks awesome! I really hope we get to see a Sket Dance OVA too! Psyren and Mago getting one is wishful thinking though, but it'd be great if that actually happened!
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I wouldn't expect it to get an anime really soon. More like a year from now. Otherwise the anime would just catch up with the manga. I mean, I'm pretty sure Tegami Bachi had 22 chapters when it got its own. Even with a monthly manga, that's only like 50 weekly chapter's worth. So it hasn't got a full anime yet.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Skimming through the Ane Doki translation and it honestly doesn't seem that good. Just kinda an extremely average ecchi.

But I guess I'll wait till the Edited Mangas come out before I make my final judgement.


Damn you beat me to it. XD
And ha!!! lol
 
Last edited:

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The artwork of Toriko looks better in its anime than the manga. Usually how long would the upcoming OVA be?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Most likely the length of a single episode, 23 minutes. It's not unheard of to have longer pilots.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The artwork of Toriko looks better in its anime than the manga. Usually how long would the upcoming OVA be?
I'm not exactly sure but I think they usually around 30 minutes or so. Like a regular anime episode.
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

#32 :
Cover :


Contents :


Previews :
 

Tru_TO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2009
Messages
65
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

i know this is a little off topic but:
don't you feel like Beelzebub isn't going to be a long manga and its gonna be one of those short 25-50 chapter manga? i mean after Oga beats Toushljdklf who's he gotta vs next? But i'd love to see a skirmish in heaven, but i do not see tht happening atm, so wht u think will it end before this year ends with about 25-50 chaps?
 

v3g374

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
122
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hello dear Jump masters! It's a little off, but how it's possible to buy Jump outside japan? And another one is that does anybody know some kind of Jump cover archive? I mean reeeealy an archive and not the recent years covers. Something like my favourite site http://jump.heavy.jp/ but not with these stamp size pictures. If anyone knows write here or PM me please.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

i know this is a little off topic but:
don't you feel like Beelzebub isn't going to be a long manga and its gonna be one of those short 25-50 chapter manga? i mean after Oga beats Toushljdklf who's he gotta vs next? But i'd love to see a skirmish in heaven, but i do not see tht happening atm, so wht u think will it end before this year ends with about 25-50 chaps?
No. Could you try elaborating on why you would think it would end so soon? It's already a 20 chapter manga. :s Every sign points to a long series; it's a fixture in the top six, has had a lot of color, and has a hyped first volume coming out.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Beelzebub could ONLY be a short series if the mangaka tried to keep everything contained within the Oga's school and keeping the stuff tied into Baby BL at a minimum then rushing it when it does get explored.

Quite frankly, I don't see it going that route at all. It will either continue on the path it has been with its gag and action combo or turn into a full on battle manga. I'd prefer the former but many are anticipating the latter.

It has done too well in Jump to be cut off before the 100 chapter mark imo.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hello dear Jump masters! It's a little off, but how it's possible to buy Jump outside japan?
It is...but mostly if you have connections. I'm sure there probably is a mail order if you connect with some company, but the best place to find Jump week after week in the states is if you live a local Japanese book store. (but that's mostly if you live in NYC, Chicago, Seattle or a few cities in CA such as LA and I think SF...not sure..I think Portland too but I can't quite say)

And another one is that does anybody know some kind of Jump cover archive? I mean reeeealy an archive and not the recent years covers. Something like my favourite site http://jump.heavy.jp/ but not with these stamp size pictures. If anyone knows write here or PM me please.
It's rather hard to get the weekly Jump issue covers. I know a good website that has all the covers from '68-'00, but they're all what you don't want: the small stamp-sized covers. Aside from that, there used to be a good archive on the Jump website regarding every issue cover from '03...but it seems that was eliminated with the recent redesign. (unless it's somewhere I haven't looked yet)
 

Majin_Reid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Hello dear Jump masters! It's a little off, but how it's possible to buy Jump outside japan? And another one is that does anybody know some kind of Jump cover archive? I mean reeeealy an archive and not the recent years covers. Something like my favourite site http://jump.heavy.jp/ but not with these stamp size pictures. If anyone knows write here or PM me please.
http://www.sasugabooks.com/product_info.php?cPath=67_117&products_id=47406

This is a good site if you want a single (or overpriced subscription) of Weekly Shonen Jump. After S&H it'll be around 12 bucks. Not the best, but if you live in the midwest... it's all we have. You HAVE to order the issue you want after it comes out, as in directly after the regular monday it is released. No back issues. I've only ordered once, but it arrived in perfect condition.

Also I've been posting scans of the 1996 covers at http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/ ;) ~So add those to your collection. While I'm at it... I've thought for years that this community needs to get together and create a website for archiving past TOCs and covers along with a forum specifically for discussing WSJ. But I guess there are so many forums already spread out, it would be hard to get everybody together.
 
Last edited:

v3g374

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
122
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

StrangerAtaru: Thank you for the heads up, thats what i was afraid of. Unfortunately I am from east europe and not from the US. It looks like it can't be helped.

Majin_Reid: Thank you great sir! Your site just parked in my favorites, it will be a great help. I don't understand why is so hard to find covers for the older issues...
7$ + P&P cost is too much for me for a weekly comic book, I could get it for 9$ with P&P cost, but thats also too much. For the love of god it's a 240 yen (2,5$) worth of a book and even cheaper when it's not the lastest issue.

Anyways thank you guys!
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It's always better to get in a store, but there are like, less than 10 in all of the US. Then somewhere in the neighborhood of 0 in the rest of the world besides Japan.

But yeah, it's not really worth trying to get Jump delivered. Even if you do buy it it'll get there a week or so after the street date, which is 3 days after the date ya get it online. Making it a week and a half late.
 
Last edited:

Majin_Reid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

But yeah, it's not really worth trying to get Jump delivered.
It is definitely not worth it to get Jump delivered on a normal issue... but when it's an issue that comes around once in a decade or so, as in the 2000th issue, it is totally worth it. :amuse

I would say it's hard to find covers of older issues because most of them have been recycled~ There are other older scans floating around out there... They just haven't been discovered by the masses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top