Discussion How Powerful Is Enel considering everyone now?

Poneglyph420

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
597
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Did you read the title before you posted the last few posts?? Sure it's a grammatical nightmare but anyways..

Enel is and was one of the most bad ass characters in the first half of the Grand Line. If Enel was to return to the GL Oda has even stated he could make a name for himself and could hold his own, but not rule. (He could have up to 500,000,000 Beli Bounty!!) (SBS 43) SO based on that I'd say that he'd be bad ass, but likely to fall a truly "elite" opponent. I also think his god complex was his only big weakness.... Otherwise he'd wreak hell.. IMO.

Or maybe "Enel isn't considering anyone powerful now".. Maybe that's the proper response...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yep. I definitely agree with the person above me. Enel was and still is a bad ass character. I certainly hope we see him again in the future. I have a feeling he will eventually return one day…if Haredas & co on Weatheria Island are heading to SA (Yes, I know it was stated in the anime) what’s stopping Enel coming back from space (or wherever he is atm)? :D

I can’t wait to see those earlobes again. XD
 

cua_raitei

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 13, 2010
Messages
43
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
yeah, i hope that he'd come back someday
and join the SH's ???
 

BetaRuler

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
382
Reaction score
89
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
I think the speed issue is comparable to Kizarus problem too.

Some one mentioned before "what do you flex to make a hole in your head, capable of letting something pass through you"...

Similar question, how do you prepare to move at the speed of lightning, or light.

just imagine how much control Kizaru must have had to practice before he could even kick and keep his balance! I bet his first kick at the speed of light would have sent him flying with his foot!

How fast can the average brain process information? Those simple reasons are why I don't think you'll get people in one piece truly moving at the speed of light or lightning, their reflexes are still too human. Luffy's blood gear 2nd may make him the most capably fastest person around! Unless Eneru or Kizaru can think and move their bodies as fast as their elements.
 

undertoe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
116
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
There is a difference between what Aka Inu could do to Smoker , and what lava fruit can do to Smoker's.

I'm part of the people who think that Aka Inu used haki to burn Ace's fist , instead of any lava superiority over fire.

Besides the punch through Ace is simple to explain : Ace wanted to protect Luffy from Sakazuki .. and he made himself tangible. Otherwise , the fist would have make his way to Luffy anyway.

Sum up : in don't believe in "Lava beat Fire" , "Hakized lava beat fire" seems more accurate to me.

Oups I got (again) carried away. There is no way the lava fruit alone could harm the smoke user. At least IMO , it would make no sense.
You're part of the group of people who don't fully understand physics? Akainu STATED that it was his power's superiority that allowed him to burn Ace. That's like saying "I'm part of the group of people that believe Luffy is a rubber Logia," or "I'm part of the group of people that believe that Blackbeard is actually Luffy's father." You're believing in something that was blatantly stated as wrong.
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the speed issue is comparable to Kizarus problem too.

Some one mentioned before "what do you flex to make a hole in your head, capable of letting something pass through you"...

Similar question, how do you prepare to move at the speed of lightning, or light.

just imagine how much control Kizaru must have had to practice before he could even kick and keep his balance! I bet his first kick at the speed of light would have sent him flying with his foot!

How fast can the average brain process information? Those simple reasons are why I don't think you'll get people in one piece truly moving at the speed of light or lightning, their reflexes are still too human. Luffy's blood gear 2nd may make him the most capably fastest person around! Unless Eneru or Kizaru can think and move their bodies as fast as their elements.
I think the more we look into this, the sooner we should realize we're finding holes in physics and logic in a fantasy setting...
 

hibar90

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
343
Reaction score
79
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
In real life, volts barely matter. It's the current that determines how deadly something is, the unit is amperes. We could all survive a 1 million volt shock if the current is low whereas one ampere of one volt would be the end for you.
You're right. But, I assumed all his move would have a constant amp, since increasing the volt also increases the damage. And he could melt gold with it, so doesn't it say the current is high as well?

I think Enel should own on paper. But, in practical he's not performing as well as he should. Maybe the mental instability Bittman mentioned.

If I were to make a list I would rank their powers as so (although I wont rank Blackbeard, since I believe he is falsely ranked as Logia, and his power trumps all devil fruits.)

1.Enel/Kizaru
2.Akainu
3.Ace/Smoker
4.Aokiji
5.Crocodile
I'd put Enel "ability" that high as well. But, I think he should be down there with ace/smoker. I would put Aokiji with Akainu on number 2. They're both admirals, so they should have equal power. Both have the power to destroy each other if their balance is broken. Though, I think someone who can freeze massive volume of sea water in an instant can freeze lava/magma.
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would put Aokiji with Akainu on number 2. They're both admirals, so they should have equal power. Both have the power to destroy each other if their balance is broken. Though, I think someone who can freeze massive volume of sea water in an instant can freeze lava/magma.
Akainu and Aokiji will not fight each other in all likely-hood, so it's tough to say if they really are at equal power. Aokiji could not put out Ace's flames head-on, and since Akainu was able to overpower his flames, plus the multiple occasions when Akainu completely obliterated Aokiji's ice; I think its safe to say their powers would not be balanced out, no matter what.
 

undertoe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
116
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
It's a different match-up though, Das. Putting out flames and freezing magma are two VERY different processes. While extinguishing flames requires denying them oxygen, freezing magma into rock only requires cooling the magma enough. It's a lot harder for ice to smother flames than it is for ice to lower the temperature of magma, so it would likely be a close match-up.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Akainu and Aokiji will not fight each other in all likely-hood, so it's tough to say if they really are at equal power. Aokiji could not put out Ace's flames head-on, and since Akainu was able to overpower his flames, plus the multiple occasions when Akainu completely obliterated Aokiji's ice; I think its safe to say their powers would not be balanced out, no matter what.
Yea...
It's like shown 100% in the manga that Aikanu power > Aikoji power
 

undertoe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
116
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
Yea...
It's like shown 100% in the manga that Aikanu power > Aikoji power
Where? You never know how two fruits will match up. It was also shown 100% in the manga that Magellan's fruit > Mr. 3's until they actually matched up.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Where? You never know how two fruits will match up. It was also shown 100% in the manga that Magellan's fruit > Mr. 3's until they actually matched up.
We saw their fruit maching up already.
Aokiji froze everything, and Aikanu just unfroze everything in a pinch.

Aokiji Ice fruit will have no effect on Aikanu.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
We saw their fruit maching up already.
Aokiji froze everything, and Aikanu just unfroze everything in a pinch.

Aokiji Ice fruit will have no effect on Aikanu.
Would you stop posting your thoughts as absolute facts, please?

Four your info: Aokiji froze the sea just as fast, likely even faster, than Akainu could heat it up.
If Aokiji were to cast his ice-floor on an prior magma attack, it would probably have just the same effect of nullifiing Akainus attack. How can you compare those two attacks, if they weren't used at the same time against each other? -> Fail in argumentation. :/
 
Last edited:

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Would you stop posting your thoughts as absolute facts, please?

Four your info: Aokiji froze the sea just as fast, likely even faster, than Akainu could heat it up.
If Aokiji were to cast his ice-floor on an prior magma attack, it would probably have just the same effect of nullifiing Akainus attack. How can you compare those two attacks, if they weren't used at the same time against each other?
Even if Aokiji managed to freeze Aikanu, he would just do the same thing that Whitebeard did.
Remember? Whitebeard was frozen but because of his quake, he was able to crack the ice.

If Aikanu would be frozen, he would just melt the ice from the inside.
 

undertoe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
116
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
Even if Aokiji managed to freeze Aikanu, he would just do the same thing that Whitebeard did.
Remember? Whitebeard was frozen but because of his quake, he was able to crack the ice.

If Aikanu would be frozen, he would just melt the ice from the inside.
The process would be different; melting is a gradual process, while shattering is sudden. If Akainu was frozen in the first place, that means that Aokiji is capable of freezing Akainu more quickly than Akainu is capable of melting the ice. Thus, if Akainu was frozen, Aokiji would just have to continue supplying ice and Akainu would be unable to melt it rapidly enough.
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's a different match-up though, Das. Putting out flames and freezing magma are two VERY different processes. While extinguishing flames requires denying them oxygen, freezing magma into rock only requires cooling the magma enough. It's a lot harder for ice to smother flames than it is for ice to lower the temperature of magma, so it would likely be a close match-up.
I see what you're saying there, but I'm simply basing this off of what was happening in the Manga. Akainu's magma was stronger than Ace's flames, Aokiji's Ice was fought evenly with said fire. When Akainu burned Ace, he claimed it was because of levels of superiority. Judging by that standard, since the Magma beat Ace's flames, and Ace's flames matched evenly with Aokiji's Ice, through deductive reasoning it can be claimed that Akainu's Magma would beat Aokiji's Ice.


Now even though were are comparing powers to Enel, I think it's difficult to reason how Enel's Lighting would have any specific advantages over the other logias. For example; In the case of smoker, it can easily be assumed that Lighting really can do nothing to smoke, it is not conductive in any way, but since Logias are ranked in orders in superiority (and also assuming that Enel is rather high on that list) Enel should be able to bypass Smoker's intangibility with a powerful lightning strike, regardless of any pre-conceived theories based on real-world science and logic.

The reason I would put Kizaru on the top of the list, is because so far; Kizaru's lasers have not been stopped by anything short of powerful Haki (if this is incorrect, please show a page where evidence is proven.), his lasers are even able to be fired deep underwater, which would suggest his powers have a higher resistance to water than most other logias. While it's a rather large leap to assume that Kizaru's lasers could hurt Akainu in his full intangible form, since Magma is most likely (in my opinion anyway) one of the most destructive powers in the series.
 
Last edited:

undertoe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
116
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
Not necessarily... I mean, Luffy's power owns Enel, but I'm sure that Enel could take down plenty of powers that would have an advantage on Luffy (Das Bones, for example ;)).
 

hibar90

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
343
Reaction score
79
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Akainu never displayed melting ice, he was shattering them with meteor fists. Just as much if Aokiji threw an Iceberg at the ice surface and shatter them. It never says that Akainu is too hot for Aokiji. Since, they are both admirals level it should be safe to assume that their power is equal, thus none can melt or freeze the other. And as stated putting out flames at freezing magma is very different, at this stage their temperature isn't really relevant. Combustion is still possible as long as the source is not soaked and oxygen exist. I just think Aokiji is seriously being underrated.
 
Last edited:

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Akainu never displayed melting ice, he was shattering them with meteor fists. Just as much if Aokiji threw an Iceberg at the ice surface and shatter them. It never says that Akainu is too hot for Aokiji. Since, they are both admirals level it should be safe to assume that their power is equal, thus none can melt or freeze the other. And as stated putting out flames at freezing magma is very different, at this stage their temperature isn't really relevant. Combustion is still possible as long as the source is not soaked and oxygen exist. I just think Aokiji is seriously being underrated.
I remember specifically that Akainu melted Aokiji's ice without effort In fact it evaporated completely. Their powers are equal in their destructive force, but their powers are not equal in terms of superiority.



Not necessarily... I mean, Luffy's power owns Enel, but I'm sure that Enel could take down plenty of powers that would have an advantage on Luffy
Ah, that's what makes the relations between different fruits tricky, It's safe to assume that most (if not all) Paramecia are of lower rank than Logias, but Mythical Zoans (like Marco) might be higher up than both of them. We have little data that could prove anything further in the argument though, so it's difficult to say.

Aokiji is hardly underrated, you might be getting that impression since he's being compared to his allies, ones that he will never fight (although it is Aokiji, he is the most likely out of the three to defect from the marines)
 
Last edited:
Top