Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Yeah, I feel the same. It looks like Oumaga managed establish itself above Hokenshitsu. But who knows if that's gonna be enough to make the cut (quite literally). I'm really not sure how things will develop with OD...
The current arc is heading straight towards its climax and to make things worse T also stated how he thinks it's going to end next week or the one after that at most, which makes me feel queasy right now. :/
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Yeah, I feel the same. It looks like Oumaga managed establish itself above Hokenshitsu. But who knows if that's gonna be enough to make the cut (quite literally). I'm really not sure how things will develop with OD...
The current arc is heading straight towards its climax and to make things worse T also stated how he thinks it's going to end next week or the one after that at most, which makes me feel queasy right now. :/
My only wish is just cut one series (in this case Hokenshitsu) and just put one new series (WSJ did this before).

Also, on current arc of Oumagadoki, it did kind of show a sign that their going to be another antagonist coming up soon. If the series going to axe, then is there point showing possible introduction of new enemy?
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Dois Sol is ranked in this issue right? Mago can be canceled even thought a second season has been announcement? or something like that never happened before so you not sure how to answer?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
MAGOOOOOO :scry

Gah, can't believe it's dead last this time. It really, really needs to pick itself up now. This is such a waste :bored I hope Oumaga is safe as well... I hope Negative is right.

If that's Dois Sol's first ranking (I can't remember how many chapters now), then it's doing pretty okay, though who knows how it may fall (or not?) later on.

That is, however, a great top 5 :D One Piece, Bakuman。, Naruto, Toriko, and Beelzebub :zomg
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
If that's Dois Sol's first ranking (I can't remember how many chapters now), then it's doing pretty okay, though who knows how it may fall (or not?) later on.
Yeah, it's got 8 chapters now but like you said it's difficult to tell how it'll do just with the first ranking, I liked the first chapter (was the only one I've read, on the english shonenjump.com site) but if Mago or Oumaga have to end because of it I'd rather prefer one of the 4 new series (Märchen Ouji Grimm maybe since I don't like the art) or Hokenshitsu no shinigami end. I also like Hokenshitsu but there are like 40 chapters who have yet to be scanlated. If Oumaga ends it'd be very sad because I think it's a unique manga that deserves to stay in Jump for a long time.

Ah, right, what about the SKET DANCE x Gintama collaboration?! It's not on the TOC.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
MAGOOOOOO :scry

Gah, can't believe it's dead last this time. It really, really needs to pick itself up now. This is such a waste :bored I hope Oumaga is safe as well... I hope Negative is right.

If that's Dois Sol's first ranking (I can't remember how many chapters now), then it's doing pretty okay, though who knows how it may fall (or not?) later on.
Well there is such thing as postponing what becomes more obvious. If there are no cushions for Mago then it'll be axed but I think it'll have some cushions and current arc is really interesting.

Dois Sol's first ranking isn't good at all. I think it was told in Bakuman that first rankings like these are meant to drop even more upcoming issues
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Well there is such thing as postponing what becomes more obvious. If there are no cushions for Mago then it'll be axed but I think it'll have some cushions and current arc is really interesting.
The problem is that it is the current arc that is already being ranked. And so far - no good. I can only hope that with the new characters that were introduced and new revelations (I think you/other Mago readers would know who/what I mean :amuse) will make the rankings rise... I find the arc interesting too, but it seems to Japanese (so far) do not :(

Dois Sol's first ranking isn't good at all. I think it was told in Bakuman that first rankings like these are meant to drop even more upcoming issues
Yeah, in Bakuman it was said that new series should get #1 on their first ranking. I do think this is an exaggeration though :sweat IIRC, even Enigma did not get #1 on its first week. I mean, is it really realistic to expect a new series to get more votes than One Piece, Naruto etc, no matter how interesting it is? :s
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I mean, is it really realistic to expect a new series to get more votes than One Piece, Naruto etc, no matter how interesting it is? :s
No way a new series could get more votes than OP etc.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Yeah, in Bakuman it was said that new series should get #1 on their first ranking. I do think this is an exaggeration though :sweat IIRC, even Enigma did not get #1 on its first week. I mean, is it really realistic to expect a new series to get more votes than One Piece, Naruto etc, no matter how interesting it is? :s
Probably and definitely true

but even Psyren's first ranking was better than Dois Sol. Iirc Psyren had a seventh or even a fifth spot when it got ranked. It is just above the bottom 5 and thus I think it is doomed to fail. Two sports series together in wsj doesn't work unless they are completely different like PoT and ES21 were
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Pure rankings:

1. One Piece
2. Bakuman。
3. Naruto
4. Toriko
5. Beelzebub
6. Bleach
7. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
8. Enigma
9. Dois Sol
10. Medaka Box
11. Kuroko no Basket
12. Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
13. Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
14. Nurarihyon no Mago
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
There won't be any CP in 2011-19 due to the on-going printing crisis in Japan. (At least that's what T@2ch believes).
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pretty decent week for me all things considered. Medaka Box managed to climb up the rankings a bit and Reborn is back in a solid position, with Enigma doing as good as ever. Things aren;t looking good for Mago, but then there hasn;t been much anything of interest going on in the series lately...
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Zoo isn't participating in the Jump Next Bangaihen's... :/
Not that having a part in Jump Next means it's safe, but better than nothing...
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mago's been somewhat of a disaster in the ranks as of late, but some say it has more to do with the newer series and the reactions to the previous arc than anything. But this does prove one thing: nothing is really safe in the magazine if the fans turn against you, even with support and an anime.

And for some reason I like the top 5 as it is currently...though I can't say if there really is a new "third peg" in the "big three" and if it's either Toriko or Bakuman up there with OP/Naruto. (since...well, Bleach has shown weakness with a lot of the recent stuff...I'd say it shows just how shallow it's fans are but somehow I think that's why Kubo is rushing to bring certain characters back in the mix...to take advantage)
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Pure rankings:

1. One Piece
2. Bakuman。
3. Naruto
4. Toriko
5. Beelzebub
6. Bleach
7. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
8. Enigma
9. Dois Sol
10. Medaka Box
11. Kuroko no Basket
12. Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
13. Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
14. Nurarihyon no Mago
The first rank actually is with chapter 9, so the first Dois Sol rank will be next week.
 

come come paradise

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
France
Pure rankings:

1. One Piece
2. Bakuman。
3. Naruto
4. Toriko
5. Beelzebub
6. Bleach
7. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
8. Enigma
9. Dois Sol
10. Medaka Box
11. Kuroko no Basket
12. Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
13. Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
14. Nurarihyon no Mago
It's good to see KHR is back up, but... The chapter ranked was #325, right? Yamamoto's comeback? I was expecting a much better rank ><
/goes back to fangirling Yama anyway
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The first rank actually is with chapter 9, so the first Dois Sol rank will be next week.
It's actually a bit blurry in terms of when the ToC starts to "matter". While it's safe to say that Ch.9 is when you need to start watching, most of them are getting snap rankings as early as Ch.4.

Light Wing: Ch.7
Zoo: Dip in Ch.4 and Ch.6, crash in Ch.7
SWOT: Ch.8
Shounen Shikku: Dip in Ch.7, crash in Ch.8
Meta-Meta: Dip in Ch.8
LockOn: Hard to tell (Color in Ch.7 shows decent early support)
Yotsuya-senpai: Dip in Ch.5, crash in Ch.7

In the case of Dois Sol, we haven't really seen a "hard dip", relatively speaking, in the 3~8 rankings, so that could be an indication of "not so bad that editors are issuing warning snap rankings".


Mago's been somewhat of a disaster in the ranks as of late, but some say it has more to do with the newer series and the reactions to the previous arc than anything. But this does prove one thing: nothing is really safe in the magazine if the fans turn against you, even with support and an anime.
But if past is any indication, an entrenched series with decent tank sales could still get 3~6 months in the bottom before it's being considered for cancellation...
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
The preview picture for upcoming Jump Next:


I wonder who is Saeki Tohru, the author series which also getting a color.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top