Off to the Next One

Status
Not open for further replies.

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
No one calls them that. They're Roller Skates. Unless it's the old-fashioned type that can be fixed to any pair of shoes.
Yeah, they are the old-fashioned type. I bought them many many years back. Something like that but without the shoe on them.

 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Really? They still sell those? :huh I was told by my parents/grandparents that the old ones can ruin your shoes since they dig into the rubber sole or something.

Seems like you only ever see them in cartoons where Sylvester the Cat or Tom from Tom and Jerry is busting their ass after slipping on one.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Really? They still sell those? :huh I was told by my parents/grandparents that the old ones can ruin your shoes since they dig into the rubber sole or something.

Seems like you only ever see them in cartoons where Sylvester the Cat or Tom from Tom and Jerry is busting their ass after slipping on one.
I bought them like 15+ years ago *duh*. Mine were different. They are more like
. They do not ruin your shoes. I have a skateboard too, lying somewhere.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
No I meant like the old-time ones with wooden wheels or something. They would bite into the sole of your hoes to stay in place as well as strap in.

So more like a sandal, don't know if I've ever seen anything like that before. And they were just lying under your bed? :huh
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
No I meant like the old-time ones with wooden wheels or something. They would bite into the sole of your hoes to stay in place as well as strap in.

So more like a sandal, don't know if I've ever seen anything like that before. And they were just lying under your bed? :huh
I told you we are in the middle of shifting and thus they found their way under the bed :fail

Have you ever skated?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Shifting? :oh

Yeah, I've skated before. Not much on Skateboards though, my feet were always too big. Used to have parties at Skate Land as a kid all of the time.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Told you like 10 times about my house under-construction.

Big-foot :rofl
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
*watches video*

:cookiestare

*posts on Adi's thread*

 
Last edited by a moderator:

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
By any chance, you used to walk bare foot when you were a kid? I heard mothers always telling their kids to wear shoes.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I LOVE MY AVATAR :arf

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

By any chance, you used to walk bare foot when you were a kid? I heard mothers always telling their kids to wear shoes.
I don't think so. Not like a feral child or anything. But that type of old wives tale would give some implication since my father and brother are both 2+ sizes smaller than me and I'm the same relative height.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It's pretty thoughtful and cute Adi...HOW DARE YOU WORK!!! :arf
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
No it's about cats and friends and other....things
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ed Sheeran is amazing! :shin

 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: xi0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top