Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah, somewhere near Dallas. I heard Arlington was destroyed.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
That is where Naomi is at iirc.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I had a decent study session and caught up on math. I finally left the library, felt for my wallet and... realized it wasn't there.

With luck, I'll get it back tomorrow morning. If not, I will be screwed because that wallet has my sole means to get food beyond the three TV dinners in my closet.

Now I shall take a nap. Hopefully no bloody dreams tonight. (Wash beef livers, get dreams of carrying killed people. Ugh...)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
That is where Naomi is at iirc.
Oh. Hope she's safe...

I had a decent study session and caught up on math. I finally left the library, felt for my wallet and... realized it wasn't there.

With luck, I'll get it back tomorrow morning. If not, I will be screwed because that wallet has my sole means to get food beyond the three TV dinners in my closet.

Now I shall take a nap. Hopefully no bloody dreams tonight. (Wash beef livers, get dreams of carrying killed people. Ugh...)
Ha, you act like this is the Hangout thread. :p Hope you get your wallet back soon though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
She was online late last night, so I don't think we have anything to worry about.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Never mind, she posted this morning. Unless she plugs her computer into a tree, I think her house is good :edu
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I was in Arlington earlier in the day, but left school at about 9 in the morning, so it was a lng while before the tornadoes hit Arlington. I think there was one twister that touched down a few miles from my house, but the damage it caused was pretty much nothing compared to Forney and Arlington.

Thanks for worrying about me though, guys. Surprised and touched. <3
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I was in Arlington earlier in the day, but left school at about 9 in the morning, so it was a lng while before the tornadoes hit Arlington. I think there was one twister that touched down a few miles from my house, but the damage it caused was pretty much nothing compared to Forney and Arlington.

Thanks for worrying about me though, guys. Surprised and touched. <3
Oh come on now :derp

:hip
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I am in total self-loathing right now because I was an idiot and tried studying for a midterm tomorrow, but somehow got to talking with the classmate who I have had awkward interactions with. Let's just say it went over 4 hours, and was fun. But I overreached and tried to get him to discuss matters.. or was it that he told me that we should make it so we never run into each other again in the reading room... So we don't have these awkward interactions, where we avoid each other and then for several hours end up talking or looking at videos or doing silly stuff (like one time we tossed an apple back and forth until it was totally disintegrated - good times). So we can get along. I said I enjoyed our times together, and he freaked, saying he found it "a little amusing", and complaining that it went suddenly dark. I said I just wanted the uncertainty gone, since I didn't know if my code advice had ever helped because he avoided me, and that I wanted to know whether he was even a friend when he avoids me. He paused for a while and said shortly that I was, before saying the coding advice had helped him a little.

But again I asked, and he just closed the conversation with "it's been an amusing evening, even if I didn't get any work done". Null answer.

So, hours done away because I couldn't restrain myself. I enjoyed them, but my midterm and sleep schedule will pay the price. As his will, I guess. And so begins another 5 month long cold war.

Edit: And he had told me he was going home to post a FB status for tomorrow. He wasn't telling me what it was and that it was a surprise, but he just posted it. I forgot First Contact Day. The irony is insane.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
He sounds completely intimidated by you earthforge. Sometimes you want to grab a hold of someone and just shake them until they understand and be comfortable but that's a bit selfish I guess. All you can do is be you and try not to second guess it. If he's uncomfortable with you being so forward...he's just going to be uncomfortable and there's only so much you can do to change that.

(This is all going under the assumption that he's not a scheming little puke who just enjoys watching you squirm though)
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I haven't prayed since I was 13.
Made it as a joke off-hand comment to BBB in the FF, when I realized it was completely true and that I've never told anyone that before.

So I put it in here.

I haven't prayed since I was 13.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Made it as a joke off-hand comment to BBB in the FF, when I realized it was completely true and that I've never told anyone that before.

So I put it in here.

I haven't prayed since I was 13.
I was raised Catholic, and was confirmed when I was 14 or 15. I can't really remember the last time I prayed...actually prayed.

I don't really consider myself a member of any religion though, so...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I'm horribly obsessed with skylines.

Such that I've goggled it few weeks ago to get a lot of pictures for my wallpaper. It's a rotating wallpaper sorta thing, if that makes sense.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think you're misusing the word "obsessed". Just because you like them as your background doesn't mean you're obsessed :oh
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
*sigh*
I confess that,while I somewhat dislike talking about it,I need this post to sort my feelings.(Feel free to skip it in case you are not interested in poor outcomes.)

So where to start?I guess I'll go with something positive first.So the girl I fell in love with and I wanted to watch a TV show with two other girls and her sister yesterday evening,but due to a misunderstanding,I was 5 hours early.That way,I spent half of the day with her,which made me unbelievably happy,especially because she did not seem to be annoyed by my sudden appearance.We had a good time and all,but one thing I noticed was that she appeared to be even more beautiful than usually,despite not being able to properly dress herself and wash her hair and stuff due to said misunderstanding.I blamed it on the fact that she was in Munich for a week,which is why I could not see her in person.

Anyhow,as the evening passed by and the show ended,we ended up talking about various stuff,until one of those girls said something along the lines of: "Oh,you still need to tell us about that!How was it?We're curious hurr durr."Her shy smile,which made her all the more beautiful, made this situation very awkward for me,so I decided to ask for the way to the bathroom in an even more awkward manner....While sitting on the toilet,I considered countless possibillities including the possibillity of them talking about my early appearance,which lead to a nice day.When I returned they had already changed the topic and we talked and laughed together as usual, blah bla.When we were just about to go,her friend shattered my hope into tiny pieces with a "Tell us more about him next time",directly followed by a "Maybe we should invite him over some time,you need to introduce us to that guy.*wink**wink*" from the other girl.Despite this double punch in the guts,I kept a straight pokerface,which was only possible because of the web of possibillities I've spun on the toilet,which prevented me from falling into a sudden deep depression.Allthough it might also be due to the fact that I was rather confused in a way.I couldn't feel angry or sad,I was simply confused.On my way home and then later,in my bed,thoughts kept racing through my head and I had trouble falling asleep.Only now am I starting to feel the pain and the confused depression,which is currently fed by the band Placebo.

Worst of all,I can't stop thinking about that incredibly pretty face of hers,which is probably caused by that guy,giving me additional confused feelings,as I can't possibly hate him for making her so happy.Still,whenever I remember her face,which fulfills me with joy,that annoying negative part is added and I end up feeling strange.

Having written this off of my chest,I guess it could be worse.It's not like she suddenly dislikes me.We're still good friends,who are able to have a great time together and she likes me.I still enjoyed looking in her eyes and seeing her smile,despite that seed of doubt I had prior to the confirmation.Furthermore,every time there is a girl I like,I start creating some kind of distance.Be it out of respect or something else,I don't know,but it's always there(,even though it was minimal this time).However,when a girl is a mere friend of mine,I can talk nonchalantly,making compliments becomes way easier and I'm able to show my true self,without worrying about what she might think.This actually puts me in a better position.Even though seeing her will be a little difficult for the next couple of times,I think it will be better later on.Even better than now.Moreover,I'll simply await the upcoming developments and be a good friend for her until then.Who knows,maybe it will pay off.For now,I'll just follow the lyrics of the song Andria by La Dispute: "If I can't love you as a lover,I will love you as a friend.",even though it sounds kind of pathetic.Meh...
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well you still don't know who this guy truly is. Since the girls were mentioning that in front of you maybe you could have simply asked who were they talking, everything would be clear. I guess you were too shocked at the moment. Now it will be hard to ask now I guess.

It would be bad for you if there is still a doubt in your mind about that. Better to know sooner than later. I think.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well you still don't know who this guy truly is. Since the girls were mentioning that in front of you maybe you could have simply asked who were they talking, everything would be clear. I guess you were too shocked at the moment. Now it will be hard to ask now I guess.

It would be bad for you if there is still a doubt in your mind about that. Better to know sooner than later. I think.
I guess I should've asked,but they made it very clear and her reaction spoke more than a thousand words.Will ask her rather sooner than later,but for now,I feel like a potato...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I think you're misusing the word "obsessed". Just because you like them as your background doesn't mean you're obsessed :oh
More than that. :\ You know that.


Googlez, you know for sure they're not talking about you? All I guess you can do is ask her. If it's clear it's not you, then sorry, bro, but there's next time. I'm in similar situation, and although I do like her, her happiness is more important.

There's just something about the one we love's smile. You just don't ever want to see that go away so much that you'd move Earth to keep her smiling.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Googlez, I guess the best thing to do right now is to continue to be her friend. Who knows how it might go with that other guy, whether he exists or not. But I'm sure she's grateful right now to have a guy like you to rely on. Keep it up.

I confess I'm in a rather good mood. After consulting with various people about last wednesday evening, I feel pretty good now. I think all I can do is continue to be who I am, and who knows? We do like each other, even if it's muddled by each other's stubbornness and fears.

And I got to see a bunch of guys in my dorm's main room dressing for the drag show (lookin' super sexy in their corsets and skimpy bridesmaid dresses), and managed to get some entomology done (and some astro last night).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top