Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well it doesn;t come out till' next year so there is SOME hope. Doubt he;d really be writing until then, but I imagine JUMP has managed to get SOME kind of consistent obligation out of him. I mean he did have to give his permission for the new anime to be made, so unless he just generally doesn;t care anymore, the series is either close enough to ending for it not to matter(unlikely) or he'll be writing on a slightly more consistent basis.

Heck even 20 chapters a year or so would be enough.
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Would be awesome to have HxH run weekly for a while now! Looking forward to the next arc (hopefully there will be one). Hunter x Hunter has potential to do a LOT of many good arcs, as there is pretty many loose threads.
 

Kurofaise

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well it doesn;t come out till' next year so there is SOME hope. Doubt he;d really be writing until then, but I imagine JUMP has managed to get SOME kind of consistent obligation out of him. I mean he did have to give his permission for the new anime to be made, so unless he just generally doesn;t care anymore, the series is either close enough to ending for it not to matter(unlikely) or he'll be writing on a slightly more consistent basis.

Heck even 20 chapters a year or so would be enough.
The new anime starts on October 2nd I believe, so in less than 2 weeks time. I personally hope he can continue on for at least a year now, it's pretty clear how lazy has been with the art (and now the story) since it came back from hiatus so who knows, hopefully the next arc will actually be better.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The new anime starts on October 2nd I believe, so in less than 2 weeks time. I personally hope he can continue on for at least a year now, it's pretty clear how lazy has been with the art (and now the story) since it came back from hiatus so who knows, hopefully the next arc will actually be better.
who said that there will be a arc after that one? gon didn't found his father, but that not a reason to end the series with an open ending. also he wouldn't need to draw anymore and let his fans wait, besides the anime can capture everything...
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I would rather wait for a series on hiatus for a couple of months or even a year with a good ending instead of a crippled one because the author got to tired to work for a couple of weeks every year. With over a hundred series on my reading-list I've got experience with being on hibernation mode on certain series. :)
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This has been discussed to death, but there are a hundred plot threads still open in HXH. So it doesn't really make sense to end here. Generally a series ends in a big climax settling the whole story and giving closure to all the long-term parts of the story. The end of the Chimera Ant arc has only so far shown to be the climax of that arc. Whether or not HXH.
Also a lot of the delays were caused by the fact that he had two children.
Regardless, the anime is sure to last at least a year. Probably more, given how much content it has to cover.
Also, HXH had the cover tons of times since 2005. I can't remember for sure if it also had the cover every time, but I think so.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Also, HXH had the cover tons of times since 2005. I can't remember for sure if it also had the cover every time, but I think so.
I'm not sure about covers, but since Hunter x Hunter began, it has only had 8 Lead CP's.
- 1998 Issue #14 (Serialization Begins)
- 1998 Issue #25
- 1999 Issue #25
- 1999 Issue #46
- 2000 Issue #5-6
- 2000 Issue #45
- 2005 Issue #46
- 2011 Issue #42 (End of the Chimera Ant Arc)
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Dragon Quest X is a MMORPG, too. Hopefully WSJ chains him to his desk or something, otherwise he's going on a looong hiatus.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
IMO HXH is gonna end with this batch of chapters or the next one, if not I don't think Shueisha would have accepted the new anime, in fact I think this new anime or OVAs was on hold to wait for HXH to end.
EDIT: Also I am fairly sure HXH has got more than 8 Covers, also 2005 wasn't the year it had its last fron page, at least that was like in 2007/2008 I have an issue which had a Gon/Killua in the cover and color pages IIRC it was the chapter which they go in, should be chapter 260 or so and it was back when ONE PIECE was in Thriller Bark, Naruto in Pain vs Jiraiya, BLEACH when Santa Teresa appeared...
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
IMO HXH is gonna end with this batch of chapters or the next one, if not I don't think Shueisha would have accepted the new anime, in fact I think this new anime or OVAs was on hold to wait for HXH to end.
Nah, I don't think it gonna end within next batch of chapters. Remember, main goal for HXH is for Gon to find his father by his own effort. So far it doesn't even come close to find Gon's father, yet Gon is in critical condition. Therefore, I think the next arc going to be about save Gon arc.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
IF this manga had a normal release and its manga-ka wasn't knew for ending its other Uber-popular manga at a random moment then yeah, why not, sadly its Togashi and for all we know he could do a bazillion things in a single chapter, it was amazing how in the last 2 or 3 YYH chapters he almost did an entire arc worth of things (What I mean is it could have been stretched, he took the other route, summarize it).

Although there is one thing that is against my theory, back when Prince Of Tennis was gonna end there were rumors like 12 weeks prior to its ending, at the end it didn't end in those 12 weeks, but it did end like 10 weeks after those 12 weeks, so HXH being enormously popular I think rumors would have already surfaced the net, and so far I haven't read any.

Though it being one of the best selling manga of JUMP I would think they could give Togashi permission to whatever the heck he wants to do.. As usual.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
IF this manga had a normal release and its manga-ka wasn't knew for ending its other Uber-popular manga at a random moment then yeah, why not, sadly its Togashi and for all we know he could do a bazillion things in a single chapter, it was amazing how in the last 2 or 3 YYH chapters he almost did an entire arc worth of things (What I mean is it could have been stretched, he took the other route, summarize it).
Well, for YYH's case, I heard that Togashi intended to finish manga after Sensui arc, but the editors decided not to end YYH (it was one of top Jump three mangas in 90s). So Togashi got pissed off, and he concluded YYH like that.
 

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not sure about covers, but since Hunter x Hunter began, it has only had 8 Lead CP's.
- 1998 Issue #14 (Serialization Begins)
- 1998 Issue #25
- 1999 Issue #25
- 1999 Issue #46
- 2000 Issue #5-6
- 2000 Issue #45
- 2005 Issue #46
- 2011 Issue #42 (End of the Chimera Ant Arc)
I'm not sure what constitutes a Lead Color Page, but HxH has had Cover & Color for the following issues after 2005:

2006 Issue #45
2008 Issue #14
2008 Issue #45

It also got cover (but no color) in 2008 Issue #21
 

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
From jump editor Sasaki's twitter
@SASAKI_Hisashi
SHONENJUMP SASAKI
Typhoon is approaching to Tokyo. It`s raining heavily. It`s about time to go home and read favorite mangas.
Probably wont be be any early spoilers, Toc or manga today since weather is to bad to go out in. Never know tho..
 
Last edited:

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
885 名前:ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/09/21(水) 17:53:32.48 ID:1Q/QbtrlO
テレビとネット止まった。

巻頭ハンタ
ナルト
ワンピ
黒子
鏡の国
ブリーチC
トリコ
クロガネ
銀たまC
リボン
斉木
めだか
ばくまん
スケットC
べるぜ
ぬらり
いぬまる
こち亀
エニグマ
マジコ
スターズ


43号 黒子巻頭
リボンC
こち亀C
めだかC
Jump #42 (26/09):
Hunter x Hunter (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Naruto
One Piece
Kuroko no Basket
Harisugawa in Mirror world
Bleach (Color Page)
Toriko
Kurogane
Gintama (Color Page)
Reborn!
PSI Kusuo Saiki (One-shot)
Medaka Box
Bakuman
Sket Dance (Color Page)
Beelzebub
Nurarihyon no Mago
Inumaru Dashi
Kochikame
Enigma
Magico
ST&RS

#43:
Lead Color: Kuroko no Basket
CP: Reborn, Medaka Box, Kochikame
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
St&rs is dead last, huh. That's surprising :(
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Pure ranking for Issue #42:

01. Naruto (c548)
02. One Piece (c632)
03. Kuroko no Basket (c126)

04. Harisugawa in Mirror world (c03)
05. Toriko (c150)
06. Reborn! (c345)
07. Medaka Box (c107)
08. Bakuman (c141)
09. Beelzebub (c117)
10. Nurarihyon no Mago (c163)
11. Inumaru Dashi (c140)
12. Enigma (c42)
13. Magico (c20)
14. ST&RS (c04)


6 weeks till ranked: Kurogane

Kochikame, HunterxHunter not considered ranked
Bleach (c457), Gintama (c362), Sket Dance (c194) not ranked due to having a Color Page
PSI Kusuo Saiki is a Oneshoot and thus not ranked

---
- wonder if Kuroko really rose so much or WSJ just plays the "ToC is just based on rankings -_-" game here. Its special place in WSJ's heart is no secret
- and ST&RS is threatened to become another pillow...
 
Last edited:

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
- wonder if Kuroko really rose so much or WSJ just plays the "ToC is just based on rankings -_-" game here. Its special place in WSJ's heart is no secret
Well, just look at the TOC... Gintama, Sket Dance and Bleach got CP, so I think it's not a big surprise to see Kuroko up there since the others made way for it due to the CP. (Just my opinion though)
I'm more surprised about Bakuman, but I don't know what's going on there atm.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow I was...not expecting Stars to suddenly drop to last. It looked to me like something that could last a while. Of course it;s possible that this is a one time thing, but for it to drop this early isn;t a good sign. Also looks like Magico dropped to dead last so at this rate it really will be getting the axe before Enigma does...

At least Medaka is getting a color page this week. I seriously hope they announce the rumored anime adaption soon. It's next to get an anime no matter how you slice it.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I can live with this ToC. I do not care about the last two manga since they haven't been impressive and they are rather bland/boring

Harisugawa has an impressive start but the question will be: will it walk the st&rs and magico path or will it walk the bakuman and beelzebub path?
I hope that it will do better than mx0 but I fear the contrary. Come on Kano, get your revanche back because kagami no kuni no harisugawa = :wub
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top