Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,042
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If we're going by the states rule of 16 for a permit - urghm... I mean Antarctican rules. I'll confess that I was three years behind when I received mine.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I should do it, but I just had never really needed to. Living at home and working the city sorta makes driving a bit pointless for day to day purposes. But as I plan to move, I need to get this done.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm 8y late ò.ó beat that!
I confess at first, I thought she was talking about her period. I was all, O__________________________________________________________________________________o.



Then I scrolled up, and went oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, cool.






I got my license as soon as I was legally able to do so. Whoop whoop womp.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I feel weird again.

Nothing out of the ordinary. :ohaielmo
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
I confess, I got driving license without giving a driving test. No, I did not bribe anyone. The inspector was feeling generous and issued it just by asking if I knew how to drive :XD.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Permit the month I turned 15, licence the week I turned 16. I had been needing the licence for a while before I could even legally get it, since I had a job. I can't imagine not having a DL for the past four years. :s
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I tried to get mine when I was finishing graduation. But it was easier to get it in the state where I was born, not in the state where I live. So I decided to take the classes where I was born while studying somewhere else lol. Took me 6months to be able to take the test and then I failed O: Not my fault, people are more retarded than me ç.ç and there was a fucking wheel chair! I decided not to try again until I'm planning to buy a car u.u (and now I'm always postponing my car, rs).
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I wonder if I'll ever get a driver's license. xD I'm afraid of driving. I feel like I won't be a good driver and it's best for me and the other people if I'm not driving. ._.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
I wonder if I'll ever get a driver's license. xD I'm afraid of driving. I feel like I won't be a good driver and it's best for me and the other people if I'm not driving. ._.
Many feel that way initially. Trust me, driving becomes natural after few months. If you are not confident about it, drive slowly in the start. DO NOT CHICKEN OUT :yelling
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Many feel that way initially. Trust me, driving becomes natural after few months. If you are not confident about it, drive slowly in the start. DO NOT CHICKEN OUT :yelling
Yeah, everyone says the same. xD I wasn't interested in driving before, I kinda started thinking about it more this year. Driving in the city here can be very impossible though. xD I don't need a car, for now. I might one day. xD
 

jamesem92

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
25
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
England
I confess I stumbled upon this forum on my dinner break at work, and after reading this thread I got pretty hooked and joined.

As for the driving thing, I got a motorbike three weeks ago and to get one with Learner plates on you just have to pass a CBT test here in England. I did pass (I nearly got killed on a round-about :| so I have no idea how), but I knew nothing about the road until I went on it by myself and learned the hard way.
With a car at least the person has to get lessons so you end up nice and prepared and ready.
I feel quite confident already, so I bet with a car it takes no time.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Welcome to the forums, Jame (Is "Jame" okay? :worrybunny)! :confetti

Motorbike sounds cool. I confess I always thought it'd be nice to ride one, but... xD Impossibru.

Continue having fun here! ^^
 

jamesem92

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
25
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
England
Welcome to the forums, Jame (Is "Jame" okay? :worrybunny)! :confetti

Motorbike sounds cool. I confess I always thought it'd be nice to ride one, but... xD Impossibru.

Continue having fun here! ^^
Thank you Adorian!
You can call me anything you like, my first name is James, which is where I got my username from, however if you want to shorten it I'm more than happy for you to do that!

It's a lot of fun to ride, a bit scary sometimes as close up cars look so big!

Thank you, I hope I do.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I had my learner's permit quite early on, I just kept it and just wasn't in a rush to get my license for whatever reason. They expire after a certain time period so I actually had to renew it before I finally took Driver's Education.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Thank you Adorian!
You can call me anything you like, my first name is James, which is where I got my username from, however if you want to shorten it I'm more than happy for you to do that!

It's a lot of fun to ride, a bit scary sometimes as close up cars look so big!

Thank you, I hope I do.
Oh, okay. ^^ I divided it in my mind as "jame-sem" xD. But "Jame" is cute, so... ^^
 
Last edited:

jamesem92

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
25
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
England
Oh, okay. ^^ I divided it in my mind as "jame-sem" xD. But "Jame" is cute, so... ^^
Oh, I can see why it would look that way.
And you're right! I like it :^_^

I also confess that today is going very slowly, and I may be spending a bit of time on MH while I should be finding some work to do.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I confess that A Song of Ice and Fire is helping me with my job oO
I used to read a lot when I was a kid and a teen. My dad is crazy about books so I grew up knowing that me and my sister should share a room so his books would have the other one for them >P So I used to spend a lot of time there, at his 'library', reading his collections. But then I moved to go to college, and the library there is huuuge and it was always full of students and I started to feel like I didn't have enough time to read anymore. Since I almost never read then (even when I had to study, I only used my class notes, using books was rare) whenever someone give me a book my first thought was "this is too big..." and I couldn't concentrate on it at all, ending up by droping it. I guess that hurted my dad a little since I stopped checking the books that he loved and would indicate to me xD, even the ones he wrote. In other words, as a lazy person, I couldn't be arsed checking books anymore. In my work, I should read all the time. We don't have enough time to be trained, so we gotta check our technical books as much as we can. After one year in my company, I didn't read a single one XD My co-workers talk about them all the time and I used to think I could learn thru practicing only. In the end, I fell behind. I think I'd be more secure about my work if I had studied, to fully understand the concepts and know what to do in a new situation. Got ASOIAF 'cause I got curious, when I saw how big it was, I thought "at least it will look pretty on my shelf". Started reading really slow, and then I got addicted @.@ Considering that I still have short time and my own reading rhythm is a bit slow, I think I read them sooo so fast XD And they keep getting bigger and bigger, LOL. So, last week, when I HAD TO read technical books to learn about a project I'm working on solo, my tech books look sooo small and I read them sooo fast XD And I fully understand them, I'm paying more attention, and reading/studying is now a pleasant thing to do again o/ [THE END]
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm glad fanboying/fangirling has improved your job performance :super
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top