The return of the...Baka?!? XDD

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hey guys! I'm Haze, Australian-Chinaman.

I have a test for school in about a week but none the less, I'm still hanging out here, looking for new manga to read.

Any good suggestions for someone who loves Shounen and seinen? Anything beats banked circular motion or acid hydrolysis. Seriously. Just look at the names of the topics. And imagine the pain students all around the world are in, as they parrot everything into their heads and vomit it all over the test paper.

I've read all of shonen jump, though. =) And I also don't like harems.

~~

New edit:
Thinking of turning this into a TL'er thread... will post anything I start working on in here, if that ever happens. :XD
 
Last edited:

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Yay! Another Aussie Chinese! :tem Welcome to MH!

Oooo wow, read all of the WSJ series, eh? Which ones are your top 3? :)

As for suggestions... have you tried Deadman Wonderland, Defense Devil or that new series, Silver Spoon? :XD
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Hello Iceiphoenix! Thanks for replying! 你好!

I think that reading all of WSJ's manga shows I probably have some sort of addiction. Also, I just realised I needed to exclude kochikame...:darn stupid triple digit number of volumes...

Top 3 WSJ? I started with Naruto and Bleach, but those have fallen and others have taken It's place:

3. (I got to this point and found that it was hard to choose...) Kuroko no Basuke?
2. Nurarihon no Mago
1. This is the only one I'm sure of.:D One Piece.

I have tried deadman wonderland and caught up to date. Great series. Defense Devil was interesting at the start, but is it just me or is it about to get axed?
I've never even heard of Silver Spoon, I guess I'm heading out to try it!

What bout your top 3?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,053
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Welcome again Haze, glad you decided to make a thread. :thumbs

I'd recommend you give manhwa a chance. Two I'd recommend are in my sigs.

More are in the Manhwa section, the link is also in the sig.

============================================== ^^

Now that I've finished my standard advertising promo, you mentioned a test.

What subject is the test on?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Hello Iceiphoenix! Thanks for replying! 你好!
No worries! :amuse

I think that reading all of WSJ's manga shows I probably have some sort of addiction. Also, I just realised I needed to exclude kochikame...:darn stupid triple digit number of volumes...
Haha yeah, I basically read all of the WSJ series except Kochi, Gintama and Inumaru. I'm up to the latest with some of them (of what's scanlated, that is) and there are a few I'm still catching up with. :tem

I have tried deadman wonderland and caught up to date. Great series. Defense Devil was interesting at the start, but is it just me or is it about to get axed?
I've never even heard of Silver Spoon, I guess I'm heading out to try it!
Are you going to watch the anime of DMW when it's out? :tem
Yeah, I get that feeling about Defense Devil as well. :( Regardless, it's been fun to scanlate it. :amuse
Have you read Fullmetal Alchemist? Silver Spoon is the new series by the mangaka of FMA. It's not your typical battle manga, but it's a slice-of-life one. :)

What bout your top 3?
Hmm.... I would say:

1: Sket Dance
2: Bakuman
3: Enigma

Haha, it's nothing like your top 3! :XD
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Welcome again Haze, glad you decided to make a thread. :thumbs
Thankyou!:)

I'd recommend you give manhwa a chance. Two I'd recommend are in my sigs.More are in the Manhwa section, the link is also in the sig.
The problem lies in the fact that I have read far too much. :tem Including Fusion Fantasy Id AND Noblesse.

But I do have to ask, what arc is Id up to now? I got up to the confusing past arc, and was hoping to wait till they got back to the present before continuing reading.

As for Noblesse, I only remember getting to the end of the first season. And my attention span slipped.

My fave Manhwa's are 'The breaker' and 'The Legend of Maian.' You? (Or is it just Id? XD)

Now that I've finished my standard advertising promo, you mentioned a test.

What subject is the test on?
Heh. Everything. Meaning, this is a mid-term. I have under a week, but I'm still going to leave it up to cramming, by the looks of it.

Math. Chem. English. Chinese. Yeah. I'm pretty much done for, seeing how I'm in the final year of my high school as well.

Oops. I think i wrote too much.:darn It's a bloody essay up there. =.=

Haha yeah, I basically read all of the WSJ series except Kochi, Gintama and Inumaru. I'm up to the latest with some of them (of what's scanlated, that is) and there are a few I'm still catching up with.
What is this Inumaru you speak of? *Looks on Baka-Updates* Wait, there's a manga like that running on WSJ? *Cough* I haven't read that either. >.>

Are you going to watch the anime of DMW when it's out?
Yeah, I get that feeling about Defense Devil as well. Regardless, it's been fun to scanlate it.
Have you read Fullmetal Alchemist? Silver Spoon is the new series by the mangaka of FMA. It's not your typical battle manga, but it's a slice-of-life one.
DMW anime? Dammit, I haven't been checking fansub wiki for a while. When is it airing?
Yeah, I've read FMA. Makes Silver Spoon sound even better.
Damn, only 2 chapters?
Also, thank you for your hard work Editing Defense Devil! Are you a TL or cleaner or editor? XD
Hmm.... I would say:

1: Sket Dance
2: Bakuman
3: Enigma

Haha, it's nothing like your top 3!
Yeah, I like all of those too, but, crazy and ridiculous fighting is a lot more fun for me =) And Bakuman, well, lets just say I tend to *avoid* walls of text. I've had enough of english. T_T Hard work for the poor TL bloke too!

I hope this was not too long. Ah, too late, it already is.:darn
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

What is this Inumaru you speak of? *Looks on Baka-Updates* Wait, there's a manga like that running on WSJ? *Cough* I haven't read that either. >.>
Haha yeah. :XD Only one chapter of it has been scanlated. >_>

DMW anime? Dammit, I haven't been checking fansub wiki for a while. When is it airing?
Yeah, I've read FMA. Makes Silver Spoon sound even better.
Damn, only 2 chapters?
Also, thank you for your hard work Editing Defense Devil! Are you a TL or cleaner or editor? XD
It started airing 2 days ago, I think. :XD I'm quote excited, since Romi Paku is voicing Ganta. :woo
Silver Spoon really cracked me up. :lmao The sports teacher is awesome.
Haha, no worries! I'm a proofreader and a typesetter, but I've recently done more typesetting than proofreading. :XD

Yeah, I like all of those too, but, crazy and ridiculous fighting is a lot more fun for me =) And Bakuman, well, lets just say I tend to *avoid* walls of text. I've had enough of english. T_T Hard work for the poor TL bloke too!

I hope this was not too long. Ah, too late, it already is.:darn
Oh wow, now that I think about it, my top 3 are all really wordy manga! :XD Oh by the way, the current TL for Bakuman is one of our very own global mods, Saladesu. :amuse

Heh, no worries, walls of text are common in these kinds of threads. :XD
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,053
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

@ Haze: Well I do read more than ID :XD. I have read the breaker / new waves, zippy ziggy, yureaka, veritas, Aflame Inferno and more probably but cant think of the other names at the moment. Recently started to read the webtoons, such as noblesse, tower of god, metronome, zusun, chaser and storm bringer.

So glad to hear you have read manhwa, especially nice to see someone who has read ID! :party
Most of the time, those who read manhwa seem to over look ID so thats great.

Charlie is happy. :dance

The current scan just finished volume 19. I couldn't figure out what chapter you were on in ID since at the end of all the volume since (vol 4 or 5? I dont remember) there's been flash back chapters about ID's past.

Oh wait, I think you mean when ID traveled to the past? That part is over, he's been back from there. The story itself hasn't progressed that much though from that part.

The raws are upto volume 25 : wtf
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

@Icei (quoting takes too much effort lol)

Silver spoon was bloody hilarious. His reactions to the eggs lol, all he could think about was where it came from. Even though it's really light hearted, knowing the author it makes me wonder where the story is going to go...

Romi Park? Seiyuu for Hitsugaya? DMW had better follow the manga properly, now that it seems like I'm obligated to watch it. >.>

@Charlie:

Yeah, I was talking about time travel lol. I stopped there, because I hate it when the arc is left unfinished and I'm left hanging.

But I understand why many people seem to not like Id. You have to read the first couple of volumes first before the manhwa actually takes off. Otherwise it's all just too confusing. Also, all my friends complained about Id looking too womanly. XD

Also, which webcomics a good read? While nobblesse certainly has been, the quality of the stuff on Naver varies by heaps, as I've read really confusing stuff like tower of god and some other one about some kid and a ghost.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

All of WSJ?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,053
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Yeah, I was talking about time travel lol. I stopped there, because I hate it when the arc is left unfinished and I'm left hanging.

But I understand why many people seem to not like Id. You have to read the first couple of volumes first before the manhwa actually takes off. Otherwise it's all just too confusing. Also, all my friends complained about Id looking too womanly. XD

Also, which webcomics a good read? While nobblesse certainly has been, the quality of the stuff on Naver varies by heaps, as I've read really confusing stuff like tower of god and some other one about some kid and a ghost.
That time travel part is over but dont expect huge plot developments. ;)
Its like almost zero after that part.

Noblesse grabbed me really quickly. Now I'm waiting for the next 40 chapters. :p

I seen people say similar things about ID. They ask if he is a guy, or confused about something, etc. Well, its explained that there's a reason as to why he looks womanly in the chapters.

I also like how the artist A.T. Kenny makes jokes or throws himself into the chapter. He is the child of Darkness, aka A.T Kenny.

Have you read The breaker new waves, squeal to the the breaker.

Another web comic that grabbed really quickly was called Chaser.

For manhwas I like, just look at the other post.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

@Charlie: Chaser, eh? Ok, I'll check that out.

@Xadyu: WSJ? Naw, just a conincidence. I mean, it was just a quick way to let people know roughly what kinda manga i've read, that's all. Rather than listing exhaustively, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tale, One peice, ZZzzzzz. But I have probably read most things you could suggest to me that aren't new or have few chapters translated.

Oh, if you happen to recommend anything to me that gets me hooked, AND it has chinese raws, you never know what might happen XD
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Hello, my fellow Aussie-Chinese! I have come to revive your thread!!

Congratz on the translator status!! :confetti The purple looks awesome~! :D
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Thanks Icei! ^^:D

It's a pity that I'm translating an ecchi series. (Unless girls somehow like ecchi?:blink)

Maybe something you can recommend?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Hello, BakaHaze! Nice to meet you. :) I see you are a translator. Chinese translator? How did you learn Chinese?
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Heya Phio_chan, nice to meet you too. :D
And thanks for replying here~

I learnt Chinese mainly by immersion, as in, from my parents speaking it. However, my reading and writing skills only really started developing in the last 2-3 years where I picked up Chinese as a subject in High School and started learning seriously. And then I decided to put my reading skills to work and started to work on the pure text light novel translations, because I could use electronic dictionaries for them and because they were in simplified chinese.

Recently, I moved to manga because it takes less time and because I've become able to recognise the links between simplified and traditional Chinese, and can sorta read it now.

Oops...hope that didn't bore ya. :XD
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Hey Haze, do you speak any dialects of Chinese? :D Or do you only speak Mandarin?

Ohh yeah... the links between Simp and Trad. :XD I once bought some manga in Hong Kong, and then I took about an hour or so to decipher a Bleach tank from Trad. :lmao It was mostly successful in the end. :thumbs
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Lol, Icei, I'm such a hardcore Mando only speaker everyone comments on how strong my Beijing accent is...

I can listen and understand SuZhou dialect from my mothers side, and guess at Canto/Shang by pure intuition (I have no idea why either.)

What about you?

Also, are you in my time zone? (AEST)? If so, that would mean the two of us are still hanging around on MH even though it's nearly one in the morning...
 
Top