Favorites - The coolest Hero!!! | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites The coolest Hero!!!

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
No way guts is the coolest overall, specially if animes are included. In shonens, kenshin himura of rurouni kenshin, ma gangryong of veritas, mido ban and amano ginji of getbackers, alan walker of d. grey man are quite the cool heroes.
Imo Guts is presented in a much more natural, human way than all the shounen characters. Often they look like pushovers and yet have some weird abilities, look at Guts in comparison. Battle hardened guy, muscles all over (not too overdone though, also building up over the story - kinda cool). And he isn't just so strong for no reason or because he has strong parents, he worked hard for all of it all the way.

Same goes for his life and psyche. I don't want to spoiler too much here, but I think it is much, much more dramatic than the Shounen storys. His origin, his traumata and experiences. His mistakes, his rage. Typical shounen hero is like having a great master teaching them how to strife for peace and all, or is some guy punishing all evil in badass way and such. Guts' is just a human. No universal "good and evil". He can be cruel, he can make mistakes, he can be swayed by his mind more than all protagonists of WSJ combined. Nobody just presents him a purpose (like in Bleach, D. Gray Man, Naruto etc. - there almost always is a purpose to fight just presented to the protagonists on a golden tablet), he is constantly searching for one himself.

But yeah this is a topic of personal preferences all over :)

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yusuke Urameshi and Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, Edward and Alphonse Elric, Riza Hawkeye, and Mustang Roy, and Naruto, Kakashi, and Jiraiya are the coolest heroes. If I had to name one, I'd say Yusuke. He has it all: power, stupidity, comedy, and brilliant when reeeally needed. xD

ashher

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
@Roflkopter no, no you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying shonen heroes are cooler than guts. He beats them alright. But there are cooler heroes than guts if you include seinens, and animes. That's what i meant about guts not being the coolest. Then i went on and listed only in regards of shonens.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Guts is easily one of the top five coolest characters in manga, especially during the dark swordsman arc. Manji from Blade of the Immortal might be even cooler. He is just as tough, just as strong, but he's immortal so he doesn't have to worry about arms getting cut off, stabbed through the brain, or impaled. He'll be the first one to say it hurts, but that won't slow him down. He's a little friendlier than Guts too.

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Based on the stuff i have read so far i have to give to say that the one that deserves this title is definitely Kakashi. Though he isn't the main character, i still seem him like an hero, and he is without any doubt very cool :XD

aeyu

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I'd love to say, Ogami Rei! A mask face in Code:Breaker. He is not really that cool. As Sakurakoujji said, he just warm. Too lame to show his truly self.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Naruto to me is the coolest hero. He doesn't fight because he enjoys like it like Goku and Yusuke do, he fights to prove himself to others and to protect others. No matter how bleak the outcome, how bad things are, Naruto never gives up and never stops believing in himself, he actually plans ahead and thinks of ways to win, coming up with good plans. Despite being labeled a dumbass with no talent, Naruto's been proving people wrong for years. :3 Part I Naruto was my favorite, Kakashi basically sums it up when he explains about Naruto to Inari in Land of Waves arc.

I consider Naruto more of an underdog than Yusuke, Goku, or Luffy. At least with the latter three, they love to fight and you know they'll do well since they're used to fighting. Naruto hasn't been in fights like that or is he considered anything special, yet he pwns. :3

ashher

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The only reason i wouldn't mention naruto in a list of 'cool' characters is because that 'cool' word conveys a sort of stereotypical image that doesn't go with him. For me he is the champion of the 'uncool'.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What makes Naruto cool though is that he isn't stereotypical. He is the opposite of Sasuke, who was cool, but Naruto still manages to make himself look awesome and cool in his own way. Such that even Sakura began to change her mind about him. :3 Though, my definition of cool may be different (at least when it relates to Naruto anyway).

If Itachi, Kakashi, and/or Jiraiya were the heroes or main heroes, I'd actually put them before Naruto though, to be honest.

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Not a manga, but does games count ?
If so, then it has to be Zack Fair from Final Fantasy Crisis Core.
For a long time, zack dream to be a hero and always worked hard towards it.
Zack is also a very loyal and faithful person. He fought as hard as he could to protect an unconscious Cloud, his friend, when an entire army is against them. He could at any time, left him alone and run and I'm pretty sure he would have escaped alive.
However, to protect him, he pitted himself against more than a hundred soldiers and died in the process, failing to keep his promise to his girlfriend, Aerith to return to her.
Despite so much power he possess and the promise he made to aerith to return, he decided to give all of it up to protect a single friend.
Of course, through the entire course of crisis core, zack had done many notable fleets but none as epic as this. Only because zack died was Cloud able to stand up and save the world in the near future.
Zack may not be a hero that the entire world recognizes, but at least to Cloud's eyes, he is one.. and to me he is the coolest hero.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Guts is easily one of the top five coolest characters in manga, especially during the dark swordsman arc. Manji from Blade of the Immortal might be even cooler. He is just as tough, just as strong, but he's immortal so he doesn't have to worry about arms getting cut off, stabbed through the brain, or impaled. He'll be the first one to say it hurts, but that won't slow him down. He's a little friendlier than Guts too.
Manji is cool but Gatsu is so more GAR. The way and style he loses his arm... unrivalled, even for Manji :P

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The (shonen) heroes who I think are "cool" aren't actually cool at all in the conventional sense. :XD The characters are oftentimes meek and unimpressive when they're simply standing around. However, that's why the coolness really shows when they exhibit something amazing that goes against their initial appearance. The characters I'm thinking of are Hinata, Tsuna, Allen and Yura. I can't think of the coolest, sorry.