I'll follow you into the dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: It started with a whisper

Lang Thang :teehee :derp

Oooh swords :zomg pics if you can! but being a museum, they have rules on antiques and such :bored

Have fun too! :nod
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

My mom told me it supposed to be translated as "Wandering Noodles". I think it supposed to represent the fact that they had to leave Vietnam so they don't have a "homeland" per se aka they're like nomads.

I'm sure we will. ^^
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: It started with a whisper

My mom told me it supposed to be translated as "Wandering Noodles". I think it supposed to represent the fact that they had to leave Vietnam so they don't have a "homeland" per se aka they're like nomads.

I'm sure we will. ^^
Just noticed the proprietors have your name :amuse.

They've got a good food menu too, from the looks of it.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

The last name is pretty common. It is like the Smiths. ^^

Yeah, the food looks delicious which is why we want to try it. :drool
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: It started with a whisper

so riki, did u take a peek at yureka? :poke

how's the progression of ur story?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

I'm starting Chapter 6 and my story is coming along. I plan to bring a notebook on my way to Cincy so I could jot some notes down and whatnot.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Sooo... I wrote a lot of notes for Chapter 1 during the trip. I have five pages so far and I'm not even halfway through the chapter. :sweatdrop

I'll probably jot down more notes during my lunch and planning period tomorrow.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: It started with a whisper

Sooo... I wrote a lot of notes for Chapter 1 during the trip. I have five pages so far and I'm not even halfway through the chapter. :sweatdrop

I'll probably jot down more notes during my lunch and planning period tomorrow.
Well at least you're not "writing in your head" like last time :amuse

When can we expect another preview? :blai
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

It's probably because it's going to be longer that my short chapter so I need to keep my thoughts organized. ^^

Ummm... I dunno when I will release the next snippet but I'll post one as soon as I can.

---------- Post added May 15, 2012 at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was May 14, 2012 at 06:07 AM ----------

Here is a snippet from the beginning:

One of the Merzakians cleared his throat and she realized that they were giving her an impatient and stern glare. Kejuta just ignored him and continued to braid her daughter's hair. They wouldn't dare punish her; she was too precious to them after all. After she tied a ribbon in Adia's hair, she kissed her daughter's forehead and whispered, "Take care of Pendance, okay?" Adia nodded to show that she understood and went to her little brother, who looked at his mother with solemn eyes. The woman looked sadly at her; it has been three years now. Adia whose joyful voice brought a smile to everyone's face hasn't spoken ever since that incident.

---------- Post added May 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was May 15, 2012 at 08:26 AM ----------

Another snippet:

"My name is Thesben," he introduced himself as he offered his hand. "I was from the village of Cront. What's your name and where are you from?" She sat up on her bed and shyly pulled her hair behind her ears. He has a beautiful smile and seemed friendly. Blushing, she answered as she shook his hand, "I'm Kejuta and my village was called Alethesia."

The young man frowned slightly when he heard it. "Alethesia?" he pondered. "I thought they have tan skin and dark hair, but you have pale skin and strawberry blonde hair."

"It's because one of my ancestors was not originally from the village," Kejuta blurted quickly. "According to my grandmother, he arrived in the village with his sister. He told the villagers that they came from a place far from there and that they wanted to escape from a religious war. Apparently, his sister was traumatized from the war so he decided to flee even though it would mean death for him. After hearing his story, the villagers pitied them and took them in. After awhile, my ancestor settled down and married one of the village girls. As for his sister, she was taken care of by the village until her death."

Thesben nodded when he heard her story. "I see," he said. "That explained it. I noticed that the Merzakians were looking at you curiously. It's probably because you look similar to them or the long gone Purians. Well, Kejuta, I guess we're going to get know more about each other in the upcoming days since we're stuck in this rut. I'll most likely see you in the fields so see ya!" He turned around and without looking back, he waved as he walked away.

"See you tomorrow then," Kejuta replied softly. Since there was nothing else to do, she lowered herself back to bed and after a few restless hours, she managed to fall asleep.
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: It started with a whisper

Ah good, we get some explanation as to what happened with Roku and Kyah; though I do remember you saying they lived happily. Will that aspect of the story be explored further? as I wanted to know if Kyah ever gained any kinda control from her mindbreak or just remained the same for the rest of her life?

Thanks again for the snippets! :nod
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: It started with a whisper

i'm not reading the snippet. just waiting for the whole story :nod
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

Ah good, we get some explanation as to what happened with Roku and Kyah; though I do remember you saying they lived happily. Will that aspect of the story be explored further? as I wanted to know if Kyah ever gained any kinda control from her mindbreak or just remained the same for the rest of her life?

Thanks again for the snippets! :nod
Well, they live the rest of their lives in peace so I would say that they were happy. :amuse

I'll probably write a story about what happened when they arrived in the village but maybe after I finishing writing a chapter or two.

As the late Robert Jordan would say, RAFO (read and find out) :p
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: It started with a whisper

^Didn't read your story yet but are you also waiting for the last part of Memory of Light (wheel of time) ?
I saw it's for the first quater of 2013.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

Yes, I am anticipated it. :blai It's kinda sad since there won't be any more book but at least we got to read the conclusion. ^^

Have you read the first part of the prologue?
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: It started with a whisper

Yes, I am anticipated it. :blai It's kinda sad since there won't be any more book but at least we got to read the conclusion. ^^

Have you read the first part of the prologue?
If you only knew how much I sympathize... We're lucky to have Brandon Sanderson. It reminds me of another series "Nine Princes in Amber" by Zelazny...he died early and...no conclusion. :s

And yes I read the piece of prologue. :blai

I have to confess, my memory is fading, since the serie is so huge and didn't have time to read it again so I didn't remember who was this zealous guy obsessed by Elayne, the bit of explanation.

The way Rand returned to the light side was so awesome !!! But I'm not sure if I appreciate yet his newfound personnality, he seems too much like a saint now.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

I think he's a new character (one of those who trying to seize the throne of Andor from Elayne) since I don't remember reading about it. He's probably a minor character to set up the story for the Last Battle.

IIRC, Sanderson said the reason Rand seems so saintlike is that it was based on the other characters' impressions. He said that Rand isn't really that way and based on the epilogue in the last book, he's still clever and plans to pretend to be "insane" to convince the others to join his side during the meeting with the world leaders.

The thing I'm most curious about is whether or not he still sense the True Power. My brother theorized that he may use the Dark One's power to destroy the last seals so he could patch up the Dark One's prison.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: It started with a whisper

I think he's a new character (one of those who trying to seize the throne of Andor from Elayne) since I don't remember reading about it. He's probably a minor character to set up the story for the Last Battle.

IIRC, Sanderson said the reason Rand seems so saintlike is that it was based on the other characters' impressions. He said that Rand isn't really that way and based on the epilogue in the last book, he's still clever and plans to pretend to be "insane" to convince the others to join his side during the meeting with the world leaders.

The thing I'm most curious about is whether or not he still sense the True Power. My brother theorized that he may use the Dark One's power to destroy the last seals so he could patch up the Dark One's prison.
Oh ? I don't remember he planned to appear insane in the end, depends what you mean by "insane". I guess I'll have to re-read it once returned in Paris. Thanks for the precision.

Does he even need any power to break the last seals ? They're already so fragile to the point he could broke at least one of them with his bare hands. The True Power will probably play a role in his confrontation against the Dark One since, somehow, a special link is created with him and this power always comes with a big price, so I think the Dark One might uses this against Rand. Besides it would be weird that the very seals which are keeping the Dark One at bay are sensible to his own power. Certainly in the long term since they're weakening but if it needs a burst of the True Power to get rid of it, the big bad guy would be already out no ?

Did you see one of the cover of the last book ? Seems like a huge spoil about Rand's fate, fuck ! :yelling
 
Last edited:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

I don't have the book with me but IIRC, he mentioned something like it could be a good thing that some people thinks he was insane so he could convince them to his terms.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: It started with a whisper

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top