Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hokenshitsu is out of bottom 5, so it might be safe from this round. But, looks like Rilienthal is in bad position. And I'm kind of feeling like Ane Dokii is yo-yoing. Also, I think Sket's colour is meant for the result of popular episode poll, which started at chapter 105.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm cool with this Bottom ToC...mostly for 2 reasons:
*Hell yeah!! Mago, way to go. *happy*
*And Kawaguchi's work in Akamaru. Just when I finished Hoopmen...hope that someone will scan it.^^
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I don't like it either... but someone has to be in the bottom :p
While I'm not THAT worried about Psyren, Medaka really needs to get out of there.
Ane-Doki continues to be in and out of bottom 5, but the 8 week average ranking is... rather horrible (15.1, making it second worst following Medaka).
Psyren is one of those series I'll always be a little uncomfortable with. It's been popular enough that there is always something less popular, not popular enough to be considered a hit. While I can't imagine it ending soon there is a limit. I think Ane - Doki will end soon. Before Golden Week. Just a bad feeling. Medaka has yo - yo'ed a bit lately. That's better then being permanently in the bottom five, I'm not sure it's enough to escape the next round of cancellations. I'm kind of resigned to seeing either it or Ane - Doki ending with Shinigami. The latter is not a good series. Medaka and Ane Doki would be missed.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hokenshitsu is out of bottom 5, so it might be safe from this round. But, looks like Rilienthal is in bad position. And I'm kind of feeling like Ane Dokii is yo-yoing. Also, I think Sket's colour is meant for the result of popular episode poll, which started at chapter 105.
Well, Ane isn't really Yo-Yoing compare to Psyren. I mean Psyren is able to get in to top 10 (or even top 5) every now and then, but Ane spends a lot of time in bottom 5 or near the bottom as of late.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Medaka in the bottom again, and Ane is back out. Medaka looks like a goner.

I"m surprised by Hokenshitsu moving out of bottom 5. I wonder if its going to be doing this quite often. Ril is doing bad, probably one of the next cut.

and wow. seems like Mago beat Toriko into getting an anime first. thats fast.

if not, one piece can be canceled?
if OP sales suddenly drop to zero and get no votes what so ever..... I'm not sure if thats enough for OP to get canceled.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Ah so mago is getting an anime, Koshi_Inaba I owe you a coke. Good news nonetheless, with the let down Tegami Bachi was, I'm looking forward to something good. Medaka is in a really bad position, while it is yo-yo'ing, it isn't something too significant, simply in and out of the bottom 5 while straggling just outside the bottom 5 when it's out of it. Suffice it to say, Medaka will most likely be the next cut whenever there will be one. Rilienthal is still a wild card, if it had ranked well this week, my opinion would have been otherwise. Nice to see Sket Dance get a colour page, it seems to have been getting quite a few of them these past couple of months.
 
Last edited:

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm cool with this Bottom ToC...mostly for 2 reasons:
*Hell yeah!! Mago, way to go. *happy*
*And Kawaguchi's work in Akamaru. Just when I finished Hoopmen...hope that someone will scan it.^^
I would think that someone over at Raw-Paradise would scan it... but you can always PM them and ask ;)

I'm also looking foward to see Kawaguchi's work again. I don't care what other people says, Hoopman was very nice, especially toward the end :p
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Sad that I'm starting to like medaka again and it seems like it's going to be cancelled.

I'm happy for Mago. Any clue of when the anime is going to start. It would be cool in this fall bt seems to early perhaps spring 2010
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Psyren yo-yoing is so common that by now it's learned a few tricks. Not sure what tricks but it's probably impressive. Beezle and Toriko being down there, though, is surprising.

No real surprise on the Mago anime though...and to whomever asked: if an anime is announced around this time of year, then it's 99% guaranteed that it's coming in April, 2010. (though I do hope we get more info on the studio and such)
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Sucks to be Medaka after doing a good job last week. It would be safer if it fluctuated a bit more. Psyren plummeting that far is downright scary. That is quite a drop...

Toriko and Beelzebub falling down together is weird to see considering Jump has high hopes for both. Lilienthal more or less hasn't improved. The Japanese really made me unhappy this week.

Well, nice to see that Mago has an anime on the way and Sket Dance will be getting a color page.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I think reason for Rilienthal being low is not because of it is bad, I think because it is not Jump-like series. I think Rilienthal should have serialized in different magazine. I think at this rate Rilienthal might going to get axed with Medaka. I'm not really sure about Ane Dokii, so I'll make judgement how it'll do on next issue.
 

wingman32x

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Good to see Ane Doki pull out again. At least it bounces back each time it hits the bottom 5. It hurts to see medaka dead last, I've been enjoying it recently. If one of the two has to go, I'd rather have medaka go tbh. Just personal preference. It really could go either way.
 

Jase

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 28, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I would think that someone over at Raw-Paradise would scan it... but you can always PM them and ask ;)

I'm also looking foward to see Kawaguchi's work again. I don't care what other people says, Hoopman was very nice, especially toward the end :p
Did any more of the last Akamaru get scanned besides D.Gray-Man? I was always curious how some of the stuff in there like Shrapnel and Takamagahara turned out.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I think reason for Rilienthal being low is not because of it is bad, I think because it is not Jump-like series. I think Rilienthal should have serialized in different magazine. I think at this rate Rilienthal might going to get axed with Medaka. I'm not really sure about Ane Dokii, so I'll make judgement how it'll do on next issue.
I personally think Hokenshitsu will end before Rilienthal. As long as their results are close (for now they are) Hokenshitsu will end first because it is more typically Jump. It happens every time; the typically Jump Akesboshi is ended before Medaka even though the latter really didn't poll that much better. Sket ended before le Visiteur under similar circumstances.

Rilienthal is very Jump like IMO. Just not like Jump has been the last few years with the Naruto/Bleach style tournament series dominating the magazine. With fighting manga after fighting manga failing to catch on Jump is changing into a more eclectic magazine. More off beat series, action or no, are finding a place in the magazine. Rilienthal may not be my favorite series, granted that's after only two chapters, but it has been much better than most of what has come in 2009. I'll root for it.
 

Jase

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 28, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I hope Ane Doki survives. Have never read Lilienthal or Hokenshitsu, so I'm not really sure how god or bad those series really are. I'm reading and (somewhat) enjoying Medaka, and while I find its Class 13 storyline kind of intriguing, I still think its transformation into a battle manga felt rushed and wasn't transitioned as well as it could have been. That's why I'm not too optimistic about its future in the rankings. It's kind of a weird series. It started out looking like it was gonna be an ecchi school life type of series, started to look like a reverse harem for a second, and now looks like its dipping into a scifi-ish fighting story.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Beelzebub is in the bottom for another week but I have hopes that it will rise next week. Psyren is just a wtf moment. It can't afford to spend to much time in the bottom. Medaka is gonna get canceled imo, I would prefer Shinigmai go with it but Rilienthal or Ane Doki might get that honor, or even all of them if Jump has enough new series lined up.

Mago anime makes my day complete already!!!
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Is Beelzebub getting the Kuroko treatment? =P
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Whoot, Mago's getting a well deserved anime. I really can't wait to see some of the fights in motion. If the studio does a good job, it should be freaking amazing. Anyways, does an anime (when it starts airing) generally equal more tank sales?
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I... really did not see Mago getting an anime first at all.

But this is awesome regardless.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'll be interested to find out who is behind the Mago animation. It could be either really good or really bad depending on the studio.

when manga in jump are out of danger of canceling?! if is there such thing
if not, one piece can be canceled?
Well, Kochikame and Jaguar will probably run until their authors get tired of doing them. One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn and Gintama are also all popular enough that they'll never be in danger of cancellation, barring a huge and sudden collapse in popularity, or one of their authors getting involved in a sex scandal or something.

Bakuman has also established itself with strong enough sales, and Mago has an anime coming, so it should be safe as long as the anime is airing. Torko, Beelzebub, Sket Dance and Kuroko are all doing well in sales, so they're also not really in any immediate danger. This group isn't completely immune the way the first group I mentioned are, but they should all feel reasonably safe.

Psyren is really the only pre-2009 series that could be considered to be in danger of being canceled.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top