Archived Hangout Thread v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Loool now that I think about it it's true; there are shows that I just can't stay awake to. it used to be documentaries but as I've grown older, I now love them...
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I forgot what curling was...then I was at B-Dubs with a few friends and it was on. We constantly made fun of it during the night, haha!
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
^ I love commenting on curling. Like, turn the volume down and really exaggerate.

"Oh, oh look at her sweep! And the stone is going, going, going, could they score a point here, they very well could, it's looking good and YES! KNOCKED THE OTHER TEAM'S STONE RIGHT OUT OF THE CIRCLE! SCORE! SCORE! And just LOOK how happy they are!!!"

I'd love to see the commentators on TV act like that. In reality they're mostly silent and say something like "Mmmhmm, yeah that was a well placed guard....." every five minutes or something. :darn
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I don't actually find curling difficult to watch. If you just sit down and concentrate on what's going on you can really get into it. Have to say some of the women on the Russian team are quite attractive so that may have helped keep my attention. But even still it really isn't bad, just give it a chance.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Curling is pathetic. :oh All that deep concentration, breathing and silence for what?..To toss a stone across ice?? lol
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Have to say some of the women on the Russian team are quite attractive so that may have helped keep my attention.
All my male friends commented on the females playing. "At least we have eye candy."
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hey MH folks! :tem

:blink How's everyone doing? :shifty
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
very good cheers for asking. I've finally reached Belgium and I'm staying at my bro's place. I still find the "azerty" keyboards very annoying even today...
My trip was so long, after a 3 hour wait at Dover and 2 coach changes we finally made it to Liege with a 4HOUR DELAY!!!! but it's all forgotten now...

how's everyone else?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
:nuts Oh cool goldb! I hope your enjoying it so far dude! :thumbs


LOL 4 hour delay :darn you know! Damn! Well, at least you made it safely to Belgium! :)
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm still sad that Ohno didn't win Gold. Bronze is good though, especially for his fault in the race. His move in the semi-finals was so awesome, though.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
^ Tbh Vancouver 2010 has been disappointing *so far*...I expected more awesomeness! :shakefist I'm hoping that the bobsleigh runs will be enjoyable to watch :woo....compared to the curling. :bored



Cool Runnings was the shiz back in the day! :cool:

I love that movie! :D
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^ Tbh Vancouver 2010 has been disappointing *so far*...I expected more awesomeness! :shakefist I'm hoping that the bobsleigh runs will be enjoyable to watch :woo....compared to the curling. :bored
Eh. I never intently watch the Olympics. I casually tuned in when Ohno was on, which made me happy since I've always enjoyed watching him perform. Summer Olympics have more event I like watching.

And on a side note: I'm getting my DS games back! I had lost four games about a week ago, but the hotel I stayed at found them. =) Such a pain that UPS is charging my parents $30 just for a small case with four games in them...
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
the olympics is over, fuck. im depressed.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Olympics?Guess i missed it...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Aaaaaaaahhhh hello MH!!! writing to you from Krakow, Poland! the final stop before going back to Belgium. Though we only got to Krakow today it's the best of 3 cities we've visited. We were in Wraclow from Monday to Wednesday, Warsaw from Wednesday to today and Krakow til Monday. It's a great joruney, such friendly people; it's been so much fun trying to explain the simplest thing using nothing but english and signs to a person who doesn't understand your language.

The pics will be up in a few days, we're going to the Salt Mines in Wieleizka tomorrow, so many more pics!!! Hope you guys are good!!!
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm glad you've been having fun!

And what's up with MH? Who broke the code for Firefox?
 

soDeq05

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
976
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
And what's up with MH? Who broke the code for Firefox?
really?
i'm using Firefox too and it works fine with me. :amuse
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Seems its just me. Weird. Oh well. IE works fine, so I'll just use that to browse the forums.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I switch between Firefox & IE a lot lol. I don't even know why! Depends on my mood I guess..:amuse
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm using FF and it's been working fine for me. Although, I also sometimes browse MH using Safari on my phone. A couple of days ago when I was doing this, I was temporarily getting the same type of screen for the forum that you posted here, but I just thought it was due to the forum updates that the techs were working on. It's working fine on both Safari and FF for me now, though. *shrug*

Oh well, at least you're able to get on here normally again so you can feed what I am assuming is a MH addiction (it's ok, I've got it, too :p). That's all that matters. :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top