Shoujo Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

goal

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
67
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Hikaru? Why would she end up with Hikaru!

Most probably Ren, but Shou is a contender.

I am looking forward to more scenes with Ren & Shou. Their interaction with Kyoko is always so good!!
I don't like it when she gives us a dose of then doesnt bring them back for around 10 chapters.
 

KayalhawK

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

The pink suits are back! I can't wait to see their jobs...heheheh...
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Chapter 152 is out!!! And wow, there is a huge surprise in this chapter, one that left me
when I reached the last page! I can’t wait to discuss this chapter with other fans.:)
 

Erimia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2007
Messages
67
Reaction score
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Yay, started this manga a few days ago. Can't say it's the best thing ever, but it keeps my interest.

Chapter 152 is out!!! And wow, there is a huge surprise in this chapter, one that left me
when I reached the last page! I can’t wait to discuss this chapter with other fans.:)
Oh I totally knew that, Ren's real self was going to come out at one point or another. I just didn't expect to see it so soon.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Chapter 153 is out!:)

Oh I totally knew that, Ren's real self was going to come out at one point or another. I just didn't expect to see it so soon.
After reading chapter 152 I was playing in my mind with the theory that this person could be Ren’s evil twin but I was so wrong! You were right Erimia, it was Ren himself, but…there is still a nice surprise in the new chapter that I shall not reveal yet because it is kind of spoilerish.
 

Erimia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2007
Messages
67
Reaction score
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Thanks!


Shoot as soon as he behaved himself, I figured that it was for his role that he's playing. That role required him to get his old self slip out somewhat, and that's what he used to be like, I believe. I'm a bit disappointed that it's still pretense, and unless he shows his true self and his past to Kyoko and she embraces it, they cannot be together.

I guess I want to see them together already :( why must it take so long?
 

Elleian

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

anyone know which chapter shows the whole corn flashback??
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

anyone know which chapter shows the whole corn flashback??
The flashbacks about corn happened in different chapters…so it’s not just one. Do you want the links to all those chapters or there is a specific corn moment you have in mind?

BTW, chapter 155 is out!!!:)
 

goal

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
67
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I only read the parts where Kyoko is interacting with Ren or Shou, and skip the rest. But when the chapter is about them it is a lot of fun.
I hope their Kyoko and Ren's romance progresses a little bit. I know the pace of romantic development is bound to be super slow in this manga. But I can realistically hope for a little development, perhaps not even an inch, just a cm?

Secondly I am wondering if Shou will see Kyoko in this get- up? hmmmm:)
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I hope their Kyoko and Ren's romance progresses a little bit. I know the pace of romantic development is bound to be super slow in this manga. But I can realistically hope for a little development, perhaps not even an inch, just a cm?
I agree, I would like for Ren and Kyoko’s romantic progress to move a bit faster as well, hopefully this new arc will help do just that. :)
Secondly I am wondering if Shou will see Kyoko in this get- up? hmmmm:)
Great point, goal! I hope Sho does see Kyoko like that. ;)
 

Uruner

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
61
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I realy liked this series.... until the end of arc when Kyoko was filming drama "Box-R" .... witch was splendid by the way.... I just love the parts of this manga that show how she strugles with roles and comes up with unexpected firm victory.... the Natsu charachter that she created was extraordynary.... the best part of this manga i think... either way... since then i didn't see anything noteworthy... This past 2 chapters show some interesting development that might lead somewhere nice.... but... last 30 chapters were too........... girlish .... :D trough i guess it's what u would expect from shoujo..... i hope story will go back on track soon...
 

Elleian

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

The flashbacks about corn happened in different chapters…so it’s not just one. Do you want the links to all those chapters or there is a specific corn moment you have in mind?
It'd be fantastic if you were to link all of them.. though i wouldn't want to impose. So if it's a bit too much then nevermindd I'll just reread it eventually and bookmark the parts.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

It'd be fantastic if you were to link all of them.. though i wouldn't want to impose. So if it's a bit too much then nevermindd I'll just reread it eventually and bookmark the parts.
I’ll start looking for them on Friday since I have a bit more free time then. I remember the moments with Corn in the anime, but I don’t remember the moments with him in the manga that well so it might take me some time to find them all.

Btw, chapter 156 is out! :)
 

Uruner

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
61
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I see u get compleatly ignored in this threat if u'r not from a gentler gender and u don't have cute avatar =^^= either way ... it was fun talking to u girls =^^= I hope this time you'll respond...

There is this one thing.... maybe i'm dense but please explain to me what is the whole point of "Corn" appearing in this manga? I understand that the memory of Kyoko might have some effect on Ren... but it's just little drop in a sea. And is keeping past a secret REALY that important? Isn't current situation what matters?
For me the whole "Corn" part of a story is just.... .... please explain it to me what is so crucial about it becouse i just don't get it....
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I see u get compleatly ignored in this threat if u'r not from a gentler gender and u don't have cute avatar =^^= either way ... it was fun talking to u girls =^^= I hope this time you'll respond...
I wasn’t ignoring you Uruner, but if I did I apologize for it. Gomen! It’s always interesting to read boys’ opinions about a shojo so I did read your post.

There is this one thing.... maybe i'm dense but please explain to me what is the whole point of "Corn" appearing in this manga? I understand that the memory of Kyoko might have some effect on Ren... but it's just little drop in a sea.
Ren is Corn when he was a little boy. Kyoko is totally unaware of this fact; she still thinks Corn was prince from a fairy land. Ren, on the other hand, is totally aware that Kyoko is that little girl he met back when he was a little boy.

And is keeping past a secret REALY that important? Isn't current situation what matters?
Yes, but in Ren’s case his past is very dark, because he wasn’t very nice and also because of his parents. So he doesn’t want to live under the shadow of his past and that’s why he keeps his past a secret, especially from Kyoko.

For me the whole "Corn" part of a story is just.... .... please explain it to me what is so crucial about it becouse i just don't get it....
“Corn” to Kyoko embodies pureness and hope; it’s also what gave her strength during so many difficult times in her life. It’s like a part of her life that was her own because it wasn’t tied to Sho, so she is very fond and protective of that.


@ Elleian: As usual RL and school work got in the way so I’m not going to be able to look for the chapters when Corn appears in the manga. :( However here are the episodes where corn appears in the anime, I hope this helps even a little bit. Episode 5, 10, 15 and 19.
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

How's the anime coming along in acc. to the manga? I haven't had time to catch up with SB! (Haven't read anything since she got the roses at Val. Day from Shou (I think it was).

Anyways, I need to catch up and this thread needs to EXPLODE in activity \o/ Woohey!

And Uru, you're not the only shoujo-reading male. We rock!
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

How's the anime coming along in acc. to the manga?
The anime's last episode was open-ended, but it was done in such a way that a second season can be done easily if the studio wants to do a second season (crossing my fingers for a second season of SB). The anime was fairly faithful to the manga, although as in the majority of anime series there are some changes between the manga and the anime.

I haven't had time to catch up with SB! (Haven't read anything since she got the roses at Val. Day from Shou (I think it was).
The next chapter after the one when Shou gives Kyoko the bouquet of flowers (if it is the one I have in mind) was awesome and so surprising! I didn’t see the major event of that chapter happening at all!

you're not the only shoujo-reading male. We rock!
I agree, I also think boys who read shoujo rock! :)
 

Uruner

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
61
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I wasn’t ignoring you Uruner, but if I did I apologize for it. Gomen! It’s always interesting to read boys’ opinions about a shojo so I did read your post.
Happy to hear that! No offence taken, and I'm sorry too for fussing over small details.

And is keeping past a secret REALY that important? Isn't current situation what matters?
For me the whole "Corn" part of a story is just.... .... please explain it to me what is so crucial about it becouse i just don't get it....
Yes, but in Ren’s case his past is very dark, because he wasn’t very nice and also because of his parents. So he doesn’t want to live under the shadow of his past and that’s why he keeps his past a secret, especially from Kyoko.

“Corn” to Kyoko embodies pureness and hope; it’s also what gave her strength during so many difficult times in her life. It’s like a part of her life that was her own because it wasn’t tied to Sho, so she is very fond and protective of that.
Hmm i guess i formed that part of the question wrong.... what i ment was... "And is revealing a secret REALY that important? " ... i guess my vagueness coused this missunderstanding.... since i read all this series and i got quite a fealing about what relations who shares with whom... my question was ment to be not about a story but rather about "womans reasoning" behind putting such an weight over discovering every detail about a past of someone they love / like / are interested in....
Couse from posts i've read it's certain that this part of story line is veeery important to You girls ...

Since i'm a male i think i know about importace of keeping a secrets .... =^^= soo your answer was directed wrong way and didn't satisfy my curiosity....

And Uru, you're not the only shoujo-reading male. We rock!
I agree, I also think boys who read shoujo rock! :)
I read everything that happens to be good. As i guess both of You do... so i guess we all rock! :D
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Happy to hear that! No offence taken, and I'm sorry too for fussing over small details.
NP. The important thing is that we can happily discussing about SB now. :)

Hmm i guess i formed that part of the question wrong.... what i ment was... "And is revealing a secret REALY that important? " ... i guess my vagueness coused this missunderstanding.... since i read all this series and i got quite a fealing about what relations who shares with whom... my question was ment to be not about a story but rather about "womans reasoning" behind putting such an weight over discovering every detail about a past of someone they love / like / are interested in....
Couse from posts i've read it's certain that this part of story line is veeery important to You girls ...
I can’t talk for the rest of the girls; I can only talk for myself. If I was Kyoko and Ren would reveal the secret about his past to me, of course it would be very important to me because he is allowing me to know more about himself, which means he completely trust me; and for me trust is a very important thing in friendships and in relationships. However, it really depends on the girl, some girls might see it as the guy not trusting her enough and as the reason as to why he kept such an important thing about his life a secret and therefore the girl might get upset. I can’t see Kyoko getting upset over Ren keeping a secret about his past as an actor (not very nice, not very professional, etc.). However, I can see Kyoko getting upset over Ren keeping the fact that he is Corn hidden from her.

Regarding wanting to know everything about the person a girl loves/ likes or is interested in…again I can only answer for myself, I think it’s because the more I know about that person the closer I feel to him.

Since i'm a male i think i know about importace of keeping a secrets .... =^^= soo your answer was directed wrong way and didn't satisfy my curiosity....
I hope my answer helped satisfy your curiosity this time. ^_^

I read everything that happens to be good. As i guess both of You do... so i guess we all rock! :D
ITA!
 

Uruner

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
61
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I hope my answer helped satisfy your curiosity this time. ^_^
It did quite well :D... but this one litte thing keeps nagging at me...

This might sound a little stiff ... but isn't keeping it a secret sometimes more important then strenghtening a bond? From what You've already said... revealing this secret might prove to destroy one of the precious supports Kyoko is using for building up her courage... Ren's past might happen to be something reaaaaaly disturbing... and demaging to their relationship...
Why i'm stirring this subject is becouse what really pisses me of is a kind of situation... where two people are in love... one keeps very inportant secret from another... revealing this secret might prove dengerous to both paries of relationship... and when the first hint of some secret comes up to mind... either relation crumbles entirely or the secret is reveled.... by reveling this secret You demage relationship and might couse helth problems... and by keeping it You also demage relationship.... is love really so frigile that one person can't bear to know that other parite is keeping one secret from them?.... What the hell is one secret in comparison to love? i would just trust my partner for this one secret and bear with it... as i'm sure most of gentler gender wouldn't even consider.... quite a different matter is when there are a lot of secrets like this one..

Trough i think I strayed a bit for this manga topic... =^^= and it's getting tad too complicated for my tastes... So let's just leave it where it is... =^^= either way Arigatou gozaimasu for Your bering with me up to this point :amuse ありがとうございます。。。
 
Top