- Joined
- Apr 11, 2007
- Messages
- 6,406
- Reaction score
- 4,075
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: Hiatus (NOT CURRENTLY)
I think we can expect at least 10 more chapters.
I think we can expect at least 10 more chapters.


Andrew, you keep asking, just wait for it to happen, it will very likely happen some time in the future, why should he have changed his attitude now?^^

Honestly I wish he did have assistants. It would help the artwork especially when he's not drawing so well. Though at the same time I don't blame him. I mean if I could draw a mangaPretty sure Togashi has no assistants but that's his problem, not my problem. It's not like he can't afford them.
I assume he doesn't have assistants because they might interfere with his creativity, or they might not draw in the style he wants. But that's his choice so I don't see it as an excuse when people complain the apparent lack of polish on the drawing themselves.Honestly I wish he did have assistants. It would help the artwork especially when he's not drawing so well. Though at the same time I don't blame him. I mean if I could draw a manga
or comic all by myself that was as good quality as Hunter x Hunter I just might do that.
I mean in spite of the sketchiness sometimes Togashi can draw. He's just inconsistent.
I assume he doesn't have assistants because they might interfere with his creativity, or they might not draw in the style he wants. But that's his choice so I don't see it as an excuse when people complain the apparent lack of polish on the drawing themselves.
I never said those mangaka who use assistants are lazy. I'm saying Togashi isn't lazy. There's a difference.Nobody is questioning his ability to work as a mangaka.
And because other mangaka use assistents for backgrounds they could be lazy? Don't try to make him look better than those with assistens please. No mangaka can be lazy with their weekly shedules, monthly series may have some more air though.
I know he's not lazy because he's written and drawn roughly 50 volumes of manga.You don't know neither do I, that's another difference. I hope he isn't.![]()
Taking brakes no other mangaka can dare to ask for, does make him look lazy in the views of a big part of his followers, not if he still has so much more to explain and show in his now long-running series.
Excuse my bad math >.>
2011 Series Absences
Hunter X Hunter: 31
One Piece: 5
Naruto: 1
Bleach: 1
Toriko: 1
Inumaru Dashi: 1
Bakuman: 1
Total Absences = 41
2010 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 28
One Piece: 8
Naruto: 3
Bleach: 3
Toriko: 2
Gintama: 2
Bakuman: 1
Total Absences = 47
2009 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 47
D.Gray-Man: 12
One Piece: 7
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 3
Toriko: 2
Naruto: 1
Bleach: 1
Total Absences = 73
2008 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 28
D.Gray-Man: 8
One Piece: 4
Naruto: 2
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 1
Bleach: 1
Gintama: 1
Barihaken: 1
Total Absences = 46
2007 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 41
D.Gray-Man: 9
Prince of Tennis: 6
One Piece: 4
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 4
Shinsetsu Bobobo: 1
Total Absences = 65
2006 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 44
D.Gray-Man: 17
Prince of Tennis: 16
Beshari Gurashi: 7
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 5
One Piece: 4
Shinsetsu Bobobo: 2
Death Note: 1
Gintama: 1
Naruto: 1
Mr. Fullswing: 1
Total Absences = 99
2005 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 17
Death Note: 8
D.Gray-Man: 6
Prince of Tennis: 3
One Piece: 3
Naruto: 3
Busou Renkin: 2
Bleach: 2
Bobobo: 2
Beshari Gurashi: 1
Mr. Fullswing: 1
Total Absences: 55
2004 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 26
Busou Renkin: 8
Mr. Fullswing: 5
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 5
Prince of Tennis: 4
One Piece: 3
Naruto: 3
Bleach: 2
Shaman King: 2
Death Note: 1
Black Cat: 1
Total Absences: 60
2003 Series Absences
Rookies: 14
Hunter x Hunter: 10
Mr. Fullswing: 5
Shaman King: 4
Hikaru no Go: 4
Prince of Tennis: 3
One Piece:3
Yu-Gi-Oh: 3
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 3
Black Cat: 2
Kanagawa: 2
Ichigo 100%: 1
Pretty Face: 1
Busou Renkin: 1
Total Absences: 57