LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

ha, beat ya too it.

I am so stoked for chapter 137, when everything "hopefully" gets underway.

Oh and judging from the pictures here are my conclusions


When the Lion yells out and everyone is holding their ears except for Zebra it seems like he is challenging the beast, sort of like, you think you are loud. Since Zebra is a sound based powerhouse its right up his alley.

What is cool is that in the final picture Toriko smells the beast's scent and it makes his mouth drool. He comments to Zebra about it, and now they are both revved up to challenge him to obtain their prize. I can not wait.
 
Last edited:

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I totally blame the login problem I had when I tried to post it the first time :))

I bet that book contains methods to extract the best taste from the creatures of the pyramid/palace. I wonder if its content is fully pictorial, like the murals, such that Komatsu is able to understand it fully.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I totally blame the login problem I had when I tried to post it the first time :))

I bet that book contains methods to extract the best taste from the creatures of the pyramid/palace. I wonder if its content is fully pictorial, like the murals, such that Komatsu is able to understand it fully.
Sure, sure. Look at all the extra work I put into my post. I have pictures rehosted, and text... hahah

As for Komatsu
I hope the book explains the Bird people in depth. Because as of now we know next to nothing on them.

I can see the text mentioning the beast as well, but I hope it mentions the Bird people and their advanced civilization, and the beast.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So Komatsu is getting another free upgrade? Oh well...
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So Komatsu is getting another free upgrade? Oh well...
Free power up how?
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Free power up how?
He stumbled across a book that might contain the biggest secrets to rare ingredients, by pure luck.

If that's not a free power up, then what is? :p
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

He stumbled across a book that might contain the biggest secrets to rare ingredients, by pure luck.

If that's not a free power up, then what is? :p
A pointer in the right direction isn't a power up. At a stretch it's a strategy guide, but if Komatsu is still wholly reliant on Toriko then any strategy guide is pointless. He needs to be able to competently protect himself at the very least.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

A pointer in the right direction isn't a power up. At a stretch it's a strategy guide, but if Komatsu is still wholly reliant on Toriko then any strategy guide is pointless. He needs to be able to competently protect himself at the very least.
That's a pretty absurd argument. By your definition, a mage that's reliant on a tank manages to find a really rare spell book, but it isn't really considered a power up? Or an alchemist finding a new formula?

Knowledge is power for Komatsu, and this book just gave him a free/insane power-up.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

That's a pretty absurd argument. By your definition, a mage that's reliant on a tank manages to find a really rare spell book, but it isn't really considered a power up? Or an alchemist finding a new formula?

Knowledge is power for Komatsu, and this book just gave him a free/insane power-up.
You'll be hard pressed to find a mage that can't defend itself competently. It may not be able to go head-to-head with a warrior but it can handle fodder
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Wow! Now that's an "ingredient"! LOL! This is probably pretty obvious but I have a feeling the Melo Cola is gonna do wonders for soothing Zebra's parched throat.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,217
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

About damn time we see the king of the jungle, so it uses sound based attacks too.

Looks like Zebra found a pet worthy enough. Sani needs to find a legendary beast for a pet now, then all the four heavenly kings will have legendary pet beast.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I agree with Finestela. Komatsu has a knife and if the book is some ingredient encyclopaedia then this knowledge will be very useful in the near future. Don't forget that there maybe be things written in it about gourmet world. Komatsu has the ability to understand the ingredients and this book might sharpen that ability (intuition and knowledge)

Anyway, the beast looks awesome. It uses sounds as a weapon and then this beast will become the perfect opponent for Zebra. It might be possible that this might become a pet of zebra
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I don't think I'm going to delve into semantics any more. We'll just to agree to disagree on the definition of a power-up.

I just wonder if Zebra will kill the beast or tame it... :P
 

eclipse12

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
11
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

My guess is that Toriko and Zebra will kill the beast and it will cry while a small baby of it comes out of nowhere. Then zebra will like the drink and like the little beast, surprising Toriko, and take it in.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

chapter is out on mangastream!


great chapter, very nice to see Zebra and Toriko finally with Komatsu , but didn't like much of the fact that Komatsu after be saved by those 2 , started hiding himself and started reading the book. He should a bit more worried with Toriko and Zebra!!!

And this fight against this creature is going to be epic, it has a level 92 of capture which makes it being the most dangerous creature that we have saw until now!!! Maybe we are going to see something new from Toriko next chapter!
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

@Jorped: I think that the last thing that Komatsu has to do is worrying about Toriko and Zebra. These guys fought their way to him and I am pretty sure that they both have experience enough.

Zebra has a tough opponent. Salamander sphinx withstood Zebra's attack and I think that Zebra will refuse help from Toriko (well I hope he will at least). Sound vs sound: awesome battle

Circumstances will probably lead to that since the bird people are there too fyi

I find it very realistic that he is reading the book. This book must have some secrets but the question is which ones it will unfold?
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

What an odd time for their release, 4:20am USEastern standard time Saturday.

Looks like the Sphinx is covered in Dragon Scales(some reptile scale), most likely red ones since it's called Salamander Sphinx. Thats pretty damn cool.

Highest capture level other than the legendary Gourmet World beasts with immeasurable capture levels.

That Igo President is a naughty guy, he knew they would have to defeat this beast in order to obtain the Cola, so I guess if they couldn't then their battle power wouldn't be up to par for entering the Gourmet World.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Oh adding something. Is it me or could it be that salamander sphinx is a blind animal? There is something within its eyes which is making me believe this. Don't forget that the mellow cola comes from its eyes and the fact that he uses sound, could also mean that he uses it for a sight
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

That's an interesting observation, Koen! :) His eyes look kinda like lights, or somewhat like Father's in FMA. I don't know if that means it's blind, but it would be interesting if so and if it was instead using sound much like Zebra is.

I'm curious to see how they are going to make it cry so they can obtain the mellow cola. My guess is that there will be a hint in the book Komatsu found.

Also, I think a bunch of the bird people will be coming by to join the party soon. Maybe they might play a role in "helping" to make it cry. There was some water dripping on the coffin before the bird person awoke and emerged from the coffin. Presumably now that Zebra has like, demolished part of the pyramid (:XD), more water should be getting in, so more bird people are going to rise from their coffins. Also, I wonder if the tears/cola will have any relationship with the liquid dripping on the coffins (water, tears...).
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

HOLY SHIIIIIIIII

Everyone go check out the opening to the anime, it looks amazing. So many of the characters look bad ass, and the action sequences actually look interesting.

I did have to laugh at one point though, one of the GT Robo's has pink fur hahah.


Here are the color schemes for the 3 vice chefs:










I thought Tommy Rod would be a whole lot more gothic looking
 
Last edited:
Top