Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

November 28th-December 4th Jump Comic Sales
37 -- *,*21,622 *,*21,622 *1 3 magico #2

Magico's first week volume sales have increased by 2235 from #2 too #3, which is very small. (both volumes were on the chart for 3 days)

With the way Magico is ranking, coupled with the small volume sales and small sale increases, I think it will be cancelled with ST&RS.
Just a quick info, "the way Magico is ranking" is about the same as where Sket Dance was, and "the small volume sales" was probably doubled that of Sket Dance back in Vol 3, which didn't even make the chart.

The only new series that was unfairly canceled in recent memory was Double Arts. Its sales were decent (38k for first 4 days), and ranked just a bit lower than Magico and Sket Dance at Chapter 20ish.
 
Last edited:

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Pakky is a short gag manga, like Inumaru or Jaguar, no? If so it needs at least 15 chapters to fill out a volume and probably won't be canceled in time to save St&rs. If it does not poll well it would be part of the next round after St&rs.
Pakki chapters has 15 pages.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Ok guys I will post this here since I think goes with the spirit of this whole topic..
I'm doing a big collage of JUMP mangas, the collage is basically a big copy/paste of manga characters.. not much editing done just copy/pasting, for those that have played Jump! Ultimate Stars is like komas being put together.
What is this collage for??
Well I intend to:
1.- Make a big poster AND/OR
2.- Make a t-shirt

Yeah I know about copyrights but.. Its not like I intend to profit of this lol.

Here is the list of mangas I plan to include:
Harenchi Gakuen
Otoko Ippiki Gaki Taisho
Dokonjo Gaeru
Samurai Giants
Kōya no Shōnen Isamu (荒野の少年イサム)
Astro kyudan
Mazinger Z
Hadashi no Gen
Playball
Circuit no Ōkami (サーキットの狼?)
The Doberman Detective (ドーベルマン刑事?)
Kochikame
Ring Ni Kakero
COBRA
Kinnikuman
Dr. Slump
High School kimen-gumi
Captain Tsubasa
Cat’s eyes
Stop Hibari Kun
Black Angels
Wingman
Hokuto No Ken
Ginga Nagerboshi Gin
Kimagure Orange Road
Dragon Ball
City Hunter
Tsuide ni Tonchikan
Sakigake!! Otokojuku
Saint Seiya
Jojo
Bastard
Tar-chan
Rokudenashi
Taruruto
Dragon Quest
Video Girl
Slam Dunk
Yu Yu Hakusho
****** Kamen
BOY
Ninku
Lucky man
Dna2
Jigoku Sensei Nube
Kenshin
Midori no makibao
Shadow Lady
Level E
Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!! Masaru-san
Hoshin Engi
Yu-Gi-Oh!
I’s
Leader Takeshi
ONE PIECE
ROOKIES
HUNTER X HUNTER
Shaman King
Hikaru no Go
Prince of Tennis
Naruto
Black Cat
Jaguar
Bobobo
Mr. Fullswing
Bleach
Ichigo 100%
Eyeshield 21
Buso Renkin
Death Note
Gintama
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
D-Gray Man
Muhyo To Roji
Neuro
To Love Ru
Sket Dance
Psyren
Nurarhyon no mago
Toriko
Bakuman
Beelzebub

Basically any manga with a tv-adaptation, with importance or longer than 20 volumes.
Any suggestions for mangas I should include?
I have been thinking of including Hano no Keichi, Outer Zone, Hanasaka Tenshi Ten-Ten kun, Whistle, Moero Onii-san..
At first I was just gonna make a collage of the mangas on J!US.. Then the idea came to make a collage of more JUMP mangas..

Now.. I KNOW NOTHING of editing on photoshop and all that but I think it would be cool if someone with some skills on that could help.. Like to put some characters between komas and make them look 3D.. only important characters i.e.
Harenchi Gakuen (Started ecchi), Mazinger z (Started robot), Kochikame (Its kochikame duuh), Ring Ni Kakero (Well this is a personal favorite but you can say it started all JUMP cliches), Dr. Slump (very big hit), Kinnikuman (seems appropiate but then there would be 4 characters because Kochikame, Slump, RnK and Kinnikuman are on that order on the poster), Captain Tsubasa (Its a sport manga beloved all over the world), Hokuto No Ken (Because watatatata!), Dragon Ball (...), Saint Seiya (Other personal fav. but overall I'd say is one of the most popular JUMP franchises in the world), Jojo (Cult hit), Slam Dunk (..), Yu Yu Hakusho, Kenshin, Yugioh!, One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Naruto, BLEACH, Death Note, Gintama, TORIKO, Bakuman (Should this be? It seems popular enough)

Also.. Thanks for all the sprite rippers (J!US sprites), the guys that have scanned and uploaded color pages and magazine covers (Though most are taken from yahoo auctions me thinks)..
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I suggest you to put Double Arts! *fanboy suggestion xD *

I think your list is nice. But why Psyren? Personal favorite? It doesn't popular or important to Jump.

Show us your poster and/or t-shirt when it is finished, dude. I think it'll be great.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Not personal favorite.. In fact all my personal favorites are on the list.. Thanks Pirulito, I think I will remove Psyren off the list.. I included it because I thought it was importante but nah it isn't.. Same thing I didn't include other titles like Hano no keiji which are long but didn't had an anime..

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Here are examples of how I am doing it.
Harenchi Gakuen
Otoko Ippiki
Kinnikuman
Ring Ni Kakero

With these mangas as examples I can pretty much sum it up.
As you can see there is a big difference between Kinnikuman and the other mangas, that's because that's sprite art taken from JUMP! Ultimate Stars, Otoko Ippiki seems to be of importance but I didn't found out much so I just put an image of the main character (It has a sidekick with a patch in his eye and I love characters with eye-patches but nah.. I didn't bother to include him lol) and Harenchi is said to be JUMP first hit so I included it as for Ring Ni Kakero is a personal favorite and importatn to JUMP too.

And doing some quick copy/paste this would be more or less how I plan to stick the mangas.. In my mind there is this BIG enormous giant perfect square full of manga images.. But It will be hard to fit all the mangas in a perfect square LOL..

Prototype

This is just a small example since there are like only 4 series on that.. And the list includes 82 series.. Also the older the series is the less images I can get since they are harder to come with, so the newer works will tend to have more characters, though I will try to only include the most important characters.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Edit: Screw it, after much thinking I won't be using Jump! Ultimate Stars koma sprites anymore, while they look very nice and uniform in their coloring It isn't the true "spirit" of each manga (Yeah I just said "spirit" LOL), I mean sure they are important scenes taken from the manga but I think it would be better to take images colored by the mangaka of each series, what do you guys think?
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

The preview picture for Issue 3/4:



It looks like Aimoto's new work will be an action.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Oooh! I really like that character design for Rengoku for some reason, I'm officially interested~ here's to hoping it'll be awesome >ヮ<
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Can anyone translate what Kishi and Oda wrote in the TOC page?
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Can anyone translate what Kishi and Oda wrote in the TOC page?
urm, Oda's talking about a chihuahua that his family's taking care of, and Kishimoto's talking about the Pretty Cure movie,

nothing really important
 

Red Tiger

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 6, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I think the supposed big news was that 'Kochikame vol.177', 'Kochikame vol.999' and 'Akimoto Osamu SF Short Story Collections' is all going to be released the same day.

This was pretty much already common knowledge though for people that use the internet.
Sorry to bring up this matter again, but the supposed big news is a DVD release, for more infos about this subject, please visit my fan blog.
http://kkextrabonus.blogspot.com/
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Well.. Part 1 is done.. HnK and Otokojuku got scewed because I didn't intend to cut Dragon Ball lol..
Also.. this thing is like 14 Mb.. Mmm.. tips to make it less sizy without losing quality?
EDIT: Also, now that I look at it.. Ten Shin han looks just too bad IMO.. The bichrome just doesn't fit there.. I need to change that pic lol
Also I need to fit other 10 mangas on that image becuase there are 30 mangas on that one and still 50 mangas left (!!)
 
Last edited:

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Well.. Part 1 is done.. HnK and Otokojuku got scewed because I didn't intend to cut Dragon Ball lol..
Also.. this thing is like 14 Mb.. Mmm.. tips to make it less sizy without losing quality?
EDIT: Also, now that I look at it.. Ten Shin han looks just too bad IMO.. The bichrome just doesn't fit there.. I need to change that pic lol
Also I need to fit other 10 mangas on that image becuase there are 30 mangas on that one and still 50 mangas left (!!)
i don't wanna be picky, but you've got a alot scaling problems and deformed picture in there.

maybe .png format could help for your size problem
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Nah you aren´t being picky.. I do know they are deformed lol.. But its too damn hard to fit every panel to make a square!! XD
I will try .png, thanks
EDIT: It is a .PNG image and I just checked and its 17.2 MB on size! O.o!
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I don't think it's really official.... it looks more like a fan made it for us western fans...
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

That's really interesting that they have started posting author's comments on facebook! Too bad they are only posting authors of series that have been licensed in English. =P I would love to know Soraichi's, Nisio's, Tamura's, etc.

Though having read some of the more recent ones, I didn't realize how many mangaka had families (spouse, offspring)! Out of those currently serialized in jump, what is the ratio between single mangaka and those who are married? Say if one of the female mangaka wanted to have children, is it discouraged, or do they provide maternity leave?

@perroloco - It looks pretty good so far. For having something printed on a T-shirt, the bigger the file size the better! You want the image resolution as high as possible to avoid muddy colors and pixelated images.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I don't think it's really official.... it looks more like a fan made it for us western fans...
Nope, they're official. Those are the author's comments at the end of the magazine every week, translated to english.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I think Newkerzy meant that they don´t look like.. Viz or Shueisha doing official translations of the weekly author´s comments..
I think its official, IIRC the weekly jump facebook page looks very,very,very fan-made too but it is official..
 

•Sasuke•

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
869
Reaction score
7,307
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

163 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/12/14(水) 16:04:18.11 ID:MQaSp/oRP
Tさんいなくなっちゃったの?

表紙は、ジャンプ主人公全員でクリスマス会

巻頭ナルト 人柱力全員集合
銀球
ワンピ
べるぜ
りぼーん
トリコ
ブリーチ C
ニセコイ
レンゴク C
パッキー
黒子 C
クロガネ
スケット
バクマン
いぬまる
mだか
こち亀
鏡の国
ハンター
ぬらり
マジコ
スターズ

次号5.6号合併
巻頭ワンピ
べるぜC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top