Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Its great to see DGM getting color again in Dec issue.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

So he is starting in February huh? That really is sooner then I expected. I'd actually like if he started something new rather then rehashing old series and ideas.

Nice, seems 4 of my favorite SQ series get color in January. I never noticed how many one shots Jump SQ runs in each volume though.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It'd be a new series from the SQ spoiler pic.
A bit of shame though (not from me, I don't really care one way or the other, as anything from Yabuki would be great news)... Those anticipating a Black Cat sequel are probably going to weep for another 4 years or so :p

However, I'm really surprised by the fact that Yabuki beats out Kanou, Nishi, Matsui, and even Murata, to start serializing again...
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

coming back already huh.
and i thought the rumors said he is having "personal" problems with his wife and kid.
well, i guess they were wrong.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

coming back already huh.
and i thought the rumors said he is having "personal" problems with his wife and kid.
well, i guess they were wrong.
He split from his wife early this year, and had a pretty nasty on going divorce/custody battle for his baby girl.

The custody part was settled about 2~3 months ago (he's getting full custody, meaning he's going to be a single parent...), but the divorce wasn't.

I guess having moved to SQ and starting again so soon is a telling sign that the whole mess has been resolved, and being with a monthly magazine would give him more time to spend with his daughter ;)
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

However, I'm really surprised by the fact that Yabuki beats out Kanou, Nishi, Matsui, and even Murata, to start serializing again...
Well, I don't know if we can call it a "beat". Maybe these mangakas aren't interested in get serialized in a monthly magazine.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

So he is starting in February huh? That really is sooner then I expected. I'd actually like if he started something new rather then rehashing old series and ideas.
Even sooner... since it's February issue, which comes out on January 4th :p
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It'd be a new series from the SQ spoiler pic.
A bit of shame though (not from me, I don't really care one way or the other, as anything from Yabuki would be great news)... Those anticipating a Black Cat sequel are probably going to weep for another 4 years or so :p

However, I'm really surprised by the fact that Yabuki beats out Kanou, Nishi, Matsui, and even Murata, to start serializing again...
I'm glad to hear that. Sequels and "Part 2s" tend to really suck and are a far cry from the originals quality. We already have an example in this very magazine...

Ha, Shueisha must really like him. Maybe Yabuki had already been planning on something months in advance. Or the others might want to give WSJ another go. I really wish Kanou wouldn't though because he seems to have horrible luck with it.

I'd actually like seeing a few of them in SQ though. :tem

Even sooner... since it's February issue, which comes out on January 4th :p
Wonderful news indeed!
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It'd be a new series from the SQ spoiler pic.
A bit of shame though (not from me, I don't really care one way or the other, as anything from Yabuki would be great news)... Those anticipating a Black Cat sequel are probably going to weep for another 4 years or so :p

However, I'm really surprised by the fact that Yabuki beats out Kanou, Nishi, Matsui, and even Murata, to start serializing again...
I'm glad it won't be a sequel or continuation. It would be a shame if SQ became a WSJ dumping ground. I was surprised he was coming back so fast at first, now that I think about he hasn't been a writer for four years. He could have at least writing drafts towards the end of ToRa.
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Its great to see DGM getting color again in Dec issue.
Same here.:D Been so long since I'm so looking forward to it.xD
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I'm glad it won't be a sequel to anything as well. I just hope he comes up with something better than Black Cat and To Love-ru. And D. Gray-man getting two colors in a row is great news!
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Just saw the notice about this on the official SQ page: Embalming didn't appear in the current issue due to a problem with the deadline but will resume as usual for the next issue.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

There's another rumor (or, rather, more like connecting the dots), that Yabuki will be in charge of the comic serialization of a Shueisha light novel titled "Mayoi Neko Over-run".

Mayoi Neko's comic serialization in SQ was annouced back around September/October, with the mangaka unannounced... And a month or so later, we have news confirming Yabuki's move to SQ. Therefore, it is possible to tie the two together and say that Yabuki might be in charge of that.

It would certainly explain the lack of preparation time for a new series, and lack of testing 1-shot beforehand.

Of course, this is all just guessing... So take it with a bucket of salt :P
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I heard that Watsuki is going to be on hiatus.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong

Rishu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Is the "Clematis Shoe Shop" thing by Mayu Sakai the same one-shot published in Ribon Fantasy last month? :blink
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I've heard Hetappi Manga Kenkyuujo R is now running in Jump SQ? Can anyone verify this? And also are there volumes of it out?

I enjoy reading this, someone should scanslate this. Or at least put up more raws of it.
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Sorry, haven't heard any news of that. It's supposed to be serialized once a month in Weekly Jump, according to the Japanese wiki anyway.
 
Last edited:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

So what's Yabuki's new one-shot about?

Moderator Notice:
Not a one shot, it will be a full serial.~ Kaiten.Sama
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top