Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
That was quick. Didn't think I'd catch anyone online today. Lol

Copy boss. :super
Oh, pretty much around every day here :3

But to say the least, I find this project very interesting.
and it feels you guys do as well, which makes it even more interesting ^_^

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
sorry that i have messed it up boss xD but well, my prediction is already done! so, i'm just waiting to see how this joint review will be :)

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The thread title is too long.

Just sayin' :garbear

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

sorry that i have messed it up boss xD but well, my prediction is already done! so, i'm just waiting to see how this joint review will be :)
Don't "sorry" me. Are you and Cez playing a two-man comedy? :bored

Anyway, I might have a couple suggestions for your predictions.

unknownymous

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Oh, pretty much around every day here :3

But to say the least, I find this project very interesting.
and it feels you guys do as well, which makes it even more interesting ^_^
Well then that makes a lot of us, lol.

And truE, this is a very interesting project. I'll admit I've never tried a chapter review before, which makes me a noob in every sense of the word. It's one of the reasons why I'm so up for this. I can already Imagine the fun only made better because this project is joint. And judging by the posts here so far, I'm going to enjoy working with you guys. :^_^

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Don't "sorry" me. Are you and Cez playing a two-man comedy? :bored

Anyway, I might have a couple suggestions for your predictions.
nooo, we are not xD -i guess haha!

so, just tell me :))

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hate to ruin the fun here:(....but some posts might disappear from time to time, if they are 1liners and do not really contribute to the effort of writing the reviews.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Okay, I'm going to start writing bits into the art corner today and editing Jaymie's and niko's stuff into the whole review.

Yeah... I'm not really a fan of strict guidelines, but I think we should set the deadline for this review in two weeks, which would be... *looks up calendar*... 12th March 2012

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
ALpha, can I make the banner ? :D

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yes. I am always making banners and stuff for my blog :)
Great. Doesn't seems like I'll get a reply from gintara anytime soon anyway, so it's settled then. What are your ideas on the banner?

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well I think the image would have dgm characters for everyone on this project, and I would write 'joint review' and etc :)
The others for impressions and predictions, we can choose an character for each one (:

---------- Post added February 29, 2012 at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was February 28, 2012 at 01:12 PM ----------

I'll do them in the weekend and post it here, so you guys can tell me what do you think (:

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i will go check out the alliance thread.

i will do any section you guys need me to, i am not sure if sections have been assigned or chosen yet. i read the basic breakdown you posted earlier alpha for how you want the review laid out.

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
i will go check out the alliance thread.

i will do any section you guys need me to, i am not sure if sections have been assigned or chosen yet. i read the basic breakdown you posted earlier alpha for how you want the review laid out.
Yes they were :) just look at the first post :))

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

What do you guys think? (:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Awesome banner, niko :thumbs

Maybe you could add some background, not just plain white. What are your thought on this matter?

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Awesome banner, niko :thumbs

Maybe you could add some background, not just plain white. What are your thought on this matter?
Well, i like white because its simple to work with, but I'll make a image with other background and we can chose the best one :D

glad you liked x)))

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

I made this beautiful one... i'm kidding guys, tell me what u think~

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
ZOMG :blai

Anyway, I kinda had to procrastinate on the D.GM review, was busy with the Bakuman and Bleach JRs, but they're both finished now, I'm ready to go full D.GM mode :yelling

unknownymous

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Long Term Prediction - D. Gray-man 212 Night: Searching for A.W. - Calling for You

The chapter ends with Allen blacking out and Link suddenly coming into the picture. For this prediction, I will focus on two basic parts. One being the Internal Conflict part of the ark, and two being the External Conflict. With the way things are going, I believe it isn't to far off to say that we are now entering something like 'The Growth of Allen Walker' ark. Hoshino did mention it in an interview, and Johnny did as well in 212 page 27.

Going deeper into the Internal Conflict part of this prediction, I'd like to emphasize a few things:

"Don't let him sleep", I quote. "If you do, it'll be his end. Allen will be swallowed deep within and disappear." - from Ch 202 - p. 32 and again from Ch 212 - p. 09.
"THANK YOU!! ALLEN WALKER'S NOW GONE! <3" - Ch 198 p. 10
And Ch 206 focusing on Cross' conversation with Baba about Allen being merely a vessel to be taken over by the 14th.

So far those parts of the manga have been repeatedly hinting on Allen being totally consumed by the 14th. Now that Allen has fallen asleep during the change, the prospect of the above happening isn't something we can scratch out that easily.

But of course, what is a good plot without a loophole or contradiction of sorts no? Well, seeing as how Hoshino pulled a counter phenomenon with Ch 203 p. 17 with Cross saying "When we first met, he didn't call himself 'Allen'..." and the "Should have noticed the mistake sooner!", I can now conclude that she has an awesome way of messing with our brains so much that events are almost unpredictable.

The next few chapters will possibly cover more about the 14th, Mana, and maybe a hint of why not noticing 'Allen' not being Allen before was a mistake. Whatever type of mistake it is though, I believe it will be something really important, and will probably be a reason why Allen cannot be completely erased. It might even touch the mystery of Allens birth and the reason he was born with Innocence in the first place.

For the second part of the prediction, we might be seeing a mot more action.

Lets remember that the Noah's deliberately left Allen alone to lure the Apocryphos to them. With Allen changing and judging by Apo's time of appearance when that first happen, he'll be alive and kicking in the next few chapter. Apocryphos will probably want to get to Allen before everything is too late and there will be an interception between by the Noahs. Apo will focus on Allen, the Noah's on Apo for the time being, Kanda + Link on keeping both sides away....and Johnny on keeping Allen away from the battlefield. The cycle will probably continue until Allen wakes up and changes the flow of the fight with his decision.

PS: I'm not exactly confident with this yet so please tell me what I need to do to improve the next time around. Seriously, how did I do? :sweat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.