Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

Luffyua

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
India
Japanese Translation Help

Hello, we are starting a new scan group but don't have any translator yet. I was using a site which provided translation scripts, but there wasn't a a script for one page. Can someone please translate this page for me? Just tell me the text, thanks a bunch!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mote

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
139
Reaction score
114
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Japanese Translation Help

Here ya go.

Dude
Seriously? You thought I was a student? Ha ha ha! I'm glad I'm not a student, what with how crappy the job market is these days...

I'd be like one of them guys who screws up and graduates from some fifth-rate college. Nobody will hire them to use anything above their necks!

It's a cryin' shame. They trudge through life and all they get in return is a worn out pair of shoes

What's gotten into me?

---

Girl
Oh wow! So you're a real working man!

You must have a lotta money then, huh?

Dude
Oh...uh, yeah...a bit

About 700 yen or so

---

Girl
So what about your car?

What kind do you drive? Something foreign?

---

Dude
Huh!?

---

Dude
Err, well...that is...

Like, um, a...Porsche?

---

Girl
A Porsche!? Awesome!! Porsches are so cute!!

Dude
Hahahaha... Ya think so?

(Oh man...What the hell am I saying?)

I'm guessing that one line is an expression: クツばっか減る人生なんてさ (What a life that just wears out your shoes). I hope I got the gist of it.
 

AddleBoy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 29, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Help with a few lines

I'm helping out with the translation project for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, and I'm having a little bit of trouble with Saber's lines. I know it's not a manga, but I figured I'd ask here anyway. Just a warning for those who care to know: there will be spoilers about who Saber really is.


In this scene, the characters are talking about losing weight and dieting. Saber explains that she cannot loss weight nor gain weight.

Since Saber is actually King Arthur, her body stopped growing after she pulled the sword from the stone.

In this line, she is going into further detail about its effects.

The thing about Saber's speech is that she uses a very polite speech style that I'm not used to. She uses the verb ending -zu a lot along with the particle tomo. Both of which, I am fuzzy on their meanings.


故にいくら奢侈な食を極めても太りもせず、一片のパンすら食さずとも痩せはしません。


Please and thank you!
 

Boon0175

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 24, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Help with a few lines

Hi

故に/いくら/奢侈な/食を/極めても/太りもせず、一片のパンすら食さずとも痩せはしません。
in plain speech style
だから/いくら/贅沢な/食事を/限界まで/食べても/太りもしないし、一片の/パン/すら/食べなくても/痩せはしません。

I think you could have guessed correctly already.
The lines mean,
"Hence no matter how much luxurious foods he takes, he will never gain weight,
and if he does not take even one piece of bread ,he will never lose weight." or so.

"-zu" means negative like "-nai" ,and
"tomo, domo" means contrast (=but).

Examples from historical lines.
Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.
老兵は死なず、ただ消え去るのみ
The King reigns, but does not govern
国王は君臨すれども統治せず
 

AddleBoy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 29, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Help with a few lines

Ah. Thanks for that. That should help me with the rest of the translation as well.
 

Evec

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
71
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
United States
[JP] Translation help?

Hi

I need someone to translate this for me, please??? If possible, as soon as you can!

http://i53.tinypic.com/svi3kl.jpg

I took a screenshot of it to make things easier.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Translation help?

Best Newcomer Award
From among the artists who had their major debuts in the past 1 year, here is the artist who scored the highest number of points on the Hot100 Chart, as well as the song (he sang to win those points?).
Yup, hope it helps :)
 

Abhishek

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
India
[JP] Need help with translation.

Hello!! ^^

I'm practicing to be a translator, and so I need your help with the translation of the following Japanese text:

Teacher: お前のためにええ講師つれて来たったぞー

一流大学に推薦決まってる 遠野くんや!!

    そのへんブラブラ歩いとったからな 捕まえてきてん

    女子の憧れの的らしいやん 感謝せぇよーー 朝比奈!!


Girl: ひぇぇーー どしぇーー ぎょべェェーー!!   

Teacher: じゃぅ ワシは部活指導あるから
    
     頼んだでーー


Note: ->

(1) A new line indicates a new text bubble,

(2) And spaces in between the sentence indicates that the words written after the space were in an attached bubble.
*The only exception to this is the second-last sentence, "じゃぅ ワシは部活指導あるから", because here the space was already there in the original text bubble.

I would really appreciate your help.


See you!!^^
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Need help with translation.

Could you post your translation as well?


Hello!! ^^

I'm practicing to be a translator, and so I need your help with the translation of the following Japanese text:

Teacher: お前のためにええ講師つれて来たったぞー

一流大学に推薦決まってる 遠野くんや!!
If I rephrase the above sentences, then would you be able to translate?
What part do you need help with?


お前のためにええ講師つれて来たったぞー
=>君のために、いい講師をつれてきた。

一流大学に推薦決まってる 遠野くんや!!
=>一流大学に推薦が決まっている、遠野くんだ。

Also, 朝比奈 is the "Girl"
 
Last edited:

stlwright

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
[JP]Help with some sentences.

I need help with the following sentences, if possible can you give details, they are not in any specific order:

そして最後にはため息をついてしまったのです

人情深き古き良き昭和に生きたはずの自分が

先日は知らね事とは言えろくにご挨拶もせず

ぼくが賞をいただいたころの。。。昔の作品ならまだしも//露草の棺を気に入ってくれるなんて

しかもあれは不倫の末の心中を描いた

Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.
 
Last edited:

serizawa

ならぬことはならぬ
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
72
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: [JP]Help with some sentences.

This is a quick reply, so it may not be the best translation, but hope you'll get the general meaning. "sb" means "somebody", so it can be "I", "you", "he", "she", "they" and the like.

そして最後にはため息をついてしまったのです
"And in the end, (sb) sighed"

人情深き古き良き昭和に生きたはずの自分が
"(sb), who supposedly lived the good old Showa Era, a time where people did actually care about each other"

先日は知らね事とは言えろくにご挨拶もせず
Probably "先日は知らねどは言え、ろくにご挨拶もせず"?
"The other day, although being strangers, (sb) showed no courtesy at all when (sb) refused to greet (sb)"

ぼくが賞をいただいたころの。。。昔の作品ならまだしも//露草の棺を気に入ってくれるなんて
"Back when I got the prize... Didn't expect (sb) to like the 露草の棺 (probably the title of the artwork?) instead of my old works"

しかもあれは不倫の末の心中を描いた
"To make matters worse/Actually, it depicted the suicide/mental state committed after cheating"

Hope this helps!
 

stlwright

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
[JP]Need help with these sentences

The word English rose is referring to a person.

昔から英国にあったオールドローズと//『ラ~フランス』を始めとしたモダンロー
ズのよいところを併せ持ったバラがイングリッシュローズだって教えてもらった。。。

あなたはいつもでも完璧なオールドローズであろうと努力しているんだって?

いつもと同じ鶏だと思う?

*Got my answer from another source on this, Thanks*
 
Last edited:

serizawa

ならぬことはならぬ
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
72
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: [JP]Need help with these sentences

The ask for help is a bit too vague, so I don't know exactly what you want to know, but perhaps separating the first sentence will make it easier to understand? :)

昔から英国にあったオールドローズ
と
『ラ~フランス』を始めとしたモダンローズ
の
よいところ
を
併せ持ったバラ
が
イングリッシュローズだって
教えてもらった。。。

As for the other two sentences:
あなたはいつもでも完璧なオールドローズであろうと努力しているんだって?
いつもでも = always
であろうと = to be (...)

いつもと同じ鶏だと思う?
いつもと同じ = as usual, the same as always

Hope this helps...
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

Quick note that the translation requests thread is back! This thread is only for short translation requests that a translator can look at and quickly translate. More details in the opening post :)

Fellow translators, please try your best to help fulfill these translation requests! :amuse
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

If possible I would like to request for translation of the graph here: http://i.imgur.com/8MCQX.jpg

There is ton of text on this page but I'm not asking for that. Translating what's under abscissa (x) and next to ordinate of the graph will allow me to roughly know what's written in the rest. I suspect that it's power-speed graph or sth similar.
 

natural-log

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
66
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

The x-coordinate (left->right) is [Light ] Attack Power [Heavy]
while the y-coordinate (bottom->up) is [Slow] Attack Speed [Fast]
 

Blackguard

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

If possible, I would like to request translation help with the following page:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/oldmanpoo/TranslationRequest/105.jpg

Much appreciated. Names aren't so important if they aren't on the page. Just "Guy" and "Girl" would work.
Boy: That skirt...
Is really cute, Darian...

Darian: I-Idiot
I look cute in anything
Don't tell me you noticed just now
SFX: Blushing

Besides, I didn't wear this just for you
Boy: More obidient today, aren't you
SFX: Soft laughter

Now...
It's just the two of us tonight
Won't you show me an even cuter you?
Darian
Text in box: A customer interfered last night though

Text at bottom: Dantarian's wedding collar of doubt?!


(Pretty new at translating manga, but hope that helps!)
 
Last edited:

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

I'd really appreciate some help with this one line I'm stuck on:

憎しみは君に畏はあたしらに集まる

(It's from Nurarihyon no Mago, so 畏 is read as "osore", translated as "fear.")
 

serizawa

ならぬことはならぬ
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
72
Reaction score
80
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread

"Hatred gathers to you, (while) fear gathers to us", meaning that Nura will be hated more and more, while they will gather the necessary "osore" for their (wrong)doings. :)
 
Top