Shounen Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Pandora Hearts: 19th century or 18th century?

  • 19th century

    Votes: 13 35.1%
  • 18th century

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Only the author knows it! xD

    Votes: 19 51.4%

  • Total voters
    37

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I recently bought this manga from Barnes and nobles and I must say I truly love this piece of work. If the cover art of Volume 1 was good enough for me to be interested then this manga did very good job at doing it. So Far I'm only on Chapter nine cause I'm buying the books only. I like the characters and the references to alice in wonderland. My question is this any word on any new chapters coming out in japan cause the manga is still on-going.
 

ketorin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
463
Reaction score
137
Gender
Female
Country
United States
My question is this any word on any new chapters coming out in japan cause the manga is still on-going.
The raw for the new chapter should come out very soon now since the magazine that it's in comes out on the 18th of every month. So it should be out soon and expect the scanlated version coming out in the next two weeks.
Bleach-asylum tends to be where the raws appear first.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
It's sad to read that people think the releases stop because WE took the scans off. MH is a melting pool for many groups but it's neither the source in most cases nor offering a majority of the available manga on the net.

Black Abyss, PH's Edited Manga group, is Editing this manga regulary since over a year and announcing every release (like most groups do) on their own website. They even offer simply direct downloads.

All people have to do is go to the Manga Editors directly.
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The raw for the new chapter should come out very soon now since the magazine that it's in comes out on the 18th of every month. So it should be out soon and expect the scanlated version coming out in the next two weeks.
Bleach-asylum tends to be where the raws appear first.
Ahh Well I'm devoted to buying the manga and not read any online source of it. I'll say that my fave character is Oz I dunno he's quite charming.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Ahh Well I'm devoted to buying the manga and not read any online source of it. I'll say that my fave character is Oz I dunno he's quite charming.
Oz is one of my favorite characters as well! I love how he's never wavered by any thing that happens to him.

Volume 3 comes out in October, and after that a volume is being published every three months. So there's nothing to worry about if you don't want to read the scans.
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oz is one of my favorite characters as well! I love how he's never wavered by any thing that happens to him.

Volume 3 comes out in October, and after that a volume is being published every three months. So there's nothing to worry about if you don't want to read the scans.
Great to know =3 I seen the anime I feel indifferent about it. Well I will pre order my volume 3 in a moment I'm rereading Vol 1 and 2 again <3. I also starting to love break to he's so silly ,but mysterious in a way.
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry for the Double Post ,but read the latest translation for chapter 51 and it got me curious with what remy said about her chain being useless ,but did hurt poor lily though. Seems like they want to bring back the tragedy that happened 100 years ago. Sadly no word on gil and his condition though. Overall seems like a good chapter if you haven't read the latests translation here's the link.

http://mangahelpers.com/t/olivine/releases/23552
 

Bloki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Gil seems not too much bipolar as very self-loathing. Vincent however is very bipolar.

I think the Glen's soul has been weakened because he lost his five chains. Zai now has the Griffin, and Gil has the Raven. That way he cannot destroy Eliot's soul, just as Jack Vessalius is weaker than Oz in Oz's mind. I wonder if Eliot has a right to use the Jabberwock (the only chain which wasn't distributed to the Duke houses) just like Oz and the B-Rabbit.

It's also possible that parts of Glenn's personality come out in those who are in contracts with his bird-like chains. It's an unlikely reason for Zai's behavior.

But I'm just theorizing madly.
oi, oi - what's up with the bipolar references? i'm bipolar here myself (on medication, mind you!), and i'm perfectly sane! (well, somewhat... XD)

anyways, i'm not mad, i just found it funny that you're saying stuff about being bipolar and i, a bipolar person, happened across it... XD

anyways, i myself think that gil has a very extreme case of bipolar disorder - and no, i don't have any problem saying that. XD have you noticed that he usually has his head/mind all up in a complete mess, and he can't seem to think straight? hmm... maybe a combination of bipolar, split-personality, and multiple-personality disorders?

i wonder what you would call that? XD multi-split bipolar personality disorder? XD that sounds so lame...
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Recent chapter (52) was quite a surprise, on last page Break suspecting Elliot as the headhunter. I wonder how Break will prove its him. I feel sorry for what happened to Elliot's sister there..
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Recent chapter (52) was quite a surprise, on last page Break suspecting Elliot as the headhunter. I wonder how Break will prove its him. I feel sorry for what happened to Elliot's sister there..
I think the more question is WHY does Break think Elliot is the head hunter, as he's blind so its not as if he saw meaning he sensed it I somewhat have little doubt that Break would be wrong. So I am curious as to why Elliot is the head hunter, though it does kind of make sense since it seems to be targeting people in his family that he's had a tiff with.
 

Bloki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think the more question is WHY does Break think Elliot is the head hunter, as he's blind so its not as if he saw meaning he sensed it I somewhat have little doubt that Break would be wrong. So I am curious as to why Elliot is the head hunter, though it does kind of make sense since it seems to be targeting people in his family that he's had a tiff with.
has everyone forgotten? O.o the real headhunter can't be elliot - since he's MALE. if i recall correctly... whenever they referred to the headhunter, they called her "she" and/or "queen" or something... you can't be called those things if you're a guy...
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Actually, I wonder if Break is doing part of his deal with the Baskervilles. I do not believe Eliot is the Headhunter, but I do think Leo is and is also somehow connected to Glen, which would explain why Eliot blacked out and remembered Leo covered in blood asking him to say his name (I think the incident when Leo was with Eliot in Sabrie, after which Duke Nightray allowed him to continue as Eliot's servant). Break might be setting up a situation to let Eliot fall into becoming Glen Baskerville as a bargaining chip.

Just some of my nutty theories...

Bloki, insanity does run through my family. I have seen it and dealt with it. Thankfully I do not have it in such a degree. But Vincent has the clearest shifts, and most of all he reinforces the psychological problem.
 

Bloki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Actually, I wonder if Break is doing part of his deal with the Baskervilles. I do not believe Eliot is the Headhunter, but I do think Leo is and is also somehow connected to Glen, which would explain why Eliot blacked out and remembered Leo covered in blood asking him to say his name (I think the incident when Leo was with Eliot in Sabrie, after which Duke Nightray allowed him to continue as Eliot's servant). Break might be setting up a situation to let Eliot fall into becoming Glen Baskerville as a bargaining chip.

Just some of my nutty theories...

Bloki, insanity does run through my family. I have seen it and dealt with it. Thankfully I do not have it in such a degree. But Vincent has the clearest shifts, and most of all he reinforces the psychological problem.
so true... (about vincent)

and you've delt with insanity? cool. the great thing about being bipolar (for me, i love it, personally) is that it means that my insanity can sometimes bear fruit to ingenious bouts of creativity, as my mom so cared to put it. :amuse

as for the thing about elliot and break...

like i said before... isn't the headhunter called the beheading QUEEN? :notrust that means it's a she... which means it can't be elliot... and it can't be reo... and why would reo want to behead elliot's family anyway? he's been listening and watching elliot get pissed off about the murderer who killed his family for how long now? =/
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
It was never directly stated that the Headhunter is female. The chapter was called "Queen of Hurts", but that was mainly to point out the Queen of Hearts reference. And in Chapter 46, Vincent calls the Headhunter a "she", but in the Japanese edition he uses gender-neutral wording.
 

harmaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It was never directly stated that the Headhunter is female. The chapter was called "Queen of Hurts", but that was mainly to point out the Queen of Hearts reference. And in Chapter 46, Vincent calls the Headhunter a "she", but in the Japanese edition he uses gender-neutral wording.
Elliot refers to the HH as Beheading Queen, but that's in a translation. Do you happen to know what the original Japanese said? I don't have the scans handy to check
 

Bloki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It was never directly stated that the Headhunter is female. The chapter was called "Queen of Hurts", but that was mainly to point out the Queen of Hearts reference. And in Chapter 46, Vincent calls the Headhunter a "she", but in the Japanese edition he uses gender-neutral wording.
hmm, i wonder why they translated it like that then?

but, i still think that the hh is female - after all, i'm following the theory that the queen of hearts is a chain being used to behead people (i saw it somewhere and thought it made sense), and for some reason it seems to me that that kind of chain would be female (like alice) if anything... so i think that the contractor is too.

you don't have to listen to me though - i don't always make the most sense myself. =/
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
but, i still think that the hh is female - after all, i'm following the theory that the queen of hearts is a chain being used to behead people (i saw it somewhere and thought it made sense), and for some reason it seems to me that that kind of chain would be female (like alice) if anything... so i think that the contractor is too.
Are you saying because the chain (if it is a chain) is female the contractor would be presumably be female while citing Alice (female chain) contracted by Oz (male contractor) :blink
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yes new life here well I must say I love breaks personality more and more the plot twist of him suspecting elliot was a interesting to say the least ,but it raises a question is the head hunter killing nightrays to prevent glens return and hamper the baskervilles plans. I also wanna see what happened to rem and lily to <_<.
 

sparviero-92

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
194
Reaction score
704
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
harmaa;2056304[B said:
]Elliot refers to the HH as Beheading Queen[/B], but that's in a translation. Do you happen to know what the original Japanese said? I don't have the scans handy to check
Do you remember the chapter where this happened? I can check the original japanese if I know the chapter:)

was it chapter 45?
big image under spoiler

This is what Elliot says:

クイーン オブ ザ ハート
queen of the heart
首狩りの女王
headhunting queen

he's talking about the same person in two different ways (furigana and kanji).
I don't think any of the characters knows if the headhunter is male or female so "Beheading Queen", "Queen of the heart", "Headhunter"...are probably just nicknames made up to refer to the mysterious and nameless killer..
 
Last edited:

harmaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Does anyone know any good sources for spoilers for PH chapters? Blogs, etc, to watch?
 
Top