Re: xxxHolic 191 Discussion/192 Predictions Thread
I'm not sure that the "Day that must come" and the reason why the the shop was created, "for that day" are the same. If not, the former would be when Yuuko disappeared & Watanuki inherited the shop. The latter would still be coming up; perhaps it is for when the egg is used. The shop/storeroom itself is important - I wouldn't be surprised if it still has a significant role to play. In fact, I'd be somewhat disappointed if it didn't.
On a side note, what do you think would happen if the shop didn't have an owner? There's a lot of powerful, magical items in it.
It is significant that the man's face wasn't shown in the vision that Watanuki saw when the plectrum struck the shamisen. In T.R. Chronicle, Shaoran's parent's faces were not shown in the picture ... because they changed & because it would have spoiled the climax of the plot. So I think it is someone we know. Watanuki also seemed surprised when he saw the man. Did he recognize the person? Is it himself?
I think that Shaoran/Tsubasa and crew are showing up next because Mokona said that they needed sake for 6 (though Watanuki took it for multiplying): Watanuki, Mokona, Doumeki, Shaoran/Tsubasa, Fai, & Kurogane. So...they're coming and Doumeki will be there with the egg. I think that the egg is for Shaoran/Tsubasa & crew...that what is born of it may perhaps be the solution that Shaoran/Tsubasa is looking for that will also release Watanuki. Because they are the same & Doumeki said he couldn't use the egg for Watanuki.
Personally, I like the shamisen arc. :-) It's interesting to see Watanuki at work as the shop owner. I also like that he has changed because that's a big theme in xxxHolic, that people meet and change comes from that meeting.