Archived Hangout Thread v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
wow big eater are we? I've eaten quite a lot today too; I'm a messy eater when I stay at home. I had all sorts. So any valentines plans tomorrow? Anybody?
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Goldb, Naah man, carissma only got back today, so no can do....am quite upset but, my friend is having a party tomorrow only for single people.... am gonna sneak in still...

What you gonna do???
 

Oblivion

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
773
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
ehheh you guys should get together and drink beer, watch Die Hard while sitting in your underwear and one hand in them Al Bundy style and making women-jokes. Play Poker afterwars and smoke fat cigars.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Code Geass looks good! I will check it out later. :thumbs

Oh hello Goody! :tem It's the first time I've seen you in the hangout thread. *I'm hoping it won't be the last! :s*
Hey Jin! Yeah, I used to be around the hangout thread more often. Dunno what happened really, but I'm trying to be around here a little more. :amuse

Yeah, you should check out Code Geass! It's an awesome series. (Grizz, you gotta spoiler tag stuff like that, dude! I went ahead and did it for you. ;)).

Also, I feel your pain with Valentine's day shopping. My store was swamped today with guys buying cards, flowers, and candy. Especially the floral area, which is not very big, but had at least 10 - 15 guys in it at all times. They all looked so frantic to get something quickly, too. :XD
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
One of my mates got dumped by his gf on Valentine's day :lmao
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Code Geass and Awesome in one sentence? WHAT HAS BECOME OF THIS WORLD?! D:
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I've never seen Code Geass.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
You're not missing out on anything except for probably the most hyped up anime from the 21st century.

It doesn't offer anything special. Cliche shounen stuff, weird eye-powers, cliche character, cliche storyline, crappy sequel, crappy spin-offs, etc. etc.

I'm not saying it's bad (well, in a way I did), but it's nothing to be called "awesome".
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Aww, come on. It's true that there was a lot of hype around Code Geass, but you're exaggerating. It's not *that* bad or cliche. The mecha parts were a bit boring for me, but most of it was very good (downgrading from "awesome", ok? :p). And I'm sorry, but you're a robot if tears don't at least well up for you at the end of R2. Seriously. :shakefist
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
How can you actually call it "not cliche". It's everything we've seen before..

And I've never seen R2, I actually dropped the first season, which I picked up for the sake of completion. But I couldn't care less about R2 and the other CG stuff.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I didn't say Geass was completely devoid of cliche. It's certainly not. Doesn't mean it's not an entertaining series, imo. :p
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How can you actually call it "not cliche". It's everything we've seen before..

And I've never seen R2, I actually dropped the first season, which I picked up for the sake of completion. But I couldn't care less about R2 and the other CG stuff.
fail s'moar, R1 was awesome. Though, the series did become a trainwreck in R2, shit got really stupid fast. Looking back though, CG just had all the elements that clicked together and made it work. It had the school setting, the realistic mech fights, the intriguing characters, the chick in a box, supernatural powers and a pretty cool main lead. R2 threw all that out the window for craptastic cliches, and stupid over the top mech fights. Still a pretty good series.

and if we're talking overhyped anime of the 21st century, my vote goes to Haruhi. Sure it was good, but damn it wasn't anything mind blowing
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
One of my mates got dumped by his gf on Valentine's day :lmao
Jesus christ, that's so harsh >_>

Why couldn't she have done it the day before, or maybe a few weeks before would have been more appropriate in case he had bought a gift for her. I sure hope he didn't buy something good, give it to her and got dumped afterwards :p
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Oooh that's cold...I was around town shopping( to distract myself of my loneliness) and there were so many girls walking around alone holding roses, as if their partners said "i'll be right back" and never came...shame, and i thought i was sad...

Turned out to be a fun day nonetheless, there was an Adam Sandler marathon on TV that continues next week.
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Oooh! people stop hating on code geass, its one of the best animes ive watched so far, dont you dare insult my anime...lol...

Ooh, thats a shame being dumped on valentines day then i see... well at least it was on the phone....
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
@ Goody – You should definitely visit the hangout thread more often! Stop hiding in your own thread. :p

haha You experienced crazy customers rushing to purchase random gifts in the last minute as well hey?! :amuse We had this one dude who looked so paranoid in the gifts section it was hilarious. He was sweating so much while staring at all the gift options xD…as if his life depended on this one purchase LOL….in the end he bought a Marc Jacobs gift set….I hope it was worth it. xD :tem

I’ll check out Code Geass when I get the chance! *So many things already on my list to check out lol*

@ Weapon_X – :o That’s cold.

@ 3cmm - if he did buy a special gift for her well....all I can say is; I hope he kept the receipt! xD *Refund that b*tch!*

@ goldb – wtf chicks with roses by themselves?? DAMN! *plays lonely by Akon* xD
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
If it's one of the best anime's you've seen so far, you probably haven't seen a lot. And no, that's not sarcasm.

I mean, I can understand how people love the show and think it's great, but one of the best shows just doesn't fit Code Geass. Unless you're a hype-person and just think Code Geass, Haruhi and Lucky Star are the best things ever happened to the world of anime.
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
If it's one of the best anime's you've seen so far, you probably haven't seen a lot. And no, that's not sarcasm.

I mean, I can understand how people love the show and think it's great, but one of the best shows just doesn't fit Code Geass. Unless you're a hype-person and just think Code Geass, Haruhi and Lucky Star are the best things ever happened to the world of anime.
Well that's what i think anyways, i have a small fetish for those kind of animes, am not saying its best one, of course not.. Ive seen far better, but regarding on how the whole story was told, i thought it was pretty cool.

Haruhi and lucky star? Oooh please, ive never heard of those 2 till now, and to the sound of it, it sounds really S***, so am not gonna bother even trying to watch that.. sounds too girlie anyways..


@ Buggy.. you should really watch it, don't listen to what all these haters and morons are saying about it, just watch it and give us your own opinion on it G...
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Well, I only mentioned them because those three are the biggest overrated hyped up anime's of all time. And yes, that's a fact. Not just my opinion.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Jesus christ, that's so harsh >_>

Why couldn't she have done it the day before, or maybe a few weeks before would have been more appropriate in case he had bought a gift for her. I sure hope he didn't buy something good, give it to her and got dumped afterwards :p
Thing is, after work he went clubbing and got pissed, totally forgot about his gf. They were meant to meet up at a restuarant in town after he finished work, she arrived but he didn't. From what I've heard she was in tears.

That's why I am LOL'ing at my mate, but I felt sorry for the girl :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top