I'll follow you into the dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: It started with a whisper

none, that's just one of my random post, u're thinking too deep.
btw didn't see you in the win thread lately? :poke
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

Umm... too lazy to post, I guess? :p
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: It started with a whisper

riki will you buy me what? :wtf
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

Damn. :o

I don't think I have enough money to buy all of those consoles so sorry. :sweatdrop
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: It started with a whisper

:XD
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: It started with a whisper

Who is your favorite character by the way ?

A lot of people are fan of Mat Cauthon, this guy is so enjoyable to read.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

I like Mat as well since he's the troublemaker of the three. Whenever I read the books, I enjoy reading it from Rand, Mat, and the Forsaken's POVs. Moridin is my favorite Forsaken (second would be Lanfeaer/Cyndane).

Who is your favorite?
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: It started with a whisper

Matt and Rand too. :blai

I had mixed feelings when reading Perrin but he is doing great now.

I like the apparition of Moridin too, but, while he brings several new significant things to the plot each time he appears, he is a bit foolish, well I can say the same about the Dark One, since they had several occasions to kill Rand...but they are too greedy. Well I still prefer him among the other forsakens since he is the most developped and seems not to be "evil" for the sake of it.

Elayne is good to read too, not especially because of her behaviour, but more because of the plot around her.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

^Actually Moridin and the Dark One do not want to kill Rand - they wanted to turn him aka the Light's Champion to their side because that would mean that they actually won (since he could be reincarnated). And yeah, some of the reasons the Forsaken betrayed their former allies were pretty silly (e.g. jealousy).

Oh, I don't really care the politic side of the story so I usually get bored with her story though the last few ones were pretty good.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: It started with a whisper

^Actually Moridin and the Dark One do not want to kill Rand - they wanted to turn him aka the Light's Champion to their side because that would mean that they actually won (since he could be reincarnated). And yeah, some of the reasons the Forsaken betrayed their former allies were pretty silly (e.g. jealousy).

Oh, I don't really care the politic side of the story so I usually get bored with her story though the last few ones were pretty good.
Yeah this is what I meant by being too greedy, they could kill him but wanted more. Well this stage is supposed to be the last one for the Dark One in a sense that he is supposed to finally be able to unravel the weave (which includes souls coming back) of the wheel of time for real anyway.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

Oh, I thought it was implied that the cycle will continue until the Dragon succumbs to the Dark One.

BTW I almost forgot about some funny work stories

Middle School, Resource Room:

During study hall, one of the kids came back to the room after asking his teacher a question.
Boy: Hey, he's not supposed to be here!
Me: Yes, he is.
Boy: Really? How come I never seen him before?
Me: Maybe if you pay more attention in class, you would have noticed
Boy's Friends: Ohhhh, you got told by the teacher!
Boy: Sh-shut up! You guys got told by teachers too!
High school, Honor Biology
The kids have a test today.
Boy: Hey, do you want to take the test for me?
Me: Uhh... no. I don't think it's a good idea anyway since I didn't study for it so I would probably fail you.
Boy: :XD That's true.
---------- Post added May 18, 2012 at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was May 17, 2012 at 03:00 PM ----------

Another work story

Middle School, Resource Room
The students were learning about prepositions and were supposed to write two sentences (7 words min.) using prepositions to describe each pictures. One boy tried to turn his worksheet in even though he didn't write anything on Pictures C and D. I told him to do them before I give him the other sheet.
Boy: I knew it! You are trying to torture me.
Anyway, just for goldb. I want some feedback because this is my first time doing a romantic scene (nothing graphic):

For the next year, Kejuta and Thesben had their nightly talks in which they talked about their day, their fears, their hopes, and dreams. Then, one night, Thesben asked out of the blues, "Hey, Kejuta, how do you feel about me?"

She looked at him speechlessly before she could sputter, "Wh-what did you just ask?" Patiently Thesben repeated his question and waited for her answer. Her feelings? Toward him? She really enjoyed his company and his affable personality. Not to mention he was very patient and supportive of her whenever she felt depressed. "I really... enjoy having you around," a blushing Kejuta finally replied. Upon hearing those words, he gave a look of relief.

"That's good," Thesben smiled and ventured, "And would you enjoy my company if we're with each other for the rest of our lives?"

Kejuta gaped. "Are you implying what I think you're implying?"

He just gave a chuckle and confessed, "Yes, I'm asking if you want to marry me. I wanted to propose to you but didn't want to make it too sapp-" Before he could finish, Kejuta flung her arms around to embrace him.

"Of course, you idiot!" she cried. This was the happiest day of her life! "Oh, but we need to tell the others and determine the date..."

Thesben gave her a sly look and told her, "In fact, they've already known. As for the wedding date, would tonight be fine with you?" She smiled and gave him a peck on the lip as an answer. "Well then, shall we begin?" he asked as he helped her to her feet.

The ceremony was very simple and small. Resma and Pilur placed tiny white flowers in her hair and fussed over her, making sure she looked "pretty enough" for the groom. Since she didn't have her father to walk her down the aisle, an old man graciously offered to do so and they walked gracefully down to the center of the room where Thesben awaited. Then the leader, who was usually the oldest person in the quarter, presided over the wedding. "Would you, Thesben, accept Kejuta as your wife? Would you protect her, provide for her, and love her for the rest of your life?"

"I do," he replied and then the leader turned to new bride.

"And do you, Kejuta, accept Thesben as your husband? Would you tend the household, bear his children, and love him for the rest of your life?" he inquired. Kejuta turned to look at her beloved's face and saw love in his eyes so she knew her answer.

"Yes, I do," she confirmed in a firm voice. Nodding approvingly, the head of the slave quarter declared, "May the gods bless this happy union and may this couple enjoy eternal bliss!" After the words were said, Thesben and Kejuta kissed each other on the lips while everyone cheered. Soon everyone came over to congratulate the newlyweds, who beamed with joy and gratefully accepted their well wishes. In spite of the hardship that they have experienced, Kejuta realized that this occasion was important to everyone - for just one moment, they could forget about the situation that they're in and instead, focused on a happy time.

They celebrated until the sky grew dark. As people slowly went back to their beds to prepare for tomorrow, the happy couple was still talking softly to each other. "This will be one of the happiest memories in my life!" Kejuta sighed blissfully as she leaned her head on her husband's shoulder. She didn't want the day to end but unfortunately, there was nothing she could do about it.

"One of them?" her husband teased. "What do you mean by that?" Kejuta just smirked at him as she twirled her finger on his chest. "Oh, you know..." she replied slyly as she stuck her tongue at him and he gave her a big grin.

"Too bad we won't have any privacy," he lamented. "Perhaps if we kick everyone out..." They laughed - it would nearly be impossible since the guards would make sure that
never happened. '"Well, I guess we should go to bed then." They walked over to their beds, which were pushed together, and laid down (Kejuta made a mental note to thank the person whose bed was next to her because he switched places with Thesben). As she lay contently with Thesben's arms wrapped around her, Kejuta thought to herself that nothing will ruin their happiness.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: It started with a whisper



I think you handled it well and made sure to remind the reader of the situation the couple and others find themselves in and what this ceremony means to them. I first thought that the confession and its result was a bit rushed but I feel that it'd make sense within the context of the story right?(the development of their relationship and such).

I'll read it again tomorrow and see if I can get a fresh perspective.:nod
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

The last part will probably provide the introduction of the relationship so that might help... I hope. ^^
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: It started with a whisper

hey riki, how's ur story? almost done?
are u still reading yureka?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

Umm... my story isn't quite done yet. :sweatdrop

I'm on Ch. 39
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: It started with a whisper

oh Ch.39
ur impression?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

It's pretty good.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: It started with a whisper

glad u like it :super
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: It started with a whisper

I've been reading whenever I take a break from writing [sizept=1]and from MH[/sizept] :ninja
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: It started with a whisper

I was mislead by the title of your thread...was not sure whether it was your thread :-_-

meh....I finally found the mindmapping thingy....you can create 3 private maps and unlimited public maps for free....sorry it took so long...:sweat....had to check...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top