Because I got HIGH~ :gnut

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: New guy likes threads!

i think you will see more then a bit of me there. Haha, seriously it is my favorite part of this forum, so i guess a lot would be the right way to put it. :D OK we are officially friends, can I call you Sal? Indeed Benjamin or Ben it is fine with me either way. :D

Well since it is my favorite genre I could not miss out on it. So indeed I had to watch it. Well it is still sort of an ambition not sure if I will be one though, but the idea of it seems rather nice for me. :XD

I don't mind, I will be 17 on January the 27th this year. :amuse

Yes I love it favorite genre as well, I like Agatha Christie I have read most of her books, watched almost every movie made form her books, so yeah one of my favorite authors. I don't really have a favorite author. But I have a book, it is not a crime novel though, it is Candide form Voltaire a rather philosophical one I would say. I like Stephen King for the horror genre. You?
Great! It's a really nice part of the forum and the regulars are great and I'm sure you've met destiny4ever and Asarii - they're really nice and I'm sure they'll make you feel at home :) And sure you can call me Sal - that's what Asarii calls me ^^

Well, just follow your heart and chase your dreams! Don't be discouraged, you must have read enough manga to know that if you believe in yourself, all things are possible :p

Wow, your birthday's really close! Happy birthday in advance~! ^^

Ooh, Agatha Christie! She is one of my favourite authors as well :) Some of my favourites by her are "The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side" and "And Then There Were None" - have you read those? :amuse What are your favourites from the Queen of Crime Thrillers? :nuts

How are you finding MH? I hope you are enjoying yourself here~~ :tem
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: New guy likes threads!

Great! It's a really nice part of the forum and the regulars are great and I'm sure you've met destiny4ever and Asarii - they're really nice and I'm sure they'll make you feel at home :) And sure you can call me Sal - that's what Asarii calls me ^^
I know it is, and indeed the regulars do provide a great amount of a useful discussion, I have met some of them, Ok Sal it is is then, it sounds the best in my opinion that is why I picked it. :)
Well, just follow your heart and chase your dreams! Don't be discouraged, you must have read enough manga to know that if you believe in yourself, all things are possible :p

Wow, your birthday's really close! Happy birthday in advance~! ^^
Lol, yeah that is kind of like the moto for many shounens I guess, it is inspirational though and I like it, thanks for the kind words and such. :amuse Thanks for the Birthday wish yeah it is, it is next week. :D

Ooh, Agatha Christie! She is one of my favourite authors as well :) Some of my favourites by her are "The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side" and "And Then There Were None" - have you read those? :amuse What are your favourites from the Queen of Crime Thrillers? :nuts
Glad to hear more people like her, she is a genius for me, and I say that for a very few people. I have read the second one it is a masterpiece one of my favorites as well, I have been meaning to try the first one for ages. My favorite books from her are "The ABC murders" , "A murder is announced" and "Murder in the Orient Express".

How are you finding MH? I hope you are enjoying yourself here~~ :tem
I am enjoying myself I found MH a long time ago, in the spring of last year i believe, but I did not sign up because I was active somewhere else at the time, but I did check around for the stuff I like, also the thing that lured me in was One Piece spoilers.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: New guy likes threads!

:clap Happy birthday Benjamin :clap

Hope you have a nice one.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: New guy likes threads!

:yay [sizept=20]HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!![/sizept] :yay​

Glad to hear more people like her, she is a genius for me, and I say that for a very few people. I have read the second one it is a masterpiece one of my favorites as well, I have been meaning to try the first one for ages. My favorite books from her are "The ABC murders" , "A murder is announced" and "Murder in the Orient Express".
There are a number of people on the forums who do, actually - if you've met After_Image, you've met another fellow fan :p

Ah, "Murder on the Orient Express" is a classic! I loved that one too. Who would have thought the murder would be.... :p Well then again, that's how I feel after reading any of her books :XD

I am enjoying myself I found MH a long time ago, in the spring of last year i believe, but I did not sign up because I was active somewhere else at the time, but I did check around for the stuff I like, also the thing that lured me in was One Piece spoilers.
I see :) Well, I'm glad to hear the spoilers were one of the things that lured you in :3c *is one of the not-so-regular spoiler translators on this fine forum*
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: New guy likes threads!

:clap Happy birthday Benjamin :clap

Hope you have a nice one.
Thank you thornofcarrion I think I will. :D

:yay [sizept=20]HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!![/sizept] :yay​



There are a number of people on the forums who do, actually - if you've met After_Image, you've met another fellow fan :p

Ah, "Murder on the Orient Express" is a classic! I loved that one too. Who would have thought the murder would be.... :p Well then again, that's how I feel after reading any of her books :XD



I see :) Well, I'm glad to hear the spoilers were one of the things that lured you in :3c *is one of the not-so-regular spoiler translators on this fine forum*
Thank you sal! :D

Oh so he likes it as well, cool, I have not met him but I guess I will get in contact since he is a fellow fan. Yeah I mean Agatha's books just leave me with a jaw drop I mean it is that good, and I take time for all of it to sink in because it is so amazing.

Yeah i saw you back in the day doing the translations, cool thing though, and thanks for the hard work. :amuse
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: New guy likes threads!

Hi Benjamin! :bye

Happy birthday!! :party How will you be celebrating? Whatever you do, hopefully you'll enjoy your day! :amuse
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: New guy likes threads!

Hi Benjamin! :bye

Happy birthday!! :party How will you be celebrating? Whatever you do, hopefully you'll enjoy your day! :amuse
Hello igotthegoods!

I already celebrated my Birthday I went to a restaurant and had dinner with my closest friends. :)

I did enjoy it a lot, oh well, I am surprised how many remember that it is my Birthday from the people I know. :D

Pfft... not disclosing your birth year. :ninja

You have a couple birthday wishes in the birthday discussion thread.

I already said my age in this thread, lol, so much for hiding it. >.<" It is ok you can add it to the Birthday thread Charlie. :D

Thank you for pointing that out i already thanked everyone this Birthday both on the Internet and real life, lol, this is like my final thanks, well save the best for last. :D
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: New guy likes threads!

Yes to the first question, yes to the second question and indeed green is the one, is it your favorite as well? :wtf
Yep. :hi5

Cool, thanks Bugzee you are awesome too. :D
Thanks. You should go and spread that awesomeness across MH. :cool:

And your favorite manga and such?
My favourite manga is One Piece. :luffy

- So are you enjoying the current Fishman Island arc?
- Do you have any interest in drawing, colouring or art in general?
- What did you think of the 2010 season of F1? Did you want Vettel to win it? It was ashame Webber lost out. ><
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: New guy likes threads!

Yep. :hi5



Thanks. You should go and spread that awesomeness across MH. :cool:



My favourite manga is One Piece. :luffy

- So are you enjoying the current Fishman Island arc?
- Do you have any interest in drawing, colouring or art in general?
- What did you think of the 2010 season of F1? Did you want Vettel to win it? It was ashame Webber lost out. ><
Good, I'll do a hi-five as well in this manner............/does hi-five with Bugzee :D

I am still new but I am planting my roots deep you know and slowly beginning to spread. :D

Cool Buggy theme you got there, favorite character I suppose?

I am enjoying though not as fully as some arcs I did like Water 7, Enies Lobby or the Marineford arc, still it is good and it has it's ups and downs, maybe the best part of this arc as I said many times in One Piece threads is the variety of the villains on FI and who knows maybe even more will soon follow, I am excited about that. The recent chapter was not much for me mostly because I did not like how the Mermaid Princess looks. :/

I am not good at drawing or coloring that much, mostly because I never try it if I set my mind I can do it and I have my own special style which many people say "Either you like it or you don't" so it depends. Although I enjoy art in general that is why I love manga. :D

Either way would have been fine I liked Vettel more and was rooting for him, because at first he seemed like the underdog, I always go for the underdog so I rooted for him, Webber worked hard all season but is he won I would have been happy as well, new names always are nice on the formula one champions list. I am a Massa fan myself. So it was hard when he lost to Hamilton on home soil back then. >.<

What about the next season who do you think will win?
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: New guy likes threads!

hi
Why do you like OP so much?
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: New guy likes threads!

hi
Why do you like OP so much?
Hm, I don't really know I caught up with it around the Marineford arc which was really epic so it can be named as a reason, but the best saga for me was CP9 so you could say I like One Piece because of the plot twists in the CP9 saga, and overall the idea of the series about pirates, the sea and DF and the great amount of details.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: New guy likes threads!

well i see.I also liked cp9 arc.Whats your fav.female character in OP?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: New guy likes threads!

Thanks dude. Yep. Buggy is one of my favourite OP characters.

Most definitely. I think the pace of this arc will pick up again very soon. I can’t wait to see Van Der Decken land on FI. There’ll definitely be some kind battle royale on the island considering how things have developed so far lol. I was surprised to see a giant mermaid tbh. I wasn’t expecting that hahaha~ Dude! Are you serious!?

You didn’t even like the colour spread? :omg :omg :omg

Why don’t you try participating in one the art contests? You should definitely consider participating in one of the sig contests. It'll be fun! There’s nothing to lose and I would love to see that special style of yours.

Yeah, Vettel looked strong from the start tbh but I kinda felt sorry for Webber last season; considering the amount of years his been in the sport and how far his come since he first debut in F1. I was really rooting for him; it was a shame that he lost it during the last third of the season. You can’t blame him though. He did race with a broken shoulder in several races; which wasn’t disclosed until the season had ended.

I’m looking forward to the unveiling of the 2011 F1 cars. The Renault colours look fantastic this year. Are you looking forward to the new cars being unveiled?

Next season, I believe M Schuy will make a comeback; he’ll definitely be one of the top contenders for the championship. Everyone downplayed his return last season but many people are forgetting that he was racing in an f1 car that was originally designed and catered for Button before he went to Mclaren. ;)

I really wanted Massa to win in Brazil that season. I was devastated and kinda angry that Hamilton robbed him of the title in the last seconds of the final race of the season. That was very harsh. I’m hoping he’ll do much better in the coming season. I’ll be rooting for Schuy and Webber this season. :p

How about yourself?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: New guy likes threads!

Have you caught up with Saint Young Men? Any idea what you plan on reading next?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: New guy likes threads!

Well it is kind of the truth I have been to Hungary and it is indeed better then where I live. :D

No problem, I am not much of a patriot. :/
Oh, what(which) part(s) of Hungary have you been to? (Apart from Balaton as I assume people who visit Hungary goes for at least one day-trip to that lake).

Where in Macedonia do you live? My mate who's from there comes from Bitola and we're planning on visiting his place. Is it close to your domain? :hurr

Oh, why not? Patriots (to some degree) for the win! Nothing wrong with loving your country and fellow kinsmen! That doesn't mean you don't love the rest of the world just as much!
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: New guy likes threads!

@good_boy

It has to be Nico Robin, I loved her back story so much.

@Bugzee

I will reply later because I have to go to school right now, in a hurry sorry, though when the new F1 season starts we can have many discussions. :D

@Kaiten

I put it on hold because I wanted to read REAL, finding the scans proved to be more hard then I thought though,next should be Wolf-Guy or Vagabond...

@Blai

It was a passing by trip actually I was on my way to Germany with a group, we had to pass Hungary and we stopped at some places, from what I saw they were very good. :D

Lol, cool! Yes it is, Bitola is in the south my city is in the center of the country it is called Veles, they about hm, I can't really say but about 150-200 km from each other.

I just don't like how my country is being ran. :/
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: New guy likes threads!

Hey Ben! :bye

Did you manage to find scans for REAL? I can help you out with that if you're still having problems, let me know ;) Speaking of REAL, have you read Slam Dunk? :nuts

Do you watch a lot of anime? Have an MAL? :amuse Also, care to participate in the MH Anime Awards? :tem

How're you finding the latest episodes of Gosick? Are they any good? :) I kinda fell behind on watching it, but I did enjoy the beginning so I hope to catch up soon.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: With many cunning plans! (Edmund Blackadder)

You know who Edmund Blackadder is...

Sir, I heartily salute you. o/
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: With many cunning plans! (Edmund Blackadder)

@ Sal

Hi there! :D

I have found up to volume 10, since they scan it with volumes. :(
From Inoue I have read only Vagabond and REAL, Might try Slam Dunk, but it is a bit long...

Um yeah the thing is I wanted to take part of it, I am just not to keen on making nominations in which I tend to forget some of my favorite characters, I watch a lot of anime yes. >.

I have a manga list but not an anie one, tooooooooooo many to list. >_>
My manga list is on Mangaupdates though.

I sort of put it on hold because it turned out to be an episodic detective series and not one story line, I will watch the whole thing when it finishes. Like I mostly do with anime.

@ Queenofmuffins

Lol, my plan worked, I put that title on my thread in order to get other Blackadder fans to post here. /hi-5

Thanks for the salute, Rowan's best role is Backadder, which series do you prefer out of the 4. I like the 2nd the best! :D
 
Top