Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hmmmm. Liliental got a cover, which Inumaru and Wajimania didn't got theirs.
 

pandaaqueen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2008
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
1,363
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I kinda like the cover :-D
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hmmmm. Liliental got a cover, which Inumaru and Wajimania didn't got theirs.
Probably because the other two are 9-page series.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hm...I've been meaning to ask, since first chapters are usually about 50 pages, how long are the first chapters of the gag manga that are regularly 9 pages long? Seems a bit odd if it's still only 9 pages.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Well, Lilienthal is getting 50+ pages, and I think Waji's first chapter was separated into two. Not sure about others.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

The cover doesn't appeal to me.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

[Cross];1561263 said:
Hm...I've been meaning to ask, since first chapters are usually about 50 pages, how long are the first chapters of the gag manga that are regularly 9 pages long? Seems a bit odd if it's still only 9 pages.
They're not that much longer than normal 19-page series in Jump.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

[Cross];1561263 said:
Hm...I've been meaning to ask, since first chapters are usually about 50 pages, how long are the first chapters of the gag manga that are regularly 9 pages long? Seems a bit odd if it's still only 9 pages.
Generally 25p. Give or take a few.

As Ruggia said Lilienthal is not a Waji/Inumaru/Jaguar style gag manga. It will be getting full 20p. chapters. The one shot was 40p. Comedy series don't have to be short ;) I do plan on reading this if translated, the one shot looked intersting!
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Generally 25p. Give or take a few.

As Ruggia said Lilienthal is not a Waji/Inumaru/Jaguar style gag manga. It will be getting full 20p. chapters. The one shot was 40p. Comedy series don't have to be short ;) I do plan on reading this if translated, the one shot looked intersting!
Oh yeah, my question was baseless, I wasn't referring to Lilienthal.
In any case, I took a look at the raw, i'm getting a little keroro gunsou feel from it, talking animal, boy and girl, hilarity ensues.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I kinda like the cover for some reason...maybe its the dog :tem

Hope someone does get around to scanning it, looks like fun.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Like I said before about the One shot, It reminds me of an early Keroro Gunsou. Now if it becomes like a recent Keroro Gunsou, that could be a problem....but otherwise I wish it well.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Like I said before about the One shot, It reminds me of an early Keroro Gunsou. Now if it becomes like a recent Keroro Gunsou, that could be a problem....but otherwise I wish it well.
Yeah, Keroro when it was good and not...let's just keep it going because of our massive franchise.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

An expected change to next weeks issue, reported by Raw - Paradise:

Issue 43: Bakuman (cover), Lilienthal (cover, 29p.), Beelzebub, Nurarihyon no Mago (color).

Bakuman gets it's lost cover back, at Mago's expense. I love both series so I have mixed feelings but it's been so long since Mago was on the cover. With three color series it remains to be seen who gets front middle and back, I listed them here in the order Raw - Paradise did, when the TOC comes out we'll see what the actual order is.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I think I would liked a Mago cover better , but o well, I'll accept Bakuman on it and hope its good.
 

hdiuy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
1,885
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Im curious is there some kind of popularity chart in WSJ; like how popular a chapter of a certain manga is everyweek etc?
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Im curious is there some kind of popularity chart in WSJ; like how popular a chapter of a certain manga is everyweek etc?
Yes. It is called a TOC (Table of Contents). Readers vote for their three favorite series each week. The series are put in order from most popular to least popular with the most popular being at the top.
 
Last edited:

hdiuy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
1,885
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Yes. It is called a TOC (Table of Contents). Readers vote for their three favorite series each week. The series are put in order from most popular to least popular with the most popular being at the top.
you should read the first post (well, technically the second post) of this thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52223
Thanks alot guys. I'll go find it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top