LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Is the character tree hierarchical at all or just representative of relationships?
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Is the character tree hierarchical at all or just representative of relationships?
Mmmh, it is not exactly hierachical.

I mean, I have put the important people of IGO above the less important people. Shigematsu is above the Bureau Directors.
The same for the Bishokukai. Brand Chiefs are under Vice-Head chefs.

But then I put the rest of the characters in a random or convenient way.

For example, Teppei is under Jirou but above Yosaku. This way I can join him with Yosaku with a Master/Student arrow and with a Grandfather/Grandson arrow with Jirou.

It's difficult to explain (specially because I don't speak english very well), But you will find some logic in it if you look carefully.
 
Last edited:

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

My concern was the Bishokukai side of the picture. From what we have heard their standing is: boss -> butler -> head chef -> 3 vice chefs -> 1st division chief -> wine steward, in this order.

The only thing we don't know is whether or not the first division chief is stronger than any of the vice chefs. And among the vice chefs it is alluded that Stajyun is the strongest of the three, and somewhat alluded to is that Grinpatch is next strongest and Tommy Rod brings up the rear of those 3 vice chefs.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

My concern was the Bishokukai side of the picture. From what we have heard their standing is: boss -> butler -> head chef -> 3 vice chefs -> 1st division chief -> wine steward, in this order.

The only thing we don't know is whether or not the first division chief is stronger than any of the vice chefs. And among the vice chefs it is alluded that Stajyun is the strongest of the three, and somewhat alluded to is that Grinpatch is next strongest and Tommy Rod brings up the rear of those 3 vice chefs.
Well, probably you're right about Alfaro being above Kuromado. As the "boss right hand"; he should be very important in the Bishokukai.

But I'm not sure about Limon being under Elg. I mean, both are prepared to enter Gourmer World. And while Elg is just another division chief, Limon is the only sommelier in the Bishokukai. Anyway, i'm just speculating.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Mmmh, it is not exactly hierachical.

I mean, I have put the important people of IGO above the less important people. Shigematsu is above the Bureau Directors.
The same for the Bishokukai. Brand Chiefs are under Vice-Head chefs
Hm, isn't Mansam considered as "number 3" of IGO? So he should be above the rest of the IGO personnel.

You did a great job, Salce.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

But I'm not sure about Limon being under Elg. I mean, both are prepared to enter Gourmer World. And while Elg is just another division chief, Limon is the only sommelier in the Bishokukai. Anyway, i'm just speculating.
Naw, there is a passage where the boss asks Alvaro who is ready to enter the Gourmet World, and Alvaro says the Wine guy's name last and says I think he is ready.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It seems that the discussion with Zebra was solved quickly.

At the end we have the typical restaurant scene, so I think we can consider finished this arc.

By the way, two new characters of IGO are introduced.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I actually never got an impresion that Zebra wanted to be a partner with Komatsu and let Toriko be alone. I thought he wanted them to make trio.:)
Actually it would be a damn great team for Gourmet World.:)

The spoilers look promising with some new guys being introduced.:)
 

eclipse12

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
11
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nice this arc ends and a sweet ending in is. Also the two new guy that mansem brought with him. We all know that they are going to have GT Cells in them and Mansem is going to ask Toriko and/or Zebra to train them while they are training for the Gourmet World.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

When will this manga get its own section.

End of the arc looks good, but I was really hoping that Zebra would end up eating the Century Soup, xD. I like that we're already getting the set up for the next arc though.


The chapter is out! Get it here - http://www.manga2u.com/Toriko/142/01/

Also, please take the time to visit the Edited Manga group: http://hiwamatanoboru.com/
 
Last edited:

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Wow, so the suave looking guy is the Defense Chief. He's probably top 5 on the importance/strength list of the Igo corp.

I really wonder what Mansam will reveal about the Birdman, at least it is cool that we got an answer as to why they hadn't eaten it.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This is the first time we were told what Bureau Mansam is with, too I think. Before we were only told he runs the Research Lab and he's the #3 man after Shigematsu and Ichiryuu.

I liked this ending, I really loved Komatsu's narration andeverything. Now I really wanna see what happens next.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I agree, this was a very nice ending to the arc and phew, Toriko and Komatsu are still a combi at least for now :) it was kinda cute, though, how Zebra was embarrassed to let Komatsu know that he was a fan of his food :XD

Can't wait to find out more about the birdmen from Mansam! I wonder why they want to trade for it. What importance does a single birdman hold to the IGO? What will they be willing to trade for it?
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nice ending for a very good arc :thumbs

Next chapter will probably be also very good, cuz we are probably going to get some important revelations !

Toriko and Zebra will compete to see which of they is going to form a combo with Komatsu, but for now it will be Toriko and Komatsu :woo

And how many time do you guys think, it's going to take till they enter the Gourmet World ? :rant
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Aww, Zebra is such a tsundere.

Great conclusion to the arc. Okay, pretty stantard. A feast and some funny lines. I found it funny that the lionthing got angry when Toriko said they'd be back when the cola is ready again. Nice to know that we will instantly get more info the birdmen.

As a random guess; maybe the birdmen are somehow connected to the origin of gourmet cells?
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nice chapter...real nice. I'm glad to see that Toriko and Komatsu are still a combo.

So the birdman doesn't look like something you can cook or eat...hmmm, maybe its an ingredient no one has figured out how to cook properly yet or just not enough is known about them yet.

I wonder what the next arc will be about. I'm also curious about the secret of the Melk Stardust.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It's going to be pretty interesting now.:) In the next chapter we will get more about the Birdmen and also we might get some info on those two with Mansam.:)

I think that Ustegius's theory might be right and Birdmen are connected to the origin of Gourmet Cells somehow and I'd even say that it's pretty obvious that they have Gourmet Cells as we saw Birdman evolving or at least getting way stronger after drinking Mellow Cola.
Also I believe that Birdmen can't be eaten in the same way as humans, cause they might have an intellect in some way and it would be a bit like to practise cannibalism.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This is the first time we were told what Bureau Mansam is with, too I think. Before we were only told he runs the Research Lab and he's the #3 man after Shigematsu and Ichiryuu.
No, at the end of chapter 19 it's said that he is the Development Bureau Director.
 
Top