- Joined
- Nov 11, 2006
- Messages
- 13,956
- Reaction score
- 2,293
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17
I don't condemn rap as *not* music either. I mean, there are some really fascinating rap and rock or rap/alternative marriages (in bands with MCs like 311, or collaboration works). Asterisk by Orange Range was pretty cool, and I can't really place in what genre Orange Range belongs to. :/ You have nobodyknows+ with their "Hero's comeback" and Homemade Kazoku (famous for both bleach and naruto) who have very fruity and fresh background music for their songs. And they're just the Japanese bands.
And also, I don't dismiss entirely one type of music. Like Imp said, people a few decades ago condemned Beatles music. People centuries ago condemned Mozart for being too inventive. It's an artist-to-artist case, I believe.
One of the good things about this age is that music from one genre to the next have started breaking down barriers between each other. Rock combined with classical music is definitely a tried and tested and very well bred work of art. Recently hip-hop and classical have also been making good chemistry.
I don't condemn rap as *not* music either. I mean, there are some really fascinating rap and rock or rap/alternative marriages (in bands with MCs like 311, or collaboration works). Asterisk by Orange Range was pretty cool, and I can't really place in what genre Orange Range belongs to. :/ You have nobodyknows+ with their "Hero's comeback" and Homemade Kazoku (famous for both bleach and naruto) who have very fruity and fresh background music for their songs. And they're just the Japanese bands.
And also, I don't dismiss entirely one type of music. Like Imp said, people a few decades ago condemned Beatles music. People centuries ago condemned Mozart for being too inventive. It's an artist-to-artist case, I believe.
One of the good things about this age is that music from one genre to the next have started breaking down barriers between each other. Rock combined with classical music is definitely a tried and tested and very well bred work of art. Recently hip-hop and classical have also been making good chemistry.





